Pipeline Grip Game

Frank Pizzo

So the kids had the day off from school and my wife and I decided to take them up to Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum in Farmington Hills Michigan. Some of you may have seen the place on an episode of "Modern Marvels" dedicated to Coin-Op machines. The place is awesome and I recommend it to anyone who lives in the Metro Detroit area. Anyways they had a Pipeline Grip machine, and of course I gave it a go (along with the whole family). Its basically a hand dynomometer with a cartoon display. I pulled 132 with my right hand which is amazingly close to my best rated gripper close of 134. Is this a coincidence, or do hand dyno results typically line up with RGC ratings on a TSG. It seems like they would be different, but if anyone has more knowledge about this I figured someone on here would.

• Like 1

I don't think they usually line up, but maybe I'm wrong. I've always wanted to buy one of those games though.

6 months ago I squeezed 180lbs on a dyno at my fysio, but I haven't been able to close my 150 #3 yet.

So in my experience they don't line up at all. Or I'm just historically bad at grippers... Or both.

6 months ago I squeezed 180lbs on a dyno at my fysio, but I haven't been able to close my 150 #3 yet.

So in my experience they don't line up at all. Or I'm just historically bad at grippers... Or both.

180 sounds huge. I've heard that if you jerk the handles of a dyno together they read way high...there might be a chance that's whats happening...but I'm far from an expert.

I don't think they usually line up, but maybe I'm wrong. I've always wanted to buy one of those games though.

It would be awesome to own something like that..shoot an old pinball machine would be pretty great too.

I know when I tried a grip dynamometer a few years ago I got 55kg and at that time I had just closed my 55kg rated goal gripper. Right about now I could probably pull about 65kg maybe but depending on the accuracy of the device it should match up!