First Try On The 2hp...230lbs

Tom Scibelli

Dave Labbe stopped by the gym today and put his hands on a 2hp device for the first time. Have to mention that this was not an optimal wide for him, I did not have enough disc cut out to take advantage of his wide grip power, so I think he would've been good for at least another 20lb if we could have went wider. He did break 250lbs off the ground, but didn't lock it out.

• Like 2

Any bets on when 300lbs goes down? Or rather up?

• Like 1

Holy bajeezers! First off, that looked to be at least 2.5"... Secondly, isn't that impossible for a first time effort! Got any stats and history you can share about Dave?

Just did a google search. Little wee fella: 6'7", 300 pounds.

• Like 1

If I remember Phil Phister trained with Jedd one time and did 230# also - do I have that correct Jedd? So Dave doing it isn't such a huge surprise - he has been killing some of our more standard grip feats here lately as well. 300# professional strength athletes are strong - really strong - can't say that's much of a surprise.

A picture of Dave with Kody would show just how impressive Kody's WR lift is.

Edited by climber511
  • Like 1

Wow..you and david horne would make quite a good team training on pinch!

Also why does no one hand this man a coc#4 and a credit card? :huh:

Also why does no one hand this man a coc#4 and a credit card?

Ha! That's what I was thinking...He really is a grip mutant. Does anyone know if he has done any gripper closes?

I couldn't remember, so i looked it up: http://www.dieselcrew.com/everything-happens-for-a-reason

"Two Hands Pinch: Phil gets roughly 230lbs on it, which puts him near the top 10 in the world first time touching it. I’m fairly certain with an additional 10-mil insert in there he could add another 20lbs if not more. I have two cut up thumbs, but was able to get 243 roughly 6 inches off the floor and controlled it on the way down."

Two Hands Pinch: Phil gets roughly 230lbs on it, which puts him near the top 10 in the world first time touching it. I’m fairly certain with an additional 10-mil insert in there he could add another 20lbs if not more. I have two cut up thumbs, but was able to get 243 roughly 6 inches off the floor and controlled it on the way down. - See more at: http://www.dieselcrew.com/everything-happens-for-a-reason#sthash.EWvUlHjj.dpuf

Incredible, I wonder what burke could pull on the euro as well. He demolished the pinch events this year at might mitts and seems to be getting stronger every year in both grip and strongman.