John Brzenk @ Fit X Challenge - $1000.00 Reward

mightyjoe

Here's a video that will have you on the edge of your seat when you watch John's last

challenger! This guy was a BEAST! :bow You gotta watch the whole thing!

Very much worth the wait!!! ;)

Edited by Mighty Joe
  • Like 1

I thought that guys hand was going to break off!

I'm guessing nobody got $1000?

Highly entertaining! That was a great find, Joe!

A friend of mine got to arm wrestle him and said when he grabbed his hand it felt like a solid rock.

I thought that guys hand was going to break off!

I'm guessing nobody got $1000?

Seriously, I thought this was going to be MegaMan all over again!!! I would have given up if my wrist was cranked all the way back like that.

That was truly awesome that he would take on all comers like that. Forearm on John is just amazing.

Matt, I was told the $1000 stayed safe.

I read from an Australian who was there, that John had to armwrestler 25 Very Strong indidividuals one right after the other. This guy was the LAST on the list. So it is fair to assume that John was not nearly fresh... not by a looong shot. And still he won :)

• Like 1

I read from an Australian who was there, that John had to armwrestler 25 Very Strong indidividuals one right after the other. This guy was the LAST on the list. So it is fair to assume that John was not nearly fresh... not by a looong shot. And still he won :)

he looked confident the whole time in that last match. like he was kinda toyin' with the guy.

This is nothing compared to what John accomplished in the John Brzenk Challenge from 2003, where he beat 102 men in a row (the majority being armwrestlers).

In the mid '90s, Gary Goodridge went to Japan and beat 1,000 people in a row in under 2 hours! And his opponents were motivated -- the first one to beat Gary would have won 1,000,000 yen!

• Like 1

The back in the shirt - looks like 2 spines :)

This is nothing compared to what John accomplished in the John Brzenk Challenge from 2003, where he beat 102 men in a row (the majority being armwrestlers).

In the mid '90s, Gary Goodridge went to Japan and beat 1,000 people in a row in under 2 hours! And his opponents were motivated -- the first one to beat Gary would have won 1,000,000 yen!

The mighty Dave Patton "Giant Killer" set up a table in downtown New York City as a promotion to get arm wrestling into the Olympics

and Dave went the whole time undefeated after 100's tried and failed. What makes this even more impressive was his 165-70 lbs. body weight!

There's an issue of Sports Illustrated I have stored in my history files with the all the details of the amazing event!

The back in the shirt - looks like 2 spines :)

His spinal erectors reminded me of a picture I have of Paul Anderson in a 3 piece suit and his spinal erectors stand out even in a 3 piece

suit! GEEZ!!!

Makes me want to drive up to where John trains just to lock up and experience getting flashed by the master.

Makes me want to drive up to where John trains just to lock up and experience getting flashed by the master.

I've said this thousands of times in my career and I'll say it again. The only way one can experience the

kind of horsepower John Brzenk has developed over the years is to get on the table with him and hang on!

It's truly an experience one will never forget their first try! ;)

The best I can describe his immense strength on the table is to go outside and find yourself about a 30" diameter oak tree

and place your hand in position against the trunk (about 3 feet from the ground should suffice) and start pulling with all your might!

Once you do this report back your findings here on the GB! If nothing moved you have now experienced Pulling John! LOL! But True!

When I was down in Tucson for the IPP in Sept, some of the local AW guys showed up. These guys were showing us grip guys how it's done. I was thoroughly impressed just by that. Then I went on Youtube and saw a clip of John visiting them down in Tucson, and one of the top guys was trying to flash John, and he said something (in a joking, friendly kind of manner), "be careful or you're going to hurt that arm." Just amazing.

I've said this thousands of times in my career and I'll say it again. The only way one can experience the

kind of horsepower John Brzenk has developed over the years is to get on the table with him and hang on!

It's truly an experience one will never forget their first try! ;)

The best I can describe his immense strength on the table is to go outside and find yourself about a 30" diameter oak tree

and place your hand in position against the trunk (about 3 feet from the ground should suffice) and start pulling with all your might!

Once you do this report back your findings here on the GB! If nothing moved you have now experienced Pulling John! LOL! But True!

Allen Fisher said the same thing literally...he said, "John is like trying to pull up a concrete sidewalk".

Didn't John go up against a presser back in the Over the Top Tournament that he won?

From what I hear, a good press is hard to defend against.

Is this true?

I was there in person and was supposed to be the ref but got caught in bad traffic and only just got there in time to see it...it was amazing...thats all i can say..amazing..that was on sunday and then John came to my house for 3 hours and put on a private training session on tuesday for 10 australian armwrestlers. It was very surreal to be watching johns past matches on my 60inch plasma with john himself commenting on them..something that I will never forget!

Just watched this and it was truly amazing!

The last guy had some Michael Todd moves there.

I don't know anything about arm wrestling but I find it amazing to watch Brzenk work. That kind of power is unimaginable to most people, it is unimaginable to me.

There was a guy in the challenge at number 10 or so, massive benchpresser who knows nothing about armwrestling, john hit and went know where and slipped...went to straps and then beat him easily. Afterwards John commented that this guy had one of the strongest wrists he had ever felt!

• 2 weeks later...

I got to pull John a week after this at a sydney training session, it felt like my arm was going to break, he's incredibly strong. Thing as hell wrists forearms, and hands.

The guy John beats in the video just broke the australisn bench press record, so he was a very tough opponent. The other 24 competitors featured the best of Armwrestling in Australia, and John toprolled them like they were kids.

Interesting clip. Yes that guy is strong. I think even stronger than the last challenger. There was another black dude who we saw John pulled in straps. They must've slipped before so he too is strong.

• 2 weeks later...

After watching that video I notice one thing, and would love to know something else:

1. Notice how his body and arm moves as one unit where you see a lot of guys move their arm and not their body?

2. Usually I don't care what an athletes workout routine is because I realize we are all at different levels with various focuses and body type and so on. But I am dying to know what is his routine as a whole that got him where he is today.

***Edit***

After posting this I made an effort to find what he does. Notice the comment this comment in the URL:

Do you train any certain exercises specifically to strengthen your fingers and wrists?

- Cardio in the forearm is VERY important … finger strength and hand squeezing strength really isn’t that important for effective Armwrestling… but I will work light hand grippers with very high reps to build the cardio in the forearm.

http://www.armwrestling-bg.com/2011/02/john-brzenk-training.html

Edited by speedy