Brent's Log

barbe705

Yol Bolsun went really well for me.  I'll have to get the numbers at some point.   My big take away for the day was that I am in terrible shape.  My coming back slow has probably been the smartest thing I've done in ages.  While doing 2HP I had a cramp in my right pec bc I'm just not used to straining like that anymore.  but, I'm finally in a position to train again. 

I just got my scores, thanks for posting vinnie.

raptor 155

2hp 173 (i was loading and missed 183 so i pulled 188 which i missed by about 1/4" from where I was standing.  This caused a strain in my right forearm that would show up in axle)

axle 190.  i was warming up and I felt it in my right arm.  I just took an attempt at this weight and called it.  no point getting really injured for a lift that would still be mediocre.

hammers, 2 reps

medley 13 items more or less one handed. 

I'm super excited to get back into things but, I was most proud of showing restraint instead of pushing when I knew it was a bad idea.

• Like 4

January 23,2024.

After a really weak bench session I was planning to do some pinching.  Something in my left thumb was bothering me and 2*25 was too heavy to pinch.  Right hand inside some holds for time.  

I've been doing a lot of mobility work so I can use my shoulders and hips again.  It's helping a lot.  But I can't really tell how it will affect me until the day after.  I tried something new for my hips Friday and they were killing for 4 days after the fact.  Saturday I was wearing swamp shorts to do dishes and cook.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I haven't really been updating this for a couple of reasons.  Busy, inconsistent, etc.  but this week I benched 135x5.  That is the most I've been able to bench since I started back.  My neck injury screwed everything up.  There was a point where regular push ups were too much so I switch to on my knees.  

I never thought 135 would be a problem but it has taken a great deal of work to get back to this point.

• Like 3

135 IS JUST A NUMBER. JUST KEEP MOVEING FORWARD. 

keep up the good work. sometimes the road back is not easy, but it is worth it.

• Like 3

I am not sure what words to use. I am not sure if this is a feel my pain moment, a Phoenix victory celebration, or a you are here update.

Any how, keep going. You got this.

• Like 1