Daniel Reinard

EricMilfeld

Vid shot. I'll upload when I get home tonight.

Darn video camera took a dump before I could use it too. Shot the vid with a cell phone. It's higher def anyways. Lol.

Edited by daniel reinard

Looking forward to it. Dang about the camera. There are a couple of threads where people sugest cameras for grip closes. Heck if your cell phone does the trick then that is awesome.

Looking forward to it. Dang about the camera. There are a couple of threads where people sugest cameras for grip closes. Heck if your cell phone does the trick then that is awesome.

yeah I was a little miffed. It wouldn't focus, was just blurry unless I zoomed way in. The cell is higher def but the lense is not as nice. Vid is uploading.

Edited by daniel reinard

Hey facebook is spying on this thread. I saw it at the bottom with the list of names. Everyone be quiet. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Vid PM'd to Bill.

Based on your attempt would you agree that the gripper feels around 175lbs Daniel? That is what Paul thinks it is-just curious. I hope you got it buddy :)

-Jordan

3 reds guys. Bad video so judges can't be sure it was closed. I was able to close it so it's a matter of getting good footage. What happened was my video camcorder wouldn't focus when I was setting it up. Normally I set up the camera and just do what I always do. But. Since I had to make the attempt I had a friend hold my cell phone and use it for video taping it. A cell phone doesn't fit on the tripod or stand up on its own so the logistics of filming were all off. Also the lens on my phone apparently makes things super far away and yet doesn't have a wide frame of view. This was also a factor. I will probably attempt in august since june is nationals and july is Odds San jose contest. Thank you judges for doing an excellent job.

Jordan, it feels harder than 175. I would guess at least 180, maybe up to 183. I know my 175 #3.5 is much easier to close. I've heard others call it a low 180 gripper. Paul just makes everything seem easy. :)

Very well done on closing it! Now its up to good video recording :rock

Edited by Alawadhi

I've asked a lot of guys about the MM3 and 183 is the most common number thrown around.

• Like 1

congrats on closing it! I hate it when the video doesn't turn out. Buy a Cannon Vixia HF R200 ... it's only $300ish right now and does a good job for what we are doing. Not the best as it could focus a little faster, but it's good enough and your videos will look a lot better than most. When it does have a chance to focus, it looks awesome. P.S. you are strong

3 reds guys. Bad video so judges can't be sure it was closed. I was able to close it so it's a matter of getting good footage. What happened was my video camcorder wouldn't focus when I was setting it up. Normally I set up the camera and just do what I always do. But. Since I had to make the attempt I had a friend hold my cell phone and use it for video taping it. A cell phone doesn't fit on the tripod or stand up on its own so the logistics of filming were all off. Also the lens on my phone apparently makes things super far away and yet doesn't have a wide frame of view. This was also a factor. I will probably attempt in august since june is nationals and july is Odds San jose contest. Thank you judges for doing an excellent job.

Jordan, it feels harder than 175. I would guess at least 180, maybe up to 183. I know my 175 #3.5 is much easier to close. I've heard others call it a low 180 gripper. Paul just makes everything seem easy. :)

Your 2 45's progress etc., you got tha strength...you'll get it next time. Good attitude and looking forward to the MM3 rematch in the coming months :rock

Wow Daniel. You did kill that MM3. Now you know you can do it . Now for a good camera.

Thanks guys. The camcorder was a good one but for some reason it didn't want to focus at all. Now it's working fine. Go figure.

I'll check into that cam Paul. Thanks for the lead man.

For those that want to see the vid it's open on my youtube now.

Thinking about it, I never thought I'd have a chance to get far on the MM ladder. The best thing i've done to up my gripper game recently is move gripper training to every 10 days. The arms have liked that.

Edited by daniel reinard
  • Like 1

Thanks guys. The camcorder was a good one but for some reason it didn't want to focus at all. Now it's working fine. Go figure.

I'll check into that cam Paul. Thanks for the lead man.

For those that want to see the vid it's open on my youtube now.

Thinking about it, I never thought I'd have a chance to get far on the MM ladder. The best thing i've done to up my gripper game recently is move gripper training to every 10 days. The arms have liked that.

Saw the vids, you closed it...just got a closer view and it's yours. Good job Daniel, you will be on that MM3 list this year

Well I find myself with an open slot to do a cert so i'll probably ask again for the MM3 for the last week of May when I get back on day shift. It's eating me up the vid was so awful.

• Like 2

I knew its was bugging you. :whacked I could tell from the motion that you more than likely closed that thing. Just couldn’t see if it was open a hair or not. It seems the lens is more important than the resolution.

Do you have a new camera BTW

I knew its was bugging you. :whacked I could tell from the motion that you more than likely closed that thing. Just couldn’t see if it was open a hair or not. It seems the lens is more important than the resolution.

Do you have a new camera BTW

I don't have a new camera. It's working again now so i'll try it again. If not I need to find out how to use my cell again for gripper certs, at the least for a backup.