Difference Between #3 And Mmg1

Norden

If I buy a MMG1 replica, will there be a notable difference between that one and a #3? I mean, is it possible that an easy MMG1 replica may be the same as a hard #3? Are there any other differences between those two grippers that will make it worth buying a MMG1 replica and training with that one before signing up on the MMG1 certification?

If I buy a MMG1 replica, will there be a notable difference between that one and a #3? I mean, is it possible that an easy MMG1 replica may be the same as a hard #3? Are there any other differences between those two grippers that will make it worth buying a MMG1 replica and training with that one before signing up on the MMG1 certification?

An MMG1 rep may be easier than a #3 or harder, a better bet would be an Elite.

I second this recommendation.

I for example have a #3 which is rated at 149#, #150, #154 #153, #155, #158-- So which one would we say is "the #3?"

The difference between a 149 and a 158 #3 is very big. Someone who has only closed a 149 #3 is going to probably struggle more with the MM1 compared to the one who is training with the 158 for example.

Elites are currently coming in between 165 to 175. If you can close one of these you will easily handle the MM1.

I second this recommendation.

I for example have a #3 which is rated at 149#, #150, #154 #153, #155, #158-- So which one would we say is "the #3?"

The difference between a 149 and a 158 #3 is very big. Someone who has only closed a 149 #3 is going to probably struggle more with the MM1 compared to the one who is training with the 158 for example.

Elites are currently coming in between 165 to 175. If you can close one of these you will easily handle the MM1.

Okay, and what is an Elite? (I'm pretty new to this.) Beef Builder Elite?

Yes that is it. BBE

odds are that a MM1 is harder than your #3 but there is no guarantee.

The #3s I have bought have clustered around 152 with the exception of one I bought off Earl that was calibrated at 148. My MM1 is 160 ish

I think the MM grippers dont vary as much as most grippers but I could be wrong on that.

Yes that is it. BBE

The #3s I have bought have clustered around 152 with the exception of one I bought off Earl that was calibrated at 148. My MM1 is 160 ish

I think the MM grippers dont vary as much as most grippers but I could be wrong on that.

Okay, thanks for replying. While we're talking, I can see that you're a MMG0, I quick question... before filming myself on the MMG0, do I have to make a quick announcement on the forum first or is that only for MMG1 and higher?

Yes that is it. BBE

Okay, thanks for replying. While we're talking, I can see that you're a MMG0, I quick question... before filming myself on the MMG0, do I have to make a quick announcement on the forum first or is that only for MMG1 and higher?

No. Just send Wanagrip an unlisted link to your video (my vid was on youtube). He will tell you if you are doing it right. If it looks good it goes off to 3 judges. . Dont film in the sun like I did. MM1 + is more formal because the gripper is sent to you and there is more rules.