Bridging The Gap 3/16 To 1/4

Nel34

If you don't chalk the oil from your hands builds up over time and it makes the pads very slick and difficult to use.

ok chalking IM pads, big difference. Now if I can perfect wrapping tighter with the damn things.

ok chalking IM pads, big difference. Now if I can perfect wrapping tighter with the damn things.

Check out Tommy's (mudhutmasher) vids. I wrap the same way and it works great.

...don't forget the beer.

I'll check that out thanks. Bars I got at loses yesterday are much easier then anticipated and definitely easier then the IM equivalent. They are CRS too, oh well brand change does that.

Just nailed a 1/4x 6" CRS first attempt. last week i did a 7 inch, yellow equivalent. I believe this is equivalent to a blue nail. I used DO. What a turn around from my first post...I have a pic how do i upload it. iPad skills suck.

Nice progress. The 3/16 to 1/4in is where I am at right now. It's basically an ISO for me trying to kink it.

It's probably only technique flaws that are stopping you from bending bigger bars. Jedd has some videos you can purchase to help with your technique. and there might be couple others around talking about DO tech. Here's one:

http://youtu.be/boXOCLMw12E

Played a bit with this today. The wraps were not rolled as tight as I could have today so that may have been part of it. Greens or equivalent completely melt be it DO or Rev. Yellow is not wanting to kink so I worked a slightly kinked one, did not move but I did feel the position was better and I was able to get more into it. Likely I just did not push into it fast enough past the comfort level. As technique improves I am sure it will go. Going to look for some grade 2's and carriage bolts if I have to. Good news is that it is all pain free, the tendons in my hand appear to have finally fully healed (tore the tendon sheathing along the back of my hand, yes all of it).