2014 September - CoC #3 Certification Attempt - Geralt

Geralt

I catch your drift in this. I know you mean the certification process in general. Every IM gripper cert stands or falls with the integrity and judging skills of the referee, when there is no clear filming. Filming the handles from close up and a referee holding his head under the gripper, those two make it hard to go together.

• Like 1

It can be the angle of the pictures ofcourse. Is the same visible on Krista's video?

Geralt, time is on your side. You are 37 years old. I didn't touch my first IM gripper until I was 44. There is no doubt by anyone that you will get it.

In 2008, R Strossen was my witness on my failed cert attempt. On my last attempt, I "may" have closed it. My arm was resting on my leg in a similar fashion as yours was in the photo, except it may have been a couple of inches closer to the wrist. Randy told me that my arm touching my leg would have disqualified the close, as that would be considered "bracing". No one on this thread mentioned that but it is something to take into consideration. Bending over and squeezing like that is simply a way of giving it 100% (I know!), but be careful.

Keep at it. I am positive it will happen for you.

Thanks Mike. Funny thing is, what you mentioned was one of the first things I said when I saw that picture. I am taking this all as a big learning thing. The stronger I will get, the less I will need to swing my arm all over the place. Good point and observation. By the way that must have been a BIG disappointing moment. Being that close in 2008. My referee also said my best squeeze was just a hair from closed. So frustrating. When I see the video my wife made you can see me put so much effort in that I get emotional when watching it back. Stupid grippers.

Head up brother ! Some men only dream of calling in the COC 3 Cert someday. You are so close you can smell it. Im sure being that close will push you even further and probably past your goals once you get this behind you. Take a breather and then come back with a vengeance !

Awesome pics btw !

Nate, I hope the best for you !! Stay strong !!

• Like 2

Thnx guys! I will be back. I am very stubborn and motivated. :chris:

Dusting myself off mentally.

@ Artee: I haven't watched my video back anymore...too frustrating. But I didn't touch my right leg...I was aware of that while crushing I remember...

Oh well...it's all a learning experience in the end...but I don't want a learning experience again if you catch my drift!

Yeah, I thought so too. It's the angle.

Thnx guys! I will be back. I am very stubborn and motivated. :chris:

Dusting myself off mentally.

@ Artee: I haven't watched my video back anymore...too frustrating. But I didn't touch my right leg...I was aware of that while crushing I remember...

Oh well...it's all a learning experience in the end...but I don't want a learning experience again if you catch my drift!

Been there bro, Failure only makes us stronger. I plan to go for the 3 cert again.

• Like 1

Been there bro, Failure only makes us stronger. I plan to go for the 3 cert again.

Where you been Josh still training?

Edited by jvance

Where you been Josh still training?
No but i tns my light 3 the other day and have not trained for along time.