Double 2 X 20kg/45s Pinch

monstagripp

Thanks,

I have tried many different widths over the years but I seem to always conclude in the end that 64mm works best for me.

Many probably don't even have two pairs of nice 45/20's. I don't, all I have is a pair of rather wide and horribly sharp 20k plates with a slippery coating. I can lift them with my right hand but they cut the skin every time I try. I think I have the strength to do a pair with each hand at the same time as I have pulled 45k left and 47k right on the Euro set up at just under 73k body weight.

You are very strong Mikael, How thick is your Euro pinch set up? If you ever get a chance to pinch 2 x 45s in each hand at the same time try it, You will be the lightest person to ever do it.

Keep up the good work. :)

Juha,

My friend.......I do have two 10k Eleiko plates already and I will get another pair in a few months but thanks for the offer. I still don't understand why you argue against the obvious; plate pinching is rather heavily dependant on the plates used. Again, I never said it was easy to pinch four 10k Eleiko plates. For example you might well find that it is easier to lift four 10k Eleiko than it is to pinch two old and wide York 45's (with their notoriously uneven rim).

OMG to yourself. You and another gentleman are more sensitive than a PMS sufferer. No one said it is easy to pinch four 10k plates but it is certainly easier to pinch narrowish and top quality plates.

If you pay shipments both ways then I´ll send to you my Eleiko and Matti Heiskanen´s Leoko plates for borrow. Then you can show to us your "power" with Swedish everlasting menstruation.

Dear whateveryournameis,

I brought some order into the world of grip strength, that is an undisputable fact.

If you set up rules (done by the IGC) you better make sure that you follow them precisely.

Mikael Siversson what's wrong with you! always complain everything! take it easy and enjoy the other videos! peace

Mikael,

The topic started off with a simple question. I would have thought the feat extremely impressive whatever the plates used.

Frankly the whole issue of plate type/brand is pointless hair-splitting IMHO. You can (with some effort) create a chalk build up on most plates and minimise the slipperiness its then a question of whether theyre optimal width. The Euro Pinch is no different.

Im yet to see or hear of anyone go to the trouble of 1 hand pinching 40kgs on chalk-buildup-free (ie. unused areas of a) Euro Pinch setup. Perhaps Juha could give it a go I enjoy his clips.

Dave

Mikael,

The topic started off with a simple question. I would have thought the feat extremely impressive whatever the plates used.

Frankly the whole issue of plate type/brand is pointless hair-splitting IMHO. You can (with some effort) create a chalk build up on most plates and minimise the slipperiness its then a question of whether theyre optimal width. The Euro Pinch is no different.

Im yet to see or hear of anyone go to the trouble of 1 hand pinching 40kgs on chalk-buildup-free (ie. unused areas of a) Euro Pinch setup. Perhaps Juha could give it a go I enjoy his clips.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Good point, I will clean my plates the next time I try them and hopefully get them chalk free and try them. Thanks for the info.

monstagripp

I think its silly to discredit a lift claiming the plates are easier.

I wish I could dead lift 2 45's I can't budge them but I lifted over 100lbs on the euro my first time trying it. I respect anyone who can do that feat, its an elite level pinch feat regardless of the plates.

I don't think many guys can do this feat at your BW, adam glass I'm sure could right now but can't think of a big number of guys who can at 185-but in your weight class of 93kg a few guys could if they trained for it, though you could make 83kg no problem at all-. Huge pinch lifting!

• Like 1

I think its silly to discredit a lift claiming the plates are easier.

I wish I could dead lift 2 45's I can't budge them but I lifted over 100lbs on the euro my first time trying it. I respect anyone who can do that feat, its an elite level pinch feat regardless of the plates.

I don't think many guys can do this feat at your BW, adam glass I'm sure could right now but can't think of a big number of guys who can at 185-but in your weight class of 93kg a few guys could if they trained for it, though you could make 83kg no problem at all-. Huge pinch lifting!

Thanks Stephen,

Concentrate on wide pinch and loose plates for a while and you will have the 45s in no time with your strength.

I did ask Adam through youtube but no reply yet. I would like to get down to 82-83kg but am to lazy at the moment. Hopefully by summer :)

• Like 1

Funny that the grip legend himself, DH, discussed this very same subject in the Grip Well, pointing out the obvious that plate pinching is dependant the plates used. Some plates are quite a bit harder at a given weight than others. This is common knowledge amongst those of us who have been in the game for a decade or more. To imply that Euro set ups vary as much as various brand of iron cast weight shows a lack of experience if nothing else.

I know a bit about one hand pinching, probably more than most of you.

• Like 1

To quote David Horne (and I fully agree with him on this)

A - Loose plate pinching can be as much about the plates as the strength. How these plates feel, fit together, the dimensions, texture and shape create the difficulties, or ease of the feat.

Final note (again); No one said it was easy to pinch four 10k plates. Juha is ranked #2 in the +120k class on the Euro so he is obviously very strong in the 1HP. There is a difference between relative and absolute difficulty of a lift.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

What's the total width of four 10k Leoko plates?

OMG to yourself. You and another gentleman are more sensitive than a PMS sufferer. No one said it is easy to pinch four 10k plates but it is certainly easier to pinch narrowish and top quality plates.

If you pay shipments both ways then I´ll send to you my Eleiko and Matti Heiskanen´s Leoko plates for borrow. Then you can show to us your "power" with Swedish everlasting menstruation.
Edited by Mikael Siversson

What's the total width of four 10k Leoko plates?

93mm

I have just found out that the 15kg Eleiko plates are only 63mm wide for the 3 plates, Wow that is thinner then my 2 x 20kg plates. I think I could lift them very soon but am not paying $360 for 3 plates.

I have just found out that the 15kg Eleiko plates are only 63mm wide for the 3 plates, Wow that is thinner then my 2 x 20kg plates. I think I could lift them very soon but am not paying $360 for 3 plates.

According to Eleiko they are supposed to be 22mm each, so 66mm in total.

getstrength.com

Product Description

High quality IPF approved metal competition discs. For 50 mm sleeves. Two years warranty.

Colour yellow

Weight 15 kg

Diameter Ø 400 mm

Thickness 21 mm

Hole Ø 50 mm

Thank for checking up.

To imply that Euro set ups vary as much as various brand of iron cast weight shows a lack of experience if nothing else.

To suggest the surfaces of all Euro set ups are exactly the same (irrespective of how long and often they have been in use/cleaned) is just plain conceited.

I too know a fair bit about 1HP - but don't believe I need to assert that I therefore know more than nearly everyone else. If I truly believed that I'd be inclined to share my knowledge, opinions, and experiences instead big-noting myself.

Dave

• Like 1

Who suggested all Euro set ups feel exactly the same?

I looked through the thread but could not find that statement.

You said they don't vary as much plates.

I'll agree with that - but they can still vary a great deal and unlike some types of plates they are able to develop a chalk build up.

As a starting point I used whatever Eleiko plates I had. Two 10k plates and two 5k plates did not pose any problems (used my right hand) other than being awkward to set up (because of the different diameters). I will get another two 10k plates after new year and work towards three 10k plates and a 5 to start with. As a goal for 2014 I will try to pinch lift four 10k Eleiko weights while weighing less than 74k.

As a starting point I used whatever Eleiko plates I had. Two 10k plates and two 5k plates did not pose any problems (used my right hand) other than being awkward to set up (because of the different diameters). I will get another two 10k plates after new year and work towards three 10k plates and a 5 to start with. As a goal for 2014 I will try to pinch lift four 10k Eleiko weights while weighing less than 74k.

Hope you get them plates Mikael, That would go down in history my friend!!!

Mikael,

Dave

Dave, I have put up the video now of the 40kg chalk free plates.

Parvez

I wish I could do that!

Like Mikael I've only ever had access to sharp edged plates that slice & dice my thumbs/webbing on the few occasions I've attempted the feat. My gym recently got some narrower (but still sharp-edged) plates . . . . perhaps I should man up and work towards achieving this feat.

I wish I could do that!

Like Mikael I've only ever had access to sharp edged plates that slice & dice my thumbs/webbing on the few occasions I've attempted the feat. My gym recently got some narrower (but still sharp-edged) plates . . . . perhaps I should man up and work towards achieving this feat.

I don't like skin tears but it has helped with my pinch, When I do get a tear in the skin I have to use less of my thumb and have managed to pinch 2 x 20kg plates using only half of my thumb. And it has made my wide pinch a lot better. Don't worry about the skin tear its worth it :)