Just A Little Story

Darco

While having lunch at work last week a rather large coworker mentioned he had a friend who was into armwrestling years ago. He would go over so his friend had someone to practice with but he could never come close to beating him.

Eventually a world class armwrestler (I'm withholding his name) started coming over for practice. My coworker told me the man was probably the only person he ever met that intimidated him just by shear size. But he was friendly and soft spoken and they all got along great.

One the big man had a glassed over look in his eyes and pondered out loud. "I wonder what it would be like to walk into a McDonalds and just start shooting."

My coworker never went to another practice.

Nice one! So one of these days this will be all over the news in the USA, if it ever happens. Crazy people out there....

BTW, I follow the AW scene somewhat and gotta admit I am very curious as to who the guy is.

Nice one! So one of these days this will be all over the news in the USA, if it ever happens. Crazy people out there....

BTW, I follow the AW scene somewhat and gotta admit I am very curious as to who the guy is.

His profile information says he is from Canada

Well first off I agree there is some crazy stuff going on in my nation right now more than ever in my lifetime but after being to 19 countries in my life I have discovered craziness is everywhere and universal but to me there is no place like home.

As far as the off the wall comment made by the big guy-I have found in my experience as a career soldier and as a mental health counselor it is rarely the ones that talk loud and abrasively you have to worry about because they tip their hand on their own and you are at least aware of possible issues and you tend to watch them closer (which is what they want in the first place-Attention). It is the ones that come out of nowhere and explode that will harm you and can be the most dangerous because of the battle proven tactic of surprise. Most people of that character are either gaining attention with shock value or trying to reinforce their wanted image and sometimes it can be as simple as a misguided attempt at twisted humor.

So Canada... and a guy who intimidates by sheer size... that narrows it down, doesn't it? :P

GatorGrip: I just re-read my post and it sounded different than what I intended. When I said "crazy people out there" I meant "out there in the world", really, not out there in the USA! Just clearing that up :)

I don't get it. :pinch

Did you post just so if it actually happens then you can kind of feel like you got it off your chest?

So Canada... and a guy who intimidates by sheer size... that narrows it down, doesn't it? :P

GatorGrip: I just re-read my post and it sounded different than what I intended. When I said "crazy people out there" I meant "out there in the world", really, not out there in the USA! Just clearing that up :)

Oh no harm done or disrespect taken, I totally agree our nation is changing for the worse in many ways-crazy seems to be many people's hobby these days and a damn requirement to be a politician or high level government employee- :help

I don't get it. :pinch

Did you post just so if it actually happens then you can kind of feel like you got it off your chest?

No, I'm not too worried about that happening.

I didn't even know this guy had been into armwrestling. We were talking about the news, some shooting spree in the states. Somebody else wondered what goes through someones mind when they do that and he brought it up.

I realize the story isn't very interesting without a name but I felt like passing it along.