2015 International King Kong Grip Challenge - October 24Th

Eric Roussin

I'm going to get a pre order page up for this years T-shirts soon. We will have both men's and womens cuts. Colors will be grey and a blue.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everybody.

I was getting ready to shoot some videos for my site, TGA, on proper execution of the events at King Kong, and I realized I wasn't sure of the proper execution of the Shallow Hub.

I thought there was a video, but I couldn't find it.

Specifically, I wasn't sure on the hooked thumb rule, so I sent a note to David Horne to get the clarification.

I knew that only the fingertips, defined as the distal phalanges, were emphasized, but wanted to make sure about the thumb. This is what David sent me, and he asked me to post it here in case there were any questions.

"The thumb, and index and middle finger can only grasp the Shallow Hub by the end phalange. If you bend your thumb, then no other part of the phalange above can touch. You will probably find that a part of the medial phalange will touch if you do bend your thumb."

I checked with Andrew and he said it would be OK to post this here.

My take is that you can curl the thumb, but you're still only supposed to contact the hub's surface with the distal phalanx. I take that to mean contact above the knuckle is disallowed, and that's what I will be passing on to the members of TGA.

Hope this helps your preparation and can reduce confusion. Take care.

• Like 2

Have locations been added for Diablo Rock and the Carolina area?

To my knowledge the Carolina are is not having a venue this year and the details for California are still getting worked out.

Man; thank you for that clarification Jedd, ive been really confused on this.

No problem.

Its a maybe for me. May see me for the new york venue. Also, might weight cut

• Like 1

New Location added.

Aldo Alberico- Italy.

• Like 2

New Location Added.

Ivan Beritashvili - Moscow, Russia

This will truly be an international event!

• Like 1

Any news on the California venue? I would like to go. This will be my first comp ever. I live in Central California next to Yosemite National Park, but go north and south regularly. Los Angeles and San Francisco are close to the same distance

• Like 2

Yes, there will be a California venue. I suggest getting in touch with Evan Raftopoulos for address details.