Curl War 3: The Peoples' Dietitian Vs. The Diesel Crew

jad

I'm with you Arturo. The curls wasn't strict enough for this challenge.

Jedd is strong!

jad: would bigdaddy's form pass your judgement? It doesn't pass mine. I wonder if it passes Rob's.

If I watcht he video focusing on his shoulder, it moves around a LOT during that curl, it moves up, backwards, then down. Unlike the strict curls that Rob, you and Jedd are seen doing, he doesn't even slow down when his forearm is horizontal. All you three guys were slow/struggling when the forearm was horizontal. His DB went right up above that and he seem to have only fought the last 30-35 degrees or so. Clear sign of a bit of momemtum gained from body movement in my opinion. Thoughts???

It was not strict enough IMO but as I told him; Rob can have the final say since it's his challenge. I'm posting every video sent so just because I post it doesn't mean I think it passes. I've pm'd Rob on the NE Board and hopefully he'll swing by and yeah or nay the current entries

I'd like to weigh the 55kg bell. The form wasn't even close to being strict but that guy must have the strongest wrists in the world because when he lets it drop back down the back swing doesn't even move his wrist.

Why even post these up if they aren't strict? Kashtan is moving a ton of weight but they aren't strict.

IndredibleHulkRoberts' first rep left may be the most strict rep I have seen.

His first rep left handed with 79 pounds was pretty much perfect in my opinion,

I'd agree; that was an awesome curl

Kashtan is that you doing the "seated hammer curls"? If so, whoever that was is obviously a VERY strong man and mad props to him. But those "curls" are closer to cleans.... why even post them in this thread man? :)

IncredibleHulkRobert's left hand first rep was awesome!

The second Kashtan video, the man in the Yellow shirt, doesn't do strict curls at all. Once the DB reaches halfway point he lowers his shoulder a LOT. Now I'm developing a good eye for this stuff =P

I'm gonna submit a video this week just for fun but I feel a bit pathetic to you guys nearing on 80#, wow.

Agreed, I turned dont strict.

Man in yellow shirt - I. I used these DB here. 2 inch size.

http://ironmind-stor...oductinfo/1249/

My first video - Andrew Smolnikov he President UDFPF. twice world champion in powerlifting, he owns fiveworld records with unusual nominations kettlebells sport, he never used illegal steroids, do not take sports nutrition, and vegetarian.

Edited by Kashtan
  • Like 1

You are both obviously strong fellows, I was particulary impressed with the first guy, but you're strona as an ox as well Kashtan. But the point of the "curl war" is to see a legit strict curl, pure bicep, no momentum. A true max strict curl will look rather slow and controlled, no part of the ROM is gonna be explosive or fast, and you should get through the sticking point by using elbow flexion, and not by dropping the shoulder as we ALL tend to do when the dumbbell stops moving upwards. :-)

Ok i'm not gonna win the award for most strict form. I tilted back just a little bit. I did this right before I left for the gym with no warm up. None of my friends could make it to the gym today so I didn't want to bring the camera with. Next vid will be better.

Another great curl vid! The Peoples' Dietitian will be producing a sic WWE style video next week when he attempts 80!

Josh, let me guess? Monster cheat curl with so much speed you smash your forehead and produce a razor blade slice? If so, the key is to make sure you are sweating very profusely and then when it starts running, squeeze your whole body like you are taking a #2 so it runs down through the sweat, making it seem more plentiful.

Please do this.

Josh, let me guess? Monster cheat curl with so much speed you smash your forehead and produce a razor blade slice? If so, the key is to make sure you are sweating very profusely and then when it starts running, squeeze your whole body like you are taking a #2 so it runs down through the sweat, making it seem more plentiful.

Please do this.

The Peoples' Dietitian doesn't have time to bleed

Ahh I got it. You're going to show us your Jesse ''The Body'' Ventura impression?? :)

Please do this.

What the heck are you smoking?

Ahh I got it. You're going to show us your Jesse ''The Body'' Ventura impression?? :)

Uh, Jesse The Body was doing a Josh Dale impression

Can the people's dietitian drop the people's elbow?

The Peoples Dietitian used to be known for the people's elbow during pile-ups in HS football. However, the Peoples' Dietitian has never been able to execute the People's Eyebrow

Please do this.

What the heck are you smoking?

VHS baby.