Chez vs The MM8: Whatever it takes

Chez

Solid close chez! Very good! What is the rating of that 3.5?

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Solid close chez! Very good! What is the rating of that 3.5?

Thanks man. Only 172. Trying to hold back a bit this week. Only closes done with that block and than tns this week. 

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:24 PM, Chez said:

Thanks man. Only 172. Trying to hold back a bit this week. Only closes done with that block and than tns this week. 

"only"

• Like 3

This is what I picture every time Chez posts a PR on his climb back to the top

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anthony C. said:

This is what I picture every time Chez posts a PR on his climb back to the top

America! F ya!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cannon said:

"only"

Its hard being patient and holding back. Debating if my goal this weekend should a ghp block set with that gripper or go for my next hardest 3.5 (180) mms

• Like 2

Cannon had a sale going so I couldn't resist. I picked up an RB adjustable with an extended handle to do my negatives with. http://cannonpowerworks.com/collections/baraban-handgrippers/products/baraban-adjustable-handgripper. Nice and portable. It will replace my pops grippers. I love the pops gripper but I haven't used it since I moved since its too big and bulky for my place. I left it at my parents house for that reason. I have had an RB adjustable before and I loved the thing but it didn't have an extended handle. It feels different than a TSG so I didn't use it much but its perfect for negatives.  

With this and the grippers aaron is making me, things should get interesting. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

The RB Adjustable is very good. Mine has one handle filed. This makes it even better.

1 hour ago, Jörg Keilbach said:

The RB Adjustable is very good. Mine has one handle filed. This makes it even better.

ya, I think its an excellent tool. In my opinion is the best adjustable I have tried. 

not the greatest session today. Felt a little out of it. I missed my 180 #3.5 by a hair 3 times in a row. It just wasn't happening today. My set felt off. It may be a mental thing being scared to really put force on the arm. I regrouped and grinded out the rest of the workout. I knew I would hit some adversity. Now I just have to overcome it. I will have to train hard and smart to get through the 180s and 190s. Going to up the intensity since my arm is feeling much stronger now. Going back to my heavy work. less focus on doubles tripes etc and more on heavy singles. The RBA adjustable should be here monday so I will incorporate negs again. Aaron showed me a picture of his progress and it looks like the grippers hes making me will be down soon as well. 

I've been using RBA adjustable for a few weeks and I love it!

I am sure you will like it :)

One thing that I notice from RBA gripper is that the strength is pretty consistence from the beginning until the handles are closed. Which makes very difficult for me to set the gripper without the extension handle.

By the way Chez, do get to know the exact rating of the gripper before I close it when I apply for MM certification?

Because based on CPW rating data, MM grippers have a lot of variation.

Looks like some times MM6 can be harder then MM8!

Edited by Morgan

Hey Morgan there is actually only one cert gripper per level that way everyone certs with the same gripper. I would guess the mm6 in the mid 190s like 194-196. People have guessed the mm6 at 197-199 but I remember it feeling not much different than my 194 super elite.  I have never tried the mm7 but Tim Struss guessed it 200-205 and the mm8 at 205-207. These are only guesses though since they are not allowed to be rated 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

Mm1 is like 153

mm2 is like 163

mm3 is 180-183

mm4 is like 183-184 

mm5 is like 190-192

again. Just my guesses from the hip. I get pretty pumped up for certs so I'm usually stronger for them so it's hard for me to guess.

• Like 1

I'm up to using a whoping 30 lb dumbbell for curls with my right arm. Still very light but I have to admit it wasn't easy doing moderate reps so that was humbling. My right is catching up to my left for pressing movements but still way behind in any pulling movements that involve the bicep. I hit left grippers tonight and managed to mms my 165 elite. My left crush has suffered since I can't really push hard with my right to set a gripper in my left hand. Making progress though. I noticed a while back that I make better progress left crush when I train it less frequently while right likes to be hit hard and more frequently. I always found that strange. 

Edited by Chez

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 5:13 PM, Chez said:

Mm1 is like 153

mm2 is like 163

mm3 is 180-183

mm4 is like 183-184 

mm5 is like 190-192

again. Just my guesses from the hip. I get pretty pumped up for certs so I'm usually stronger for them so it's hard for me to guess.

The only one I would adjust higher is my feeling is that the MM1 is 156-158. 

52 minutes ago, Cannon said:

The only one I would adjust higher is my feeling is that the MM1 is 156-158. 

I would be shocked if it rated above a 153CPW.  The MM1 is the village bicycle.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, anwnate said:

I would be shocked if it rated above a 153CPW.  The MM1 is the village bicycle.

I have to agree. I remember hearing high 150s before my cert and u can hear in the vid how shocked I was on how easy it felt. I think it has seasoned a lot

Nice, let's get a few more years worth of seasoning on that puppy and then i'll have a go at it.

Good stuff with the elite close off hand dude.

2 hours ago, Anthony C. said:

Nice, let's get a few more years worth of seasoning on that puppy and then i'll have a go at it.

Good stuff with the elite close off hand dude.

Thanks buddy. I actually missed my 172 #3.5 by a hair off hand right after

Great comeback. Let's see you closing the #4 again 

Thanks man. I'm hoping to get back up there. Just gotta keep grinding. 

Tried my harder #3.5 again tonight. Late night session after a family party. Not sure if I got it. There might be a hair thick gap between the handles. Wasted energy since it went out of frame and then I had to hold it and bring it back in frame. On well. Went heavier this session though. Heavy MMS Singles and then negatives with the RB adjustable then CCS singles. Its a step in the right direction. 

Grippers came from Aaron. Purdy! 

image.jpeg

Edited by Chez
  • Like 5

Those are beauts!  I have a toddler gripper on build from him and I can't wait to get it.  I will probably end up closing it more than my daughter does, haha. 

• Like 2

Positive I closed my 180 COC #3.5 today. Got a convincing still. Video got messed up since my hand went out of frame during the set but I know it was MMS: 

Snapshot 1 (4-16-2016 10-48 PM).png

• Like 4