2014 Az Cactus Grip Comp

acorn

The Cactus comp is always a fun time. I might have to sit this year out tho. Just too much travelling already lined up for next year. Y'all tear it up tho!

No worries buddy!

Another footnote - Aaron's Saxon bar is 2" x 5" in case anyone was curious.

I have a 2" x 6" section of steel on a loading pin I will be using to simulate assuming that's an event (not exact I know).

Will finger hook be allowed on the 2X5 Saxon Bar?

I will do some arm wrestling, provided nobody just rips and tears on my arm.

• Like 1

Another footnote - Aaron's Saxon bar is 2" x 5" in case anyone was curious.

I have a 2" x 6" section of steel on a loading pin I will be using to simulate assuming that's an event (not exact I know).

Will finger hook be allowed on the 2X5 Saxon Bar?

I will do some arm wrestling, provided nobody just rips and tears on my arm.

Finger hook? You mean wrapping end of your finger over the bottom of the bar? If you can do that on the 2x5 Saxon you would have a good bit of Orangutan in you. Tim whose hands are a good bit bigger than mine was still not even close to the bottom. I just measured mine and mine and my middle finger is still over 1" away from the bottom and I have 8" hands. All that being said, no finger hook not allowed but I would be surprised if it was even possible.

It will be a good test I think though. If you can finger hook this one I will concede that we should move to the 2x6 size for the event in the future.

Usually when the local AW guys come out for comps they are mostly gentle with us. Except for me anyway. They all seem to want to have a go at me.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

Judging on your current wrist and curl strength you should fare pretty damn well Jedd ;)

I was sore in the bicep tendon for a number of weeks just from doing some lock-ups, and I didn't take any big hits either. I'm definitely going to start conditioning myself now that I know a table is showing up. Does anybody know if Isaiah is showing up?

I was sore in the bicep tendon for a number of weeks just from doing some lock-ups, and I didn't take any big hits either. I'm definitely going to start conditioning myself now that I know a table is showing up. Does anybody know if Isaiah is showing up?

I should prolly start conditioning now too. Last time I practiced with Bill a few months ago I was toying with him due to much stronger wrist than his as well as watching a few youtube vids to get some basic technique ideas. I haven't trained in months now though.

Haven't heard anything from Isaiah in ages. No idea.

- Aaron

I have his cell number if you guys want to check in with him. he wanted to come last time but got stuck working.

I have his cell number if you guys want to check in with him. he wanted to come last time but got stuck working.

Can you text him and have him check the board on this?

Thx,

Aaron

Tried the Euro 2HP and Grippers today. First time doing pinch since March comp and haven't really trained grippers much since the new baby came in July although have been doing some timed holds the last week on the Vulcan every other day to ease back in.

Managed to get 100kg about an inch shy of lockout on pinch and grippers in the high 160's range. Couldn't quite close the 173 Elite. This might be an interesting test on what I could get to with minimal weekly training for 4 months to the comp.

- Aaron

• Like 1

Strength comes back fast Aaron you'll do ok.

House full of kids I know what that's all about

Wait till they all got sports 4 nights a week !

Aaron,

Thanks for answering my question. I was just joking, but I think I might be close to reaching the bottom. Unfortunately, I forgot I am scheduled for a seminar that weekend. I should have taken a glance at my calendar before saying anything. Sounds like it is going to be an awesome contest with a great group, so best of luck to you and all. Also glad to hear you have retained so much strength despite being so busy brother.

Jedd

Aaron,

Thanks for answering my question. I was just joking, but I think I might be close to reaching the bottom. Unfortunately, I forgot I am scheduled for a seminar that weekend. I should have taken a glance at my calendar before saying anything. Sounds like it is going to be an awesome contest with a great group, so best of luck to you and all. Also glad to hear you have retained so much strength despite being so busy brother.

Jedd

Bummer, of course you are always welcome to stay with us if you can make it out this way.

Thx,

- Aaron

Aaron,

Jedd

Oh man Jedd! You're such a tease!!! :grin:

If you do stop out to town sometime to see your sister, certainly give us a holler.

I will definitely be out there some time, as my sister is still moving out there. I will keep in touch.

Dude, I think it is Tuscon, but I will confirm. She is going to be living on some Air Force base out there with her husband.

Edit: It has been confirmed that the city is Tuscon, brotherrrrr.

Dude, I think it is Tuscon, but I will confirm. She is going to be living on some Air Force base out there with her husband.

Edit: It has been confirmed that the city is Tuscon, brotherrrrr.

Awesome, Zach lives really close to the Base and I'm maybe 15min away. If they need anything please give them my contact info.

Thanks,

Aaron

Now it gets complicated; they just announced the Alberta Provincials for arm wrestling is to be on the 15th. They were going to have it in February..... Much thinking.

I have no intention to stir up controversy, but if the date was different could both Jason and Jedd make it down?

I'm not married to the date and willing to discuss if there is one that would work better for more people wanting to compete.

February is tough because we have a big gem and mineral show going on and there are almost no rooms available. Had that happen in the past.

April-May is fine too but I'll be hiking around with a 3 gallon feed bag full of ice cream lol

• Like 1