Race To Bw X 2.5 Deadlift

bubba29

There have been plenty of "Race to" threads on this board. Most dedicated to grip and bending. I participated in a few and they were great. Is anyone interested in a deadlift "Race"? I know many on here weight train pretty seriously.

I now weigh about 185. I figure I am about 30 to 40#s away from this 2.5 x BW goal. My body weight is slowly creeping up so this is gonna be a bit of a moving target. As of now, I am shooting for 465.

Great thread idea. I think there's a lot to be said about total body strength as a limiting factor in grip. I'm working quite a bit myself to get stronger in the core lifts. Ill jump in this race too....

Current deadlift max: 395 @ 195 BW

Great thread idea. I think there's a lot to be said about total body strength as a limiting factor in grip. I'm working quite a bit myself to get stronger in the core lifts. Ill jump in this race too....

great to have you. are you also gaining weight as you work to increase your overall strength?

In. I train on axle usually, but get to use an Oly bar from time to time.

BW: 128

PR: 275 DO

Goal: 325 DO

great to have you. are you also gaining weight as you work to increase your overall strength?

Trying to stay under 200 but gain strength... If its possible

I'm in. That's my next goal on the way to 300 KG. Bodyweight around 250 right now, so the goal is 625. I have pulled 600 raw and 615 in a squat suit (about 2 months ago), but weighed about 20 lbs more than I do right now. Just recently started back after a couple months off due to a nasty quad tear. My max right now is probably only around 565-575. If I can get to 625 at this bodyweight, when I go on my next bulking phase, I should be good for 660-700 (700 being the ultimate goal).

you do 2.5 x BW DO on an axle and you will be crowned king of this thread. have you tried 2.5 x BW on a barbell with mixed grip?

I'm in. That's my next goal on the way to 300 KG. Bodyweight around 250 right now, so the goal is 625. I have pulled 600 raw and 615 in a squat suit (about 2 months ago), but weighed about 20 lbs more than I do right now. Just recently started back after a couple months off due to a nasty quad tear. My max right now is probably only around 565-575. If I can get to 625 at this bodyweight, when I go on my next bulking phase, I should be good for 660-700 (700 being the ultimate goal).

glad to have you....please share your wisdom. getting up to 600 regardless of BW takes a lot of time under tension.

• Like 1

Not much wisdom. Lol. I got there by pulling heavy singles and doubles. Just trying to set a pr every sessission. About 3 years of training it off and on while concentrating mostly on bending. When I'm training dl I pull once or twice a week, but with low volume / high intensity. The time I've actually spent over the bar is pretty minimal. At 45 yo, with a surgically repaired back, I can't handle marathon sessions. 30 minutes and I'm ready for food. :-)

you do 2.5 x BW DO on an axle and you will be crowned king of this thread. have you tried 2.5 x BW on a barbell with mixed grip?

I should clarify that my 275 DO was on an oly bar, not my axle.

My best on the axle has been 230, and I managed to pull BW for 27 reps today.

My mixed grip max and DO max are identical. Right now, my back is limiting me and training it is the way I plan to get stronger.

If my back could pull 325, I'm sure my grip will hold up.

got 400 x 3 pretty easy today, bw 183. going for a big single next week to see where i stand.

Nice... I pulled 415 on a single last Saturday. Came up nice and smooth so I see 425 by this Saturday...BW @ 196 so currently 2.12

got 400 x 3 pretty easy today, bw 183. going for a big single next week to see where i stand.

Nice... I pulled 415 on a single last Saturday. Came up nice and smooth so I see 425 by this Saturday...BW @ 196 so currently 2.12

nice job.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Tested deadlifts sumo mixed grip this morning. Got up to 435 in a sumo stance (favorite). BW is currently 194.4

current ratio:2.24- up from 2.12 two weeks ago

You're making good progress in a lot of areas.

Thanks Mike, it all feels like its coming together physically. I'm starting to finally figure out how my body responds to training.

i tweeked my back recently (not deadlifting). i haven't been training for almost 2 weeks. as a result, i am re assessing my programming to assure continued progress while reducing risk of injury. this is still a goal of mine but i need to step back from conventional deadlifting for a bit. i am going to play with jefferson and sumo deadlifts to strengthen myself through different ranges of motion. i am also going to work on strengthening my erector spinae through their ROM. most everything i do is with a flat back which is for safety purposes but this doesn't help me when lifting atlas stones or sandbags off the ground.

• 2 weeks later...