Some Tettings

Cannon

I talked to Warren last weekend and he hinted that was going to try and make 25 grippers if the weather here was warm. Well it was 40-60s last week which is a heatwave in Minnesota. We just found out that he did, in fact, make them. (then was also talking about selling equipment and moving to Florida.)

All we know is that we're paying through the nose for them and we're getting 25. No idea of the strengths, but if they arrive we'll get them up in the store.

Watch Facebook too because we'll announce there and you'll get notified.

• Like 5

Everything about this sounds great except for the Florida part.

Edit: Also do you plan on pre-rating them?

Edited by Jared Goguen

Conventional grippers? Extended handles? CPW hybrids?

Talked Warren again yesterday. It's going to be:

5 x SA

5 x M

5 x SM

5 x GM

5 x E

Standard grippers.

Those elites are going to fly

Phew, just got me an E as well. Also just sent my M and SM to CPW for rating. Maybe they'll all travel home together.

Is that a price bump for these last 20 Tettings?

Higher demand, higher price. Makes sense to me.

• Like 1

I just bought a GM and an E.

Phew, I have really been upgrading my gripper situation: on Monday I bought the error stamped MM1/MM2, and a GHP 6, and Tuesday I sent my COC 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3,5, and 4 to Matt to be rated. So I guess I will have some new toys, and a new take on some old ones :)

• Like 1

Yes, as above we're paying through the nose for them. Warren's wholesale price to us exceeds our old retail price to the public! It's not easy for Warren to get out to the shop and make these. He was able to do 5 a day M-F and that's how we got 25. It literally took him a week to make them.

• Like 2

I would like to publicly apologize to Matt.

Yesterday morning, when i read radders112 post that the extra stock of Tettings was on the Powerworks site, I did not hesitate to order one of the E's.

It was just past 8am and i was at work so i did something for the first time ever and i used my phone to place an internet order.

It was only a few hours later that i noticed the new price, and i will admit i was thinking that the only reason for the new price was, just as Anthony C. stated -- "Higher demand, higher price."

I honestly just felt a little taken back at the time, which is why i posted that leading question. I have had great service from Cannon Powerworks over the past few years, and if i had been on my computer and not my phone i would have probably noticed the price difference before i placed the order...

I also did not catch the original statement by Matt, which clearly said "All we know is that we're paying through the nose for them".

I was still happy to be able to order an Elite.

anyway,

Later that same day, I was able to call my grandmother and wish her a happy birthday. She turned 94!

I remember 15 years ago filming my grandmother cooking a traditional Slavenian desert bread called Poticia. It is a rolled nut bread and it is very work intensive. In her youth, she would have only had it twice a year.

Anyway, it took me about two years to finally edit that video of her cooking, and when my grandmother finally saw it, [around 80 years old, close to Warren's current age if i am correct] I remember her telling me how she already wished she had the youth and vigor of just two years prior as she watch herself cooking on the TV set.

The point I am trying to get to is; at Warrens age, just the fact that he is able to still make these grippers is impressive.

If it costs a few more dollars to keep him at it, and as long as he still enjoys it [and it is not killing him], I should be very thankful to be able to still by an authentic and american made product!

Thank you Warren and Matt.

Sorry for doubting the origin in your price change.

Keep up the great work, and thank you again,

rich

• Like 1

Yes, as above we're paying through the nose for them. Warren's wholesale price to us exceeds our old retail price to the public! It's not easy for Warren to get out to the shop and make these. He was able to do 5 a day M-F and that's how we got 25. It literally took him a week to make them.

Like the fact that these grippers have a unique story behind them - makes me glad I made the right decision and bought what I could! Does he have any more plans of doing this again or is that it??

rich

Rich, this was entirely unnecessary! We took no offense and it was a good question. We were concerned about an impression of "gouging" for them but wanted you guys to know we're paying A LOT more for them too. :)

Yesterday morning, when i read radders112 post that the extra stock of Tettings was on the Powerworks site, I did not hesitate to order one of the E's.

It was just past 8am and i was at work so i did something for the first time ever and i used my phone to place an internet order.

It was only a few hours later that i noticed the new price, and i will admit i was thinking that the only reason for the new price was, just as Anthony C. stated -- "Higher demand, higher price."

I honestly just felt a little taken back at the time, which is why i posted that leading question. I have had great service from Cannon Powerworks over the past few years, and if i had been on my computer and not my phone i would have probably noticed the price difference before i placed the order...

I also did not catch the original statement by Matt, which clearly said "All we know is that we're paying through the nose for them".

I was still happy to be able to order an Elite.

anyway,

Later that same day, I was able to call my grandmother and wish her a happy birthday. She turned 94!

I remember 15 years ago filming my grandmother cooking a traditional Slavenian desert bread called Poticia. It is a rolled nut bread and it is very work intensive. In her youth, she would have only had it twice a year.

Anyway, it took me about two years to finally edit that video of her cooking, and when my grandmother finally saw it, [around 80 years old, close to Warren's current age if i am correct] I remember her telling me how she already wished she had the youth and vigor of just two years prior as she watch herself cooking on the TV set.

The point I am trying to get to is; at Warrens age, just the fact that he is able to still make these grippers is impressive.

If it costs a few more dollars to keep him at it, and as long as he still enjoys it [and it is not killing him], I should be very thankful to be able to still by an authentic and american made product!

rich

rich

Rich, this was entirely unnecessary! We took no offense and it was a good question. We were concerned about an impression of "gouging" for them but wanted you guys to know we're paying A LOT more for them too. :)

Quite frankly even if you did increase the price a little bit because of supply and demand, it would be completely justified. You're running a business and that's what economics is all about. When there are five hundred grippers, you can sell them for just a dollar profit. When there are 20 grippers, price has to increase. You can't pay your mortgage with love and good intentions.

• Like 2

Can't wait for mine to arrive!!

Would be interested to know the ratings (if the buyers wanted them rated) to see if there is any major difference due to these being an exclusive and maybe different stock used?

When mine arrive i'll post my ratings on here . . . likewise if other owners of these exclusive grippers would do the same? Just curious . . .

• Like 1

This is still Warren's same stock. He had odds and ends laying around and has said he will not reorder, but did not specially order anything to make this round.

• Like 1

My Limited Edition Elite came in at 170. Should be fun when I can close that in 2 years!

• Like 2

My Limited Edition Elite came in at 170. Should be fun when I can close that in 2 years!

Guys what do you mean by this? These are just regular old Tettings. Nothing unique except Warren decided to make them after he told us he was not going to fulifll orders any longer. I just want to make sure that's clear.

• Like 1

I saw that someone requested to post the rating, so I just posted it.

Personally, I just feel very lucky that I was able to snag one of the final runs of product, so it's Limited Edition to me. No misunderstanding here!

• Like 1

My Elite came to 171, my M1/M2 replica came to 151, and my Grand Master came to 148, and my GHP 6 came to 124.

Incidentally, I managed to set and close my Grand Master with my right hand and almost did it with my left. I got a positive response from Matt through email, so I sort of feel obligated to try to get that on film. I am going to wait until my hand feels up to it and then try to catch myself in the act (I totally had to rub the connective tissue down to deal with some unexpected aftershock from the ONE close I did). The hardest legit close I have done to this point is my 2.5 I just sent to Matt.

What's hilarious about this is that right now (though I have cheat closed it in the past), I can't even move the COC #3 I just sent to Matt. It must be a Monster. . .

My Elite came to 171, my M1/M2 replica came to 151, and my Grand Master came to 148, and my GHP 6 came to 124.

Incidentally, I managed to set and close my Grand Master with my right hand and almost did it with my left. I got a positive response from Matt through email, so I sort of feel obligated to try to get that on film. I am going to wait until my hand feels up to it and then try to catch myself in the act (I totally had to rub the connective tissue down to deal with some unexpected aftershock from the ONE close I did). The hardest legit close I have done to this point is my 2.5 I just sent to Matt.

What's hilarious about this is that right now (though I have cheat closed it in the past), I can't even move the COC #3 I just sent to Matt. It must be a Monster. . .

Congrats on closing your GM! Your GHP6 came in very low. I had thought GHP's were the most consistent.

How many reps were you getting with the 2.5 prior to closing your GM?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, My BBSM came in @ 129 and my pre-rated Elite Hybrid came in @ 170

Edited by zalcrux