Get Together Sept 13

nickr104

We are having a get together at Chris Rice's gym the 13th of September. Anyone that wants to come is welcome. Starts around 10:30 - whenever Chris kicks us out. We will be messing around with some of the gripmas events and other grip stuff. I know I will be bending if any benders want to come. Chris has tons of grip toys and lifting stuff so who knows what we will get into. We will chip in for food later in the day. Just let Chris or myself know and we can send more info.

• Like 1

All the cool shit happens 3+ hours away from me. Makes me a sad panda

897DA5F5-E65F-44CE-A3A6-66DE43DE2600.png

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 1

10hr + drive. Ill be there for gripmas though ! someone please get some video of the medley events

All the cool shit happens 3+ hours away from me. Makes me a sad panda

897DA5F5-E65F-44CE-A3A6-66DE43DE2600.png

Get in the car sad Panda and come on over! :)

Any seedy hotels in the area

Edit: 6 hour drive for me

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 1

Oh man, I wish I could go too. Have like a 20 minute session with Chris and then add like 30 lbs to my 2hp LOL

• Like 1

I would offer my couch EJ but you would have to drive 1 hour 15min. past Chris's house to get to it.

I would offer my couch EJ but you would have to drive 1 hour 15min. past Chris's house to get to it.

I appreciate that but it looks like I won't be able to make it. Something came up with work. I'll probably be in DC that weekend

If anyone attending has an IM little big horn & could bring it with them, that would be great. I have never touched one and would like to do so before King Kong.

I will see what we can do about that. I don't have one either. Only have access to the Sorinex anvil trainer. they are different Sorinex is on a fixed loading pin. IM has a carabiner that hooks to the pin.

This will also be a good opportunity for anyone doing Gripmas to check out the events and see what Chris has.

Kody and I may come out for this... We both have big horns.. Ill try to remember if I can get the day off for this. Gonna be my last chance for a while to kick it with the ohio grip faithful.

• Like 1

For anyone coming up the 13th - bring any toys you have - we can try "everything"!

Hey - it's starting to look like a nice group - awesome!!! And Yes Brent - 2HP sounds good. We can actually do almost a mini contest if everyone is up for it :) Nick is bringing his Silver Bullet - I have the Euro and Axle - and sorting out the Medley is something I really want to do - figuring out weight to use of some items etc.

• 2 weeks later...

The first group of guys showed up and we started about 10:30 AM - The second group of guys just left at 10:30 PM. A long day of lifting - bending - and feats of strength. Man I'm tired! Lot's of good stuff done by all and a great time!

Great hanging out guys! We to do this more! I hit 2 big shoes for me today. Here is the DS5 video. Been well over a year since I had taken down one of theses.

Thank you, Mr. Rice for letting us come out to your gym. It was a great time and good to see everyone.

MR Rice makes me feel old - oh wait.............. :)

Thanks Chris and Teresa for having me out to train once again. Great training w/ the pittsburgh and ohio guys as usual. Ill miss all you all but ill be back eventually.

Of course you don't leave without Chris fixing your 2hp, and I once again left with a bit more knowledge and broke out my 2hp funk. Always the simplest tune ups and a big "Duh" moment and I'm doing 10 second holds with 200 on the pinch block or a convincing 210 on the euro. 100 kg around the corner!! Great strength by all!

• Like 1

a really fun day. pretty tired today and not getting anything done. guess that's ok. I got a lot of work in and learned a lot as well.

Took Sunday off except for some stretching etc but back at it today and felt great. Recovered pretty well for having put in a 12 hour training session Saturday - my routine must be working OK.