Curl War 3: The Peoples' Dietitian Vs. The Diesel Crew

jad

I got 55# both hands today. You guys are monsters.

By the way, here it is. This was my third attempt. It's funny how things go, the first two attempts, I got a very strict right hand curl, and failed lefty. So in this attempt I decided to try the left hand first. I got it (I don't know if it passes the strict judgement), and seconds later tried with the right hand and actually struggled with it now?? Also.... my wife's been telling me to throw this shirt in the garbage for months, but I refuse to do it, I work out at home, and don't mind all the holes in my clothing, hah hah. I'll take a t-shirt donation anytime fellas. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kR3-zBXJw8

Edited by Arturo

Lol, what can I say, I'm a humble guy. Currently I'm sporting "friendly mutton chops" so my chin is shaved. I bet the homeless go for the full beard style, LOL. I'll eventually go back full too, and I'll make sure to wear this shirt next time I film myself again, haha. My wife would kill me if she knew I actually placed myself in public with that shirt. Even I find it funny. But look at the positive side, maybe someone here goes "awww poor bastard, i'll ship him some t-shirts for free". :P

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is great.... All this time... Whoda thought ?

I do 95 regularly and will post 100 soon.

I wasn't gonna chime in but the YouTube comments of there being a new sheriff in town bugged me when I don't even work out and posted the original video without a competitive motive.

I did a true 94 twice after 4 rum and cokes, no warm up, no Metallica, no smelling salts..... No working out for years now..... And it felt fairly easy first round...... I AM the sheriff HULK...... I still got some in the tank, your attempt had some movement bottom end... Tsk tsk...... Lol .... Let the games begin

You tube .... Rob Vigeant 95 curl..... Later gents

I just watched it. The actual movement was probably the strictest anyone has posted but you didn't start fully extended.

Since Rob didn't post it, here's his video:

Edited by thewalrus

I posted a second video attached to that one if you click " more videos" it has as much extension as a dumbbell that big will allow and was IMO better than the first video and very strict.

Here is Rob's second video: The sloooooow movement while the arm is near horizontal means it's pretty much as strict as it gets. If he didn't start fully extended I don't think it matters that much? I mean, when I fail I don't fail in the first 3 inches of movement from fully extended? Is it just me? I think it's legit. Specially given how slowly the curl is moving through the toughest bit of the ROM.

Rob,

Let me just clear something up. If any of my comments got construed as "smack talk" you have to understand that I was merely playing a character and trying to get people interested. I have a post up above where I say something like Rob Vigeant who or something like that. All in jest.

No idea what is being said on YouTube. Lots of douchers there.

By the way, that 94 vid was sick.

Jedd

Not you jedd, you a aces in my book..... And I love and get the whole smack talk thing.

I got a little fired when one of the guys.... Rob ( hulk) said if I could do it I would have posted it, and something like my time has past..... So I made a video.

I can do lots of world class feats.... Just never put em on video, I guess being called out was what I needed.

I also have a video, same weight.... Back against a wall...... Happy hunting gents, I might have to start training again

Cool man.

Do you still arm wrestle bro? But you don't do any weights? That blows me away. Have you retired from AW? We hear so llittle from you it is hard to keep track.

Jedd

I've cleaned up the original blog entry and have created an organized list.

http://peoplesdietitian.blogspot.com/2011/11/whos-who-of-curl-war-iii.html

Napalm: I haven't forgot about the promo. My "camera man" works retail and has been moved to nights for the holiday season. It's coming!

Ooooohhh. Josh is consistent in follow up. Ooooohhhh.

Wow. 94 is amazing :bow

As for Hulk Roberts 87. I don't mean to trash talk he is obviously very strong but that was not even close to strict. Not even an attempt at a strict curl imo. His first rep with 79 was perfect.

Wow. 94 is amazing :bow

As for Hulk Roberts 87. I don't mean to trash talk he is obviously very strong but that was not even close to strict. Not even an attempt at a strict curl imo. His first rep with 79 was perfect.

I agree with Wayne: IncredibleHulkRobert's 79 was perfect, but the 87 was not even close to strict. Not only was momentum used at the beggining, but he leaned backwards way too much in order to get past through the sticking point. Check Rob's recent videos and see he doesn't lean backwards like that. He'd be posting a 110# with that form in my opinion, really. We gotta keep it strict.

Since this is in good fun I have a little goal now of going over 60#. Heh, not in you guys league, I know... but will shoot for it anyways. I wonder how this is best trained for? Singles? Reps? How many times a week?.... I don't wanna ask Rob coz apparently he was born being able to curl this, LOL.

I thought IHR's 87 was good except for the beginning and then you get into the convo of allowing Rob's without full extension. I think both guys are plenty strong and the beginning is moot. Rob's couldn't be helped and the big sticking point shows IHR isn't using momentum. That said, it's Rob's challenge so he if wants him off then we'll nix it and put him in at 79# which is still 2nd.

Seems like 60 is what separates the men from the boys in the LWs, 80 in the rest, and Rob is on his own level.

I do still AW, haven't competed in almost a year and a half tho, life gets busy I guess.

I'm planning on getting active after the new year.

As far as training.... Well, there is none.

I love to workout and train balls out, but I have had some issues that prevented me from doing anything since early 09' .

Good news is those issues have sorted out and am getting back to training .... Light, as of next week and hoping to go beast mode after the new year

That DB is big and I wanted it to the front.... That was as straight as I could get it.

My right arm won't go completely straight....there is always a little something in it.

I don't feel hulk Roberts 87 was legit, I controlled the weight the whole range of motion.

To fix the issue, start to the front and with a slight bend since I cannot completely straighten out my arm and control it as I do

Jad: I'm gonna have to disagree. You could say I'm biased coz I'm a Rob (Vigeant) fan, and that might be true. But I'll tell you this: the speed is key. It gives you a proper idea of how much momentum was used. Rob didn't start from full extension but it was slow and controlled with no leaning back.

Just for comparison on IncredibleHulkRobert's video, watch his 79# curl video, start it at 1:15 and watch the speed from full extension to parallel. I don't want to embed the video here so after youtube.com place this in the URL: /watch?v=W8GMD5BcMtQ ..... advance it to 1:15 and check speed from the buttom to when the forearm is horizontal.

Now, open his 87# vid (after youtube.com put this: /watch?v=wB-cGmh_Ids ....) and advance it to 1:05. Now check the speed with which the dumbell goes from extension to when the forearm is parallel. The difference in speed is HUGE with his 79# curl video. It is very clear to me.

I do still AW, haven't competed in almost a year and a half tho, life gets busy I guess.

I'm planning on getting active after the new year.

As far as training.... Well, there is none.

I love to workout and train balls out, but I have had some issues that prevented me from doing anything since early 09' .

Good news is those issues have sorted out and am getting back to training .... Light, as of next week and hoping to go beast mode after the new year

Sorry to hear you haven't been able to AW and Lift - but glad to hear things are coming back around for you.

Jedd

That DB is big and I wanted it to the front.... That was as straight as I could get it.

My right arm won't go completely straight....there is always a little something in it.

I don't feel hulk Roberts 87 was legit, I controlled the weight the whole range of motion.

To fix the issue, start to the front and with a slight bend since I cannot completely straighten out my arm and control it as I do

No, I agree Rob. I know why you couldn't extend and heavy db or no my Left and Right arm don't go perfectly straight after pulling for a couple years either LOL. It's your challenge. I'll edit the blog and put him at #2 with 79#.

• 3 weeks later...

That video was awesome bro.

Not sure how many people realize this...during those vignettes, Mr. Perfect and Wade Boggs got to be really good friends. They ended up going on a lot of hunting and fishing trips together and were friends for years. On one trip, Boggs tried stepping over a barb wire fence , got hung up, and cut open his leg severely. Hennig (Perfect) picked Boggs up on shoulder and carried him back to the truck and took him to the hospital. I think Boggs was still playing baseball at the time and he would have pretty much died in the Woods if it hadn't been for Hennig being able to carry him back. Just goes to show you how important it could be that we all train as hard as we do, being able to save someone's life like that.

Keep up the curling. I had to stop because I got some nasty irritation from training the Gripmas Hammer Set-up, but I will egt back into it. Curling power never leaves these guns.