Anyone Rgc In The Uk?

Sam Radford

Does anyone know of someone who can RGC my grippers based in the UK? I have around 11 grippers that are not RGC and would be interested to know their ratings.

only person I can think of is david horne but I dont think he does RGC but if you know a welder or have access to one you could make one yourself? Or find some way of hanging weight off the handles..want mine done too to be honest!

Edited by JoshW

only person I can think of is david horne but I dont think he does RGC but if you know a welder or have access to one you could make one yourself? Or find some way of hanging weight off the handles..want mine done too to be honest!

I was thinking of David too but unsure if he still does it . . . I can get various steel from work and get them to weld it together. I can use it at my parents house as they have alot of free weights in their garage but need to sort out a loading pin too for it. Just curious what strength grippers I have and even compare my WT RGC rated ones by Cannon so know how to set them up etc...

Make an account in David hornes forum and post this question on there and see if you get a response as its mainly british guys on there

Fairly sure DH doesn't. I am considering sending mine to CPW (I have 20ish)

have you had a quote for this? is it $5 per gripper to rate them, plus 2 lots of international postage.......... each gripper is about 250g, so for your 20 thats likely to cost £50 to send 5kg internationally, possibly more if you insure for their full value as you wouldn't want them going missing! so £100 postage, plus $100 for rating is £166 ish

it adds up. me and my friend are going to make a jig and rate all our grippers.

There is not anyone. Horne, if I recall, has never been very interested in ratings.

• Like 2

There is not anyone. Horne, if I recall, has never been very interested in ratings.

I emailed David last week and can confirm he doesn't RGC or know anyone in the UK who does. Like you said Matt, he doesn't seem interested in the ratings so it would be pointless him offering that service.

have you had a quote for this? is it $5 per gripper to rate them, plus 2 lots of international postage.......... each gripper is about 250g, so for your 20 thats likely to cost £50 to send 5kg internationally, possibly more if you insure for their full value as you wouldn't want them going missing! so £100 postage, plus $100 for rating is £166 ish

it adds up. me and my friend are going to make a jig and rate all our grippers.

If I wanted to rate 5 grippers it will cost me around £70 all in all, its a bit too steep for me, but I might eventually as I'd really like to know the rating of some of my grippers (the PDA and the RBs)

• 2 weeks later...

I think I can get up to 2kg (7grippers plus the packing?) sent for around £20 so I'm tempted...

Seems like it would be cheaper to find someone with a welder that would be will to make you one.

Don't know if shipping inside Europe is cheaper then to the US.

Does Matti Heiskanen still rgc grippers http://www.gripmonsters.fi/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1384101790&archive&start_from&ucat?

I have a rgc device and am from the Netherlands. Maybe I can be of help to you.

Seems like it would be cheaper to find someone with a welder that would be will to make you one.

+ much

• 4 weeks later...

Hoping to have something setup by end of the month and with my x3 WT grippers rated by Cannon will see how they compare

• Like 1

Hoping to have something setup by end of the month and with my x3 WT grippers rated by Cannon will see how they compare

Got someone to make you an RGC device?

Yeah dude!! Got it at home now but need a crane scale and gonna go for a hand winch setup rather than a ratchet I think? Worth a go?!?

Hopefully get the last 2 pieces in next few weeks

Yeah dude!! Got it at home now but need a crane scale and gonna go for a hand winch setup rather than a ratchet I think? Worth a go?!?

Yeah man, I'm already on design #3 for my setup that uses a wormdrive trailer winch that will also be able to work for steel.

Wow great engineering! Think an electric winch would be a great concept

I think it would be too fast and you wouldn't be able to control it towards the close.

I think it would be too fast and you wouldn't be able to control it towards the close.

Yeah fair one! Suppose when I get the setup I'll know best how to improve it. Good luck with yours

Yeah man, I'm already on design #3 for my setup that uses a wormdrive trailer winch that will also be able to work for steel.

I had this idea as well. It's slow and cumbersome. We rated so many grippers we needed a different solution.

A nice lever should be plenty. I've done up into the high BBPro level on mine with just a lever. Here is an old video but hopefully it can give you some ideas.

• Like 3

I had this idea as well. It's slow and cumbersome. We rated so many grippers we needed a different solution.

Matt what is your current set-up to rate grippers? can't imagine what amount you have to go through on a weekly basis . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get my RGC system setup to rate my own grippers using a crane scale and hand winch and works really good and better than using weights!! Just seem to be higher by a few #'s compared to CPW for the WT grippers. I'm using a 1" strap and ensure the handles don't touch the vertical supports and pre oil the gripper before calibrating. Here are my results below;

029 IM Guide

058 IM Trainer

079 IM #1

088 IM #1.5

105 IM #2

129 IM #2.5

130 IM #2.5

132 WT SM (CPW Rated 130)

147 IM #3 (MM0 Cert Gripper)

152 WT GM (CPW Rated 149)

156 IM #3

175 WT E (CPW Rated 170)

182 IM #3.5

I'll upload some photo's of the RGC over the weekend and happy to help those in the UK

• Like 1

Realised my figures didn't remove the weight of all the gubbings (scale, carabiners, strap etc...) so updated list below and figures updated in the RGC thread

027 Ironmind #Guide

056 Ironmind #Trainer

077 Ironmind #1

086 Ironmind #1.5

103 Ironmind #2

117 Atomgripz 3 Ring Knurl

121 Heavy Grips HG200

127 Ironmind #2.5

128 Ironmind #2.5

130 Warren Tetting Super Master

145 Ironmind #3

150 Warren Tetting Grand Master