N A G S Championship Events

Jedd Johnson

Andrew Durniat has asked me to post the events for NAGS Championships.

20mm Block Set Grippers (both hands)

Two Hands Pinch

Axle

Sledge Choke (both hands)

Pinch Block Curl (both hands)

Here is the Entry Form:

http://www.dieselcrew.com/articles-pdf/NatsEntry2014.pdf

• Like 2

Seems like (double overhand) axle hasn't been contested lately in grip competitions. Is there a conscious movement away from this?

On the other hand, sledge has been gaining popularity.

• Like 1

Seems like (double overhand) axle hasn't been contested lately in grip competitions. Is there a conscious movement away from this?

Yeah, I was really looking forward to DO axle. Oh well, I plan on holding a contest soon, so that will def be in it.

Yeah, I was really looking forward to DO axle. Oh well, I plan on holding a contest soon, so that will def be in it.

My same thoughts exactly. I plan to host a contest soon as well, but for newer people in grip, it may be a good move to have all three core lifts contested at nationals.

Like they say, the meet doesn't start til the bar hits the platform. You can't total in gripsport without DO axle.

• Like 1

Pinch Block curl? Is that like the

blob or what? And could i get some

Advice on sledge i have never done

That, just homade stuff.

I'm actually liking the lighter events because I'm still rehabbing my ankle from surgery. I just assumed I wouldn't be able to compete at nationals because of the axle etc, but if these are the events than I will be there.

• Like 2

Medley this year? Dang no axle? That's Andrew's big event too... Although when the lifts get over 400 back strength can play an adverse factor.

What size pinch block for the curl? Perhaps the Strongergrip block?

i'm happy to see the events getting mixed up. there was a time when every comp had completely different events, loved it.

i guess i need to do some work now.

Guys, Axle is in there. I skipped over that in the text I received from Andrew. I added it into the first post. Sorry for the mistake.

The Pinch Block curl is a 6X2 piece of raw steel with a loading pin attached to it. I will get a picture uploaded.

• Like 1

10171285_10152071003737155_1183697980_n.

This is the Pinch Block Curl device that will be used at the North American Grip Sport Championship this year. The event will be done in strict curl fashion so the back can not be used to throw the curl up. More info to follow.

• Like 2

10171285_10152071003737155_1183697980_n. This is the Pinch Block Curl device that will be used at the North American Grip Sport Championship this year. The event will be done in strict curl fashion so the back can not be used to throw the curl up. More info to follow.

that looks sweet! Thanks Jedd
  • Like 1

10171285_10152071003737155_1183697980_n.

This is the Pinch Block Curl device that will be used at the North American Grip Sport Championship this year. The event will be done in strict curl fashion so the back can not be used to throw the curl up. More info to follow.

Thanks Jedd! time to focus

Yes, June 14th.

I'm happy to see that Axle is in. I like the three lift total of grippers, axle, and pinch. It would have been bizarre to have nationals without being able to total. I also liked the era of every comp having different events, but I think the national contest should be somewhat standardized and have at least those three core lifts every year.

• Like 5

This is my first year in grip and now that the events are out, I feel like this is the beginning of the "Wrestlemania season" of grip. Pretty cool to see it unfold in everyone's training journals and what not.

• Like 1

With Andrew inning the last several years, we also have our version of "the Streak"

• Like 1

With Andrew inning the last several years, we also have our version of "the Streak"

The streak was broken :(

Yes, unbelievable.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the NAGS Championship Entry Form, from Andrew.

http://www.dieselcrew.com/articles-pdf/NatsEntry2014.pdf

I just want to confirm that the hammer is actually a 14 pounder, and that it's not a typo on the entry form???

Didn't notice that, so I am not sure.

Great info Jedd & thanks for posting!

Gotta start working those plate curls dangit... I'm good with the hammers though!! ;-)

The hammer will be 14#. I am sanding the slick glossy finish off the handles. 14# was chosen because we are getting very close to maxing out a 12# hammer (you can thank Robert Miller and Jedd at Gripmas)

• Like 2