Documenting Gripper Closes

John McCarter

This is a video in which I go over the ways in which I record videos for gripper closes. My personal goal for this video, helping those who may have a hard time recording gripper closes becoming easier. Any question you may have, that was not covered in the video, please leave a question so I may answer it for you.

http://youtu.be/DdIJI0dWVd4

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

We'd like to thank John for doing this. I had contacted him about doing this to help others given how great his videos are. He want WAY above and beyond here. I would also like to add to this thread his own MM2 close that shows how well this video was shot.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I did not watch the entire instructional video, but it is very impressive that you were able to compile nearly 2 hours of instruction on the topic. Thanks fo rthe efforts to support our board and cert process.

• Like 3

I did not watch the entire instructional video, but it is very impressive that you were able to compile nearly 2 hours of instruction on the topic. Thanks fo rthe efforts to support our board and cert process.

Thank you for taking time to watch what you could of the video, I am sure you will finish it later. One thing I wish to make clear, I personally had no clue I was approaching nearly two hours of recording time. At first, I was going to cover a few aspects of what I do but that quickly changed as I thought about what "videoing grippers" meant in today's time (Certifications, personal use, showing where you are in strength, etc.). Again, Thank you for taking your time and watching my video, it has been an honor making and sharing it.

• Like 2

Towards the end of the video he videos himself showing the exact placement he uses to record his videos. :)

• Like 2

good video man, thanks for sharing....

i personally don't have a tripod and just use my iphone

I set it on my furnace cuz there is good lighting down there and it gives me a good angle for the right hand.. i can also use the washer to set the gripper down for cert closes

• Like 1

good video man, thanks for sharing....

i personally don't have a tripod and just use my iphone

I set it on my furnace cuz there is good lighting down there and it gives me a good angle for the right hand.. i can also use the washer to set the gripper down for cert closes

Thank you for taking the time to actually watch the video. If the area you are recording gripper videos in is working for you (in the way you are doing them), don't change what you are doing. In the video, I was only showing how I approach my way of recording for grippers (everyone else is going to be different in how they approach the methods that will work for them). If there was any points you took away from the video, then I have done my job.

• Like 2

thanks man. i'm gonna save it and watch it later.

i'm still really bad at taping closes, so hopefully this will help.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Appreciate you taking the time! 

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2021 at 11:23 PM, John McCarter said:

Thank you.

Subscribing to you now, was at work earlier.

Edited by Terry Conjugate Iron

• 1 year later...
On 1/6/2013 at 3:47 PM, John McCarter said:

This is a video in which I go over the ways in which I record videos for gripper closes. My personal goal for this video, helping those who may have a hard time recording gripper closes becoming easier. Any question you may have, that was not covered in the video, please leave a question so I may answer it for you.

http://youtu.be/DdIJI0dWVd4

FYI this video is now private and as such is unavailable to watch.

4 hours ago, liftyzig said:

FYI this video is now private and as such is unavailable to watch.

Thanks, I didn't know and I will fix it.

Edit note: video should be public. If it's not, please let me know.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, John McCarter said:

Thanks, I didn't know and I will fix it.

Edit note: video should be public. If it's not, please let me know.

I appreciate you looking into it!

• Like 1