Left-turn Grippers - Ironmind

jchapman

Where can I read about those? Looked at ironmind.com, couldnt find anything.

I would buy those have them rated if cannon sold them.

• Like 1

I have a slight feeling they wont be a big success.

Kinda like the zenit grippers.

I have a slight feeling they wont be a big success.

Kinda like the zenit grippers.

Have you ever used a left-handed gripper? I have used a LH Baraban, and it was super smooth for the left hand. I will order at least a #2 to do reps with.

• Like 1

I love how IM is able to still be a little bit passive aggressively insulting in their advertising. I'll definitely buy a #2. Hopefully Cannon will carry them.

• Like 2

I didn't go with Zen model because if I wanted comfort all I need to do is add electrical tape.

I am a lefty but I been using COC's so long I never even thought the rotation of the spring would be an issue. In fact, does that really matter?

I didn't go with Zen model because if I wanted comfort all I need to do is add electrical tape.

I am a lefty but I been using COC's so long I never even thought the rotation of the spring would be an issue. In fact, does that really matter?

To me, I noticed quite a big difference with the LH Baraban I used.

Really? Well in that case I might give them a go. I wonder why.

Really? Well in that case I might give them a go. I wonder why.

Others may be able to explain it more accurately, but it has to do with the angle of the handles as you pull them shut. In the right hand with a standard gripper, the handles pull in towards each other (diagonally) as they close. This same gripper in a left hand will see the handles being pulled away from the inside, and across the width of the spring winding.

• Like 1

I love how IM is able to still be a little bit passive aggressively insulting in their advertising. I'll definitely buy a #2. Hopefully Cannon will carry them.

We are the .1% lol
  • Like 1

I'd make my own before I would buy one for this very reason.

• Like 1

love how 99.9 percent got pulled out of the air... or maybe they did ask exactly 1000 customers with one dissenting

• Like 1

love how 99.9 percent got pulled out of the air... or maybe they did ask exactly 1000 customers with one dissenting

It sounds like the sense of humor of someone who believes he's smarter than everyone else. Or, at least 99.9% of them.

• Like 1

I would rather see a iron mind gripper that is Hal of a CoC and half of a zenith gripper.

That I would buy in a righty and a lefty...

I like the look of those and it would be interesting to see if there really is a difference in feel.

Are Ironmind altering their stanc and saying that the direction of wind DOES make a difference?

from: http://captainsofcrushgrippers.com/ironmind/opencms/gripperfact.html

Grippers for lefties

Forces on grippers are symmetric (see Dog legs, above), and the same is true whether the coil is wound as what is called a right-hand (counterclockwise) or left-hand (clockwise) spring. These are descriptions that have nothing whatsoever to do with the person crushing the gripper being left-handed or right-handed: regardless of the way the coil is wound, the forces are still symmetric, whether held in a left or right hand. At IronMind, we sometimes get requests to "make grippers for left-handed people," so we explain this situation, mentioning, incidentally, that Captains of Crush Grippers use use left-hand (clockwise) wound springs.

I notice the ad doesn't really say they feel different, but it sure looks like they've come round to the idea (and having black handles combined with the spring direction) that these will be saleable!

The quote Dax mentioned is so poorly researched and thought out. I'm not sure that I've ever seen another business owner with such a poor understanding of their own product, or attack the people drawn to it.

• Like 3

Wow, never before read that page. I can't get over how condoscending and dismissively written it is. He is so resistant to the idea that his grippers have slight variances, that he doesn't appear to see that it's surely led to an increase in sales. Otherwise, the hardcore gripper guys wouldn't need three or four of the same grippers.

• Like 2

Since I'm ambidextrous/mixed-handed I'm looking forward to seeing how these feel.

Also I wonder when that page was last updated.