In Need Of Help Progression To Red Nail Reverse.

JoshW

To come up in reverse from 60D to a red nail in couple of months, you must be at least Stephen Ruby.

Here are my tips for you:

1) You must become overall heavier and stronger. Benching, squats, deadlifting, heavy pullups, heavy dumbbell hammer curls - that's the point. Gain the weight to at least 175 lbs. 155 is not enough, for sure.

2) Wrist developer and sledge levers (in ALL directions) are priceless for beginning. Toughening the thumb web and wrist joint in much more smooth way than bending does.

But don't focus on it later. Level 12-13 on WD2 or 20-22 lbs in sledge to head won't guarantee you reversing a red nail without working with steel itself.

3) 6" is useless for reverse, working below 6.5" is a feat more of grip strength, than wrist strength. I was easily reversing 5.5" g8 bolts in DHWOG wraps touching, but still gave to red only a wobble.

To reverse 7" stuff - wrist strength has a main role. It also has diffenet bio-kinematics.

4) Work your bending strength untill you can easily reverse FBBC squares (5 in a row on one arm), and write me again. That means you are ready to bring your intensity to another level. Before that - > it will mangle you.

5) Of course NO THICK WRAPS!!! not even 1" suede!! IMPs only, 1 imp or DHWOG 3/4" leathers

Good luck, feel free to ask me any time.

Thanks ivan!! I will get there.

Im buying some square hex 1/4" 6 and 7"

Wrist developer with crom and a orange spring and levering I will add in and ofcoarse a considerable weight gain.

... The one thing I always hated was the Grade 8 bolts - those springy things were nasty - I'd rather do a Red anytime than one of those...

Truth.

• Like 1