(genral Discussion About)captain Of Crush 3# Certification

Josh O'Dell

It looks like my cert is moving to monday..

Thats fine but my shoulder is in a knot

guys i have to heal up.. I need your advice

Men up to your cert what is the best way to

stay your strongest and heal fast? I really cant

lift becuase of my shoulder it almost feels out

of place or like a bruised feeling. Idk any words

of wisdom i want this cert more than my own

Life....

Josh-

I've never certified, but I can tell you that you should keep everything the same as you usually do. Rest is nice, but if you have been doing well with the grippers, it's best to stay on that path. If I take more time off than usual, I feel a little stale.

Keep the groove greased I guess I'm saying. Resting your shoulder will be a good thing... As long as it doesn't hurt your set, you'll be fine.

Don't worry... Remember why you signed up-Because you're ready.

• Like 1

Hey man, just thought i'd share something that might might help. As you know I closed my #2 for the first time 2 days ago, got about 5 closed singles and being that I closed it I beat the shit outa my hands that workout. So yesterday I come home from work and my mom's boyfriend is hear so I decided to tell him about my close and have him try the #2 to see how hard it was. As expected he failed then he asked me to close it, I really didn't expect to be able to because of the workout the day before and me having no chance to warm up. But naturally I really wanted that close to impress him, and I slammed it first try. My point being (and I could be wrong) that any stupid thing that can go wrong (slightly heavier gripper, shoulders acting up, didn't sleep well) will be negated because YOU WANT THAT (bad word filter)ING CLOSE!

Thanks buddy

Hey man, just thought i'd share something that might might help. As you know I closed my #2 for the first time 2 days ago, got about 5 closed singles and being that I closed it I beat the shit outa my hands that workout. So yesterday I come home from work and my mom's boyfriend is hear so I decided to tell him about my close and have him try the #2 to see how hard it was. As expected he failed then he asked me to close it, I really didn't expect to be able to because of the workout the day before and me having no chance to warm up. But naturally I really wanted that close to impress him, and I slammed it first try. My point being (and I could be wrong) that any stupid thing that can go wrong (slightly heavier gripper, shoulders acting up, didn't sleep well) will be negated because YOU WANT THAT (bad word filter)ING CLOSE!

Yea man i no what you mean, i think the hype like when i certed the Red.

Kill that cert Josh!

Thanks David !

Ice, stretch, and massage that shoulder man. Doing some CCS work everyday with the trainer to keep your technique honed

Ice, stretch, and massage that shoulder man. Doing some CCS work everyday with the trainer to keep your technique honed

Thanks bro!

Great advice in this thread all around

I just want to say good luck and kill it :)

Great advice in this thread all around I just want to say good luck and kill it :)

Thanks Stephen

Richard, Yes, 2009 AOBS you were the judge. At one-eighth of an inch off, it was not even close. I was not ready that day, and thought I could get lucky. It doesn't work that way.

Well due to shoulder problems i went and seen

my doc, she xrayed it and it looked fine its just

overuse that caused it. She gave me meds and

i rescheduled my cert for next friday. By the way

i felt fine to make a few closes ccs both my 3's

Twice very easily;) anyhow im done till my cert!

ITS MINE! THEN AFTER THAT I AM GONNA BRING IT

AT THE NATIONALS!!!!

• Like 3

Very big NEWS!!! My 3 cert ref said he is going to try and have his

Inch dumbell there when i cert the 3!!!! It would be my first time

seeing a real inch replica, so maybe i will knock two goals out that

Day=] if not atleast i would no where i stand with the replica..

• Like 1

Hey guys just wanna keep this thread alive, This is a good week

i got the job i wanted at a very good time. And my 3 cert is in two

days! I feel good about this and would like to thank all of you

for your support, i will be totally resting up to cert day except for

one close a day to keep me fresh.

You know you can do this ! How you have practiced ,so shall you compete! Best of strong days!

Thanks!

Me being "the first" and for a bit you will be "the last "CoC . That spans 23 years of a lot of squeezing

• Like 1

Me being "the first" and for a bit you will be "the last "CoC . That spans 23 years of a lot of squeezing

I was 3 when you certed the first 3!
  • Like 1

My second re -certification was when you were 20 in 2007 seventeen years later.......

Thats cool! Its an honor to be in the mist of the first Coc3

My second re -certification was when you were 20 in 2007 seventeen years later.......

I have a feeling the ironmind certification list has room for one more Richard Sorin slot to come ;)

You could use some light bands for high reps to help out that shoulder. The fact that there is little eccentric allows for blood to be pumped with very minimal tissue damage.