Dimensions For Ironmind Stacker/tetting Brick

Anthony C.

I'm interested in making one of these myself out of wood and was wondering if someone who owns one or has made one would be so kind to tell me the measurements? Length/width/thickness? It's a pretty cool gadget, shame they stopped making them.

Edited by Anthony C.

its fairly simple. i made one out of a regular piece of 2x4. its 8" long, and i put a piece of hollow pipe in at 6". i cant remember the name of the drill bit i used to make the hole in the wood for the pipe to sit. ill try to find out. its hard to describe so ill try and google it.

EDIT: i used a 'counter sink drill bit'. it looks like this: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iASYiFQGi14/TrYTBN5lrmI/AAAAAAAAAZ0/lRa120lsE5w/s1600/drill_bits_countersink.jpg

i drilled mine so it could hold standard plates. if you want yours to hold olympic plates just cut the length of of the 2x4 around 9" so youve got more to work with. obviously youd need a bigger drill bit if its to hold a bigger pipe for the oly plates. another thing to think about, whatever diameter pipe you go with, use a slightly smaller drill bit so that when you put the pipe in it sits snug in the wood. i used a hammer to tap mine in and it hasnt moved.

hope this helps.

Edited by alexjones234
  • Like 1

Thanks man! That is just what I was looking for. I already have the pipe I'll use and the drill bit, but I needed to know what measurements and that's perfect. Thanks again!

no problem buddy. this is a great little tool. i prefer to do curls with it, but you can also just pick it up off a table and hold it horizontal for time. if your gonna curl it, start with about 5kgs and rep it till near failure. youll get an awesome pump in your wrists like youve never had before, especially if its your first time trying this type of thing.

hope it works out well for you!

Great advice...I plan to use it for both holds and curls, and also to continue doing plate curls too. Thanks for the advice, man.

no problem. im still VERY much a novice and ive only just got back into my grip training because i had a lot of stuff going on in my personal life..

but im aware of how good these two exercises are and there doesnt seem to be a whole lot of mention about them so i just thought id throw them out there.

• Like 1

you could use a 1" wooden dowel and a ship auger bit. wood glue is fine. the shear load is not really stressing the glue if the hole is tight and the load when horizontal is just on the block of wood. it also depends on how much weight you want to use.

• Like 1

you could use a 1" wooden dowel and a ship auger bit. wood glue is fine. the shear load is not really stressing the glue if the hole is tight and the load when horizontal is just on the block of wood. it also depends on how much weight you want to use.

Thanks bro, I made one the other day and it came out great!