OLD Qualification List For North American Championship

Jedd Johnson

Good questions guys. Good questions. Keep them coming.

I added the extra bending info to the first post for clarification.

Jedd - obviously, I already qualified - but I'm curious as to where we find the Level definitions for the Wrist Developer? I searched David's website and can't seem to find it. I also emailed him, but haven't gotten a response back. Also, what would be the qualifying WD Level for a black spring?

The level definitions ffor the WD are actually done in the same way that the Vulcan is done, where 1back, 1front is level 3. You always move the spring on the back side first, so 2back, 1front is level 4, 1back 2front is level 5, and 2back, 2front is level 6.

Right off hand, as far as a chart showing the rest of the levels, the only one I know of is the one that I provide along with my Wrist Developer Training DVD.

As far as the difficulty of the Black, it is rated the same as the Gold spring, as well as the silver black dip spring, and possibly others that I am not recalling right now.

Good luck dominating the Wrist Developer. It feels great every time you move up on that punk-ass b*itch.

Jedd

Hmmm... According to that, then I have done level 4 - will have to try level 5. Thanks very much for posting Jedd!!!

Question: in qualification chance #2, does the deadlift have to be done specifically on the ironmind axle, or can it be one proven to be of equal size?

for qualifications it doesn't have to be an IM axle. for records it does have to be an IM. so, if you have a rouge, silver back, whatever you can use that to get qualified.

Question: in qualification chance #2, does the deadlift have to be done specifically on the ironmind axle, or can it be one proven to be of equal size?

for qualifications it doesn't have to be an IM axle. for records it does have to be an IM. so, if you have a rouge, silver back, whatever you can use that to get qualified.

Ah okay, excellent, thanks. Yeah I have a "non-brand" axle. Haha. Not homemade, but made for me.

Hmmm... According to that, then I have done level 4 - will have to try level 5. Thanks very much for posting Jedd!!!

Absolutely.

That would be up to Andrew. Depends on when the cut-off date is for him. Sometimes it can be tough if people sign up last minute for a contest, for instance.

But Andrew is also pretty laid back about that stuff. You should write him to see what he says.

Jedd

That would be up to Andrew. Depends on when the cut-off date is for him. Sometimes it can be tough if people sign up last minute for a contest, for instance.

But Andrew is also pretty laid back about that stuff. You should write him to see what he says.

Jedd

Yes, laid back. Preferrably 1 month out, but if you can qualify the night before and show up, you're in..:)

• Like 2

Jedd

Yes, laid back. Preferrably 1 month out, but if you can qualify the night before and show up, you're in.. :)

I figured you'd say that, Andrew, but didn't want to speak for you! :grin:

• 4 weeks later...
Can you qualify on Sorinex Mighty Mitts equipment?

A good question but one I don't think has an answer yet. The qualifying standards were developed over time by looking at the competition results in certain lifts over time and what is a "good" lift on that equipment. As of now some of Sorin's equipment has not been used ever (his new frame lift set up for example) so we don't have any real idea what is going to prove out to be a good, better, best lift on it. The other thing is that being a one off item at this point - it isn't available enough yet for a general population to even try. So in this case I would say no you can't qualify on it. Some of the other items that are going to be in the MM show - such as the inch DB etc are already included in the qualifying standards. Do you have a particular item in mind?

essentially what chris said. some of the events at MM are qualifying lifts. you do the 2x45 dealift and you're good. things like the frame hold, nt so much.

Mighty Mitts Hub, 2" rolling Handle, pinch bloks, and the loading pin as a 2" vertical handle

None of those items are on the current lift for qualifying.

I think Ryan is referring to the equipment line that Sorinex offers and not necessarily the Arnold Expo Grip Contest devices.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On the qualification chance 2 the euro two hand pinch for my class is 180lbs the 74kg class. This is more weight than the world record! Is this correct? I don't understand why you would have to qualify on something heavier than the class WR! Just something I wanted to throw out there, I didn't know if anyone else caught that. Thanks

the qual lifts were decided before a lot of the weight classes had really been contested broadly. as things go forward the lifts will get tweaked.

Jedd,

For the Qualification #2 with block weights for 74kg class it says 45lb hex. Is this one end if a 45lb dumbell hex or one one of a 90lb dumbell hex?

Edited by shaynescantland