2014 Az Cactus Grip Comp

acorn

The phone number I had for Issaiah is not his anymore. Maybe someone else has his number or can PM him on a couple forums?

Well, he did sell his grippers this August, and hasn't posted since then. I did notice has has logged in recently, so I guess we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone put in for time off or bought tickets yet for the 15th timeframe? If not we could move it to 3/29/2014 and that would be fine with us to allow Jason to still pull in the Provincials.

- Aaron

Glad the great Canadian North will be represented!!!

It's just me, Jason that's coming. You're thinking of Eric lol!

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have the events finalised Aaron? I looked through the thread again and didn't see anything definitive but I may have missed it.

Thanks

Booked my time off; March 26 - April 11. Probably spend most of it down there and looking forward to seeing Northern AZ this time.

Booked my time off; March 26 - April 11. Probably spend most of it down there and looking forward to seeing Northern AZ this time.

Awesome!

Looking like:

3/29/2014

MMS grippers, 2HP euro, 1H Axle DL and Sledge front DL.

Also I secured a gym site for it at Crossfit Purgatory. Doc Haessler that competed in the last comp as a Novice is a member over there. Different crossfit gym than the one we have used in the past. They will be running the Crossfit Open at the same time but we will have a separate area to use complete with Power Racks, etc.

- Aaron

• Like 3

Awesome!

Looking like:

3/29/2014

Also I secured a gym site for it at Crossfit Purgatory. Doc Haessler that competed in the last comp as a Novice is a member over there. Different crossfit gym than the one we have used in the past. They will be running the Crossfit Open at the same time but we will have a separate area to use complete with Power Racks, etc.

- Aaron

Just one hand for grippers, correct? Just asking since a lot of organizers seem to be doing both. I'm happy with one. It will go quicker.

Awesome!

Looking like:

3/29/2014

- Aaron

Just one hand for grippers, correct? Just asking since a lot of organizers seem to be doing both. I'm happy with one. It will go quicker.

Just one yep.

- Aaron

• 2 weeks later...

Just got word my sister plans on coming down too. She is even talking about competing. She hasn't been training, but will start soon (or so she says). Stephen, your sister is still coming too, despite the date change right?

Well it appears that I can't devote the time and maintain niggle free enough to push all of the lifts for grip in the comp. I don't think I'll compete, maybe just test my 2HP, but will still come down to visit and give Aaron a hand setting up and changing weights, etc.

Well it appears that I can't devote the time and maintain niggle free enough to push all of the lifts for grip in the comp. I don't think I'll compete, maybe just test my 2HP, but will still come down to visit and give Aaron a hand setting up and changing weights, etc.

You can still compete! You never know what condition people are going to show up in.

I'd like to join in. Might convince someone to carpool with me, too. Is the one hand deadlift performed straddle style? Can guys weigh in to make record attempts official?

• Like 1

Eric - I think Tommy mentioned above that he was planning on attending. You might be able to share a ride with him? I haven't seen him comment since before the date was changed.

Jason - The past few weeks I have been looking at your training logs. You're doing pretty good and you still have many weeks to train. I think you should compete!

I'll think about it but grippers would be out; get tendinitis too easily from them now.

Martin, I've actually been talking to Tommy about competing, but it looks like he may not be able to make it. And with regards to Jason, didn't I read a rule somewhere that Jason is required to attend and must compete? Oh cool, as I'm typing this I just received a text from Yori that he's gonna make the trip with me and show everybody how it's done.

• Like 2

Martin, I've actually been talking to Tommy about competing, but it looks like he may not be able to make it. And with regards to Jason, didn't I read a rule somewhere that Jason is required to attend and must compete? Oh cool, as I'm typing this I just received a text from Yori that he's gonna make the trip with me and show everybody how it's done.

Can't I just drink Zach's beer and change plates for you? :upsidedwn

• Like 1

That's great that you guys are coming out. I'm excited to see you again Eric, and excited to meet Yori. We'll have to go to the park and do some weighted pull-ups too :sorcerer:

Can't I just drink Zach's beer and change plates for you?

If we let you do that, there will be no beer left by the time the comp is over. :ohmy

Here's the best I can do, Jason. For every successful competitive lift you make you will be entitled to one beer. I think that's pretty accommodating. And if you choose your attempts wisely, by the third event you'll think it was the best idea ever.

Martin, looking forward to seeing you again... And maybe even having some time to chat this time!

• Like 3

Looking forward to this, and Martin we'll be finally able to hang out. Hope your crazy press strength rubs off on me.

I think I'll go with a jar of apple pie shine then otherwise I'll get too bloated.

• Like 2