Ironmind Rubber Bands

Massey

Had my yellow and red bands break while using then the past two days I always put them back in the ziplock once I'm done is there a better way to store them so this doesn't happen in the future?

• Like 1

Buy broccoli, and use the rubber bands that go around the bunch of broccoli. And, for a bonus you get to eat the broccoli.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Wish I could help you out but I've always heard of these bands breaking, never happened to me personally, I've been using the same one's I've gotten since 2008 (nearly 6 years now) and never to have one snap yet, I've kept them in the same ziplock bag since I got mine.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

For more tension you just use more then one at a time...

• Like 1

For more tension you just use more then one at a time...

Yes—that's the idea, and when you can do all five at once, let us know at IronMind and we can get you some extra reds.

• Like 5

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Are these worth investing in? What are the benefits found from these?

They are a convenient and cheap way to train the forearm extensors.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive gone that route, hand yoga has worked out great for me. Rubber bands not so much.

To each their own. For me any progressive overload seems to work for the extensors but not everyone is the same.

• Like 1

Mine snapped too.

All of them.

All except the red one, that one I lost.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I love the set that I have owned for about 3 years now. I only use them for high volume warm up work and cool down. I stick with reps between 50-70 reps per band with a bit of rest in between. I store them in a baggy and then inside of an IM bag, inside of my daily work bag. I haven't had any issues at all with these. My original pair (circa 2009), the white band snapped followed by the green one. The original was made from a different material so it isn't a fair comparison.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought some maybe 5 or 6 years ago and both white ones snapped within 3 minutes. The rest followed suit (except the red ones) in about a year or so. Those red ones are still kicking!

Not a real long lifespan in my case. However, I did enjoy using them.

If they are a different, stronger material now, then that's a good improvement.

I like the Ironmind bands. Messed up and left them exposed to sunlight so half of them snapped, but I still use the other half.

Harder bands for the manus would be cool, but one other way to use the existing ones are to do finger circles

• 2 years later...

I donated mine to the local goodwill. Along with my trainer, 100# and 160# grippers, super squats belt, ironmind egg (!!), and probably more amazing stuff.

yeah, women can make you do some stupid things.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I seem to be an exception to everyone else but ive found them to hold up great. Ive had 2 pairs in the last 15 years. The latest pair i bought in 2009( i left my first lot on holiday) and i still use them 1-2 days per week with high reps. The green to blue upto 100 reps, the reds upto 50s. 1 of my blue bands now has a hole in it and i think may snap and the yellows are looking worn but still good to train with. I may need to buy a new set once the blue snaps.

• Like 1

I've had mine sense 2010 and have only had the green one bust on me but the rest including the other green are still fine to this day.