Sapporo Can Crush! Prize To Crush The Toughest Can!

1stCoC

I was challenged to one hand no set crush an empty Sapporo beer can, a mechanical marvel of strength in construction design, this "calibrated" super tough can will be accepted as the object of a worthy feat of grip strength . As entries mailed to Sorinex c/o Richard 4068 Fernandina Rd. Columbia SC. 29212 USA. All cans received clean ,and magic marker signed will be considered. Top entries will be displayed in our interactive grip / strength museum. 100.00 prize will be given to top judged entry by a 3 member committee at the end of a 30 day period. Results will be posted photos can be emailed to Richard@sorinex.com as well for photo credit.

• Like 4

I would like to give it a try. I just gotta figure out where to get one these cans.

• Like 1

I would like to give it a try. I just gotta figure out where to get one these cans.

I read this and thought...chez. Soon your crushing ability will start earning you a second income LOL

• Like 2

The beer is really good, should be a prize in itself.

It's spelled Sapporo, and is a region in northern Japan.

But you don't have to go there to get it, your nearby Spec's or Asian grocery store will probably carry it.

• Like 1

The winner will have "points "scored towards an opening toward consideration at Mighty Mitts. The real hosses out there ,you big gripper and pinch guys..... Andrew D , Adam Glass, Wade Jedd, Mike, Burk, Tex, Big Rich , Mark Henry, Mr. Kinney, big Country, Bud Jefferies, Chad Woodall, Mr . Hub geezer, David Horne, House Wilson, .....and there may be a ladies division if interest is shown. Any of the guys close in a huge nut cracker type squeeze might just have that chance for enough crushing power to rule the day! We are discussing scientific methods of judging cans mangled other than by mere sight observation. If crushed correctly there are "earmarks "that can be readily seen as well.

Very interesting. With cans, one good way to quantify how hard you squeezed it could be measuring the internal volume.

A pancaked can won't hold too much liquid.

• Like 1

First the blobs, now the Sapporo cans. Richard's always thinkin up something! I wonder if "it's for grip training" will work for an excuse... There will be an unexplainable huge demand for this beer in Finland I reckon.

Edited by jvance

Yeah, I'm confused. So you buy the beer, drink it, crush the can one-handed, then sign the can and mail it in? No video or anything? Just the crushed can as evidence?

Yeah, I'm confused. So you buy the beer, drink it, crush the can one-handed, then sign the can and mail it in? No video or anything? Just the crushed can as evidence?

ya, i picked up on that also. Who is to say the person didn't just smash the can with a sledgehammer. Video should be required.

I'm sure you can tell the difference between a one hand crushed can vs run over by a truck... Or chest crushed... Hopefully

I'd like to think there are honorable people out there.

I'm sure you can tell the difference between a one hand crushed can vs run over by a truck... Or chest crushed... Hopefully

I was exaggerating for effect, but unfortunately there are many people in this world who cheat. Especially when money is involved. That is why we have strict certification rules.

I was exaggerating for effect, but unfortunately there are many people in this world who cheat. Especially when money is involved. That is why we have strict certification rules.

Gotcha, I understand and unfortunately agree

Not being a beer drinker, I was advised that the correct spelling of the premium beer with a super strong can is SAPPORO.

Are you allowed to rotate the can around one handed to finish off the crush? Or is it just a pick up and one squeeze?

• Like 1

You can measure the exact amount of liquid displaced by crushed structure over a can that is unbent and filled with water. So, it will be measured by 3 sets of eyes and then by volume weight measure. Also clearly stated IS you pick up the can with one hand unaided( no set) hold away from your body and take ONE squeeze and put can down. No retry ,shifting, changing hand placement ,chest crush, sitting on it , baseball bat, karate chop,done in a vacuum, on the moon ,or any other ways to try to cheat yourself and others out of a simple straight forward universal test. Best of luck to everyone! Love to see a pair of cans crushed by David and Liz Horne, or House and Adrian Wilson. We will see if a true test of crushing will be won by the best nutcracker grip people or perhaps others.

Do challengers get extra points for pounding back a full beer before crushing the can? I can do that bit!

• Like 1

You can get Sapparo almost anywhere where I live in MA. Question, theoretical of course because I've never tried crushing one. Sometimes if you crush a can the metal fold and gets a crack. If this were to occur how would you measure water volume? Also you should have to slug the beer as part of the challenge. Also can you wear a glove? This is a concern with possible sharp edges.

One squeeze ,non aided in any way, with no set ,no repeated tries,no gloves. Can is so stout I really doubt if a crack would ever appear on one squeeze except if perhaps Joe Kinney tried. If it did rupture a little duct tape when weighing it would stop the leak. This is just a simple straight forward test of grip crush strength. Nothing more needs to be read into the task. Have fun! As I said any outstanding legit crushes will get an additional nod being considered for the March Arnold's Mighty Mitts show.

Of course nothing is simple. A few stout hearted grip guys bought Saparro cans but they must be a American "bud lite"type can not the fearsome fluted monster Iimported one. Anyone out there with any insight please jump in. Prize and honor still on!

If there are few that step forward in this simple challenge my faith in men and women of grip....is shaken.perhaps I should have grown up collecting stamps. As in life ,"showing up "or participating is required to make a mark or to show a pursuit has real value.

I found this page which locates stores near your address that sell the beer. I'm feeling a little sick at the moment but I'll pick up a can this weekend to try crushing it since it appears a store only a couple miles away from me sells this beer.

http://www.beermenus.com/beers/sapporo-draft