Misc. Mayhem

bwwm

As Aaron can attest to, I have all sorts of stuff in my garage that could serve the purpose :sorcerer: , it's just been laziness that holds me back.

• Like 1

Today:

Pull Ups: BW: 5 BW+57#; 5, 5, 4, 4

Also messed around lifting my Gracie bell & doing negatives with it.

• Like 1

Today:

The Mormon missionaries stopped by again today. It was a different pair than last time. Since the last pair didn't do so hot, I decided to let these guys have a go at bending some steel. Unfortunately, their wrist strength wasn't too good, so they could only bend the easiest stock I had (1/4" HRS, round). But they had fun trying the harder stuff, and I have to give them kudos for effort. They were interesting in bulking up, so I told them to try the 20 rep squat program. They didn't seem to believe me on that one, but I told them to google it. Then I had them take a go at the Atlas stones, and they actually managed to lap the 140# & 170# stones, which was great. The last guys couldn't break the 140# from the ground. I also got them to try sledge levers, as they were disappointed they couldn't bend much and they wanted to know how to work their wrist strength. I reversed some 60d's for them, lifted my Gracie DB, and showed them proper techniques on things before they attempted.

After they left:

DL: 435# 2 x 5, conventional, axle

Ab Wheel work.

• Like 3

That's a great story, they were pretty open minded about it . They will be back for more!

That's a great story, they were pretty open minded about it . They will be back for more!

This is the 2nd time I roped them into joining me in a workout. They are just young guys (I'm guessing 19 or 20?). You show them something and challenge them to it, they eat it right up. I'm not going to signup as a Mormon, but these guys get doors slammed in their face, and shunned all day, and they are happy that I will talk to them and show them something they have never seen before.

• Like 1

Today:

Swiss Bar OHP: 185#, wide grip, 5 x 3

Grippers: Worked up to 5 x 7 with my SM Adjustable. Going for 8 next time.

KBSwings: 53#; 36:36; 20 rep/int; 10 intervals

DBWork: 55# tris/bis 4 x 5; press 4 x 10

Later tonight, I plan on hitting some KB Rows & grip stuff...

• Like 1

Today:

Bench: 135# x 10; 225# x 5; 295# 5 x 3 < felt really good, compared to many months ago when I first hit this. We'll see how my shoulder feels in 2 days ;-)

Squat: 135# x 10; 225# x 5; 285# 3 x 5

• Like 2

Today (as best as I can remember):

KB Swings: 53#; 36:36; 20 reps/int; 10 intervals

Pull Ups: Bodyweight: 5, 13, 12, 10

Tooday (sorry no vids, but hopefully next wed...):

DB OHP: 83# 9? x 7 (kind of lost track of the # of sets, so it may have been 8 or 10)

2HP: 119# x 10; 179# 5 x 4

Today:

KBRows: 133# 4 x 12

DB Work: 40# tri/bi/press x 10; 55# tri/bi 4 x 5; press 4 x 10

Today:

Bench: 135# x 10; 225# x 5; 295# 5 x 4 < was pleasantly surprised by this

Squat: 135# x 10; 225# x 5; 285# 3 x 5 < think I need to consider knee wraps

The Tommy Kono sleeves are nice. I use the 2m Valeo redline wraps loose for training as well.

• Like 1

The Tommy Kono sleeves are nice. I use the 2m Valeo redline wraps loose for training as well.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look those up. Yeah, I'm thinking I might use them on the last weight in a workout, just to help make sure things are straight and secure. I think back in the day the leg extension machine must have did some damage or something.

Edited by bwwm

Today:

DBPress: 83# 10 x 7 < time to start condensing these down to 7 x 10

2HP: 119# x 10; 179# 4, 4, 5, 4, 5 < had a hard time with the surface with the weather, etc. I think I need to clean & let it re-season. Still, not a bad session.

What are your ideas for cleaning?

• Like 1

Oh, I'm just going to do a quick rinse with some water to get the chalk build up & dirt off. Then a spritz with some saline solution to sharpen the seasoning. Daniel Reinard is a big fan of the saline solution for seasoning. Aaron likes to do a straight water spray to revitalize the chalk, but I think I may have some build up.

• Like 1

Oh, I'm just going to do a quick rinse with some water to get the chalk build up & dirt off. Then a spritz with some saline solution to sharpen the seasoning. Daniel Reinard is a big fan of the saline solution for seasoning. Aaron likes to do a straight water spray to revitalize the chalk, but I think I may have some build up.

I found with mine that doing reps on it ruins the seasoning quicker than just about anything. The more reps per set the quicker it is destroyed. Since I figured that out I stopped using the good area for reps and save that for the singles. That way I don't care so much if the the chalk buildup gets crummy from the reps. Just a tip.

• Like 1

I found with mine that doing reps on it ruins the seasoning quicker than just about anything. The more reps per set the quicker it is destroyed. Since I figured that out I stopped using the good area for reps and save that for the singles. That way I don't care so much if the the chalk buildup gets crummy from the reps. Just a tip.

Thanks for the insight Aaron!

Today:

A quick one due to work:

DB work:

warm-up 40# dbs - tris/bis/press

55# dbs - 4 sets of: bis/tris x 6, press x 10

Edited by bwwm

Today:

Swiss Bar OHP: 185# 5 x 4 < just repeating last weeks vol

Gripper Feat: Did some BB SM TNS attempts & video'd for Gripboard list. Righty didn't close, but Lefty was pretty solid, I think.

Grippers: worked up to SM Adjustable, 20mm R: 5 x 8; L: 8 6 10 6 9; < had some issues with setting lefty today.

Unstable Bench: 135# & 2 x 45's hanging off the bar with bands; 4 x 5

KBRows: 153# 5 x 6 < felt good

50# Blob: Got some really good (5 sec?) lifts with Left hand, a few with Right hand. About 8 attempts for both hands.

50# Hex Blob: Got a hop with left hand, and some drags in with both hands

Timed Holds: 50# blob: 2 x 60sec (this were brutal) 50# Hex Blob: 26 sec. < big PR on 50# blob

• Like 1

Correction - those are two hand blob holds for time. :)

Today: (start of deload week)

Bunch of Indian club work

Dumbbell work: 40# x 10; tri/bi/press; 55# 3 x 7; tri/bi; 3 x 10; press

Today:

Dumbbell work: 40# x 10; tri/bi/press; 55# 3 x 8; tri/bi; 3 x 10; press; 40# x 10; tri/bi/press;

PU: BW 5, 12 < cut short thanks to work :-/

Shrugs: 225# x 20

Last day of the deload week. Was messing around with my blobs. I actually got some good air on my hex 50# blob, in spite of really weird humidity conditions due to the monsoon rolling through. Today was the first day I have been able to lift that thing. This AM, I also re-shot my TNS attempt at my BB SM (both hands), and also shot my TNS attempts on a CoC #2.5. Those will be going into the polling for gripboard feats over the next few weeks.

• Like 1

Bench: 135# x 10; 225# x 5; 295# 5, 5, 3, 4, 4 < felt a little wobbly on the 3rd set for some reason (probably too much db chest work last week).

Squat: 135# x 10; 225# x 5; 285# 2 x 5

• Like 1