140 #3

Cannon

Between now and then I'm posting other stuff as I rate them as well. There is a narrow SM up there right now. And some 146-147 #3s.

No 161-166 elites? I'm a sad panda

• Like 1

It's up and gone. Maybe lasted 0.43 milliseconds. :ohmy

We'll make sure there are Elites in the next round. We have them on order right now.

• Like 1

It's up and gone. Maybe lasted 0.43 milliseconds. :ohmy

We'll make sure there are Elites in the next round. We have them on order right now.

Eta on the next round? Edited by EJ Livesey

Quick sale as expected. Somebody will be getting their MM0 soon...

That narrow SM is easy as hell. 111 makes it 20lbs(!) Easier than my Master.

Somebody will be getting their MM0 soon

Reinard got it. Might get MM0 upside down or something.

You should have auctioned it off. Bidding would be up to $200 by now.

I'll keep that in mind. We have the lowest #3 we've ever rated sitting around. I set it aside when I found it and have never mentioned it until now.

Quick sale as expected. Somebody will be getting their MM0 soon...

That narrow SM is easy as hell. 111 makes it 20lbs(!) Easier than my Master.

You have a 131 Master..? that doesn't seem right.

We have the lowest #3 we've ever rated sitting around. I set it aside when I found it and have never mentioned it until now.

Now you're just teasing the animals in the zoo...

Edited by Mike Sharkey

I just want to tns it once

Well twice....

My master was rated by Eric at 130. It's narrow handled, but is an outlier for sure.

There is a chance of course that it's misstamped, but I can't find spring diameters for those grippers anymore.

I just know it had an abnormally close mount.

How much did you sell the 140lb-er #3 for?

My master was rated by Eric at 130. It's narrow handled, but is an outlier for sure.

There is a chance of course that it's misstamped, but I can't find spring diameters for those grippers anymore.

I just know it had an abnormally close mount.

How much did you sell the 140lb-er #3 for?

That makes more sense for a 5/8" Master.

The 140 #3 was $24.

$19 plus the $5 rating. :)

• Like 1

Hate the fact I have a strong #3..I can definitely close one at 140. Damn!

Don't think of it as a #3, think of the gripper just in terms of the rating and get strong enough to close a 150# gripper, then you'll be able to close most #3's
  • Like 4

You missed a good chance to make some money on that one. Who would have ever thought that grippers vary :)

• Like 1

You should have auctioned it off. Bidding would be up to $200 by now.

I'll keep that in mind. We have the lowest #3 we've ever rated sitting around. I set it aside when I found it and have never mentioned it until now.

Yeah, you should definitely auction it off. I have had two well known GB guys over the last 5 years offer me $500 (both said it was partly the low rating, but more because of a few of the "names" that had closed it...) for my 137lb #3. It is one of the few grippers I will never sell. My 146lb cert #3 is the other.

500 for a gripper?? Why? Is it because its such as easy 3?? I can understand needing it to bridge gaps in training but nobody should brag about the 137 COC3 they closed (to me it's cheating the feat). I hope this isn't the trend for MM0 cuz that dilutes the cert, not that I care personally. But I know some have worked very hard and certed on tough 3s... Just saying

• Like 2

500 for a gripper?? Why? Is it because its such as easy 3?? I can understand needing it to bridge gaps in training but nobody should brag about the 137 COC3 they closed (to me it's cheating the feat). I hope this isn't the trend for MM0 cuz that dilutes the cert, not that I care personally. But I know some have worked very hard and certed on tough 3s... Just saying

These are guys that only wanted the #3 for their collection, Jon. I don't think this is a trend for MM0, partly because it's hard to find a #3 under 140lbs. Back when I was RGC rating hundreds of grippers, I actually rated one #3 that was easier and one #3 that tied the 137lb rating.

It wouldn't bother me if someone used a super easy #3 for the MM0 cert. You don't get "credit" for MM0 certing on a 160lb #3 vs. a 140lb #3. There is "bragging rights," but to me it's all about progression. If you MM0 cert on a 140lb #3, the step to MM1 is going to be a pretty big jump. So get another #3 and train your way up to it.

I would only think it was close to "cheating" if someone claimed the gripper was much harder than what it actually was. Most grip guys openly state what their grippers rate if they have RGC rated grippers.

You're definitely right about "bragging" about closing the 137lb #3. But some very proud guys have counted it as their first #3 close. And then gone on to close harder and harder #3s (and well beyond, for a few of them). My 137lb #3 has never been used as a MM0 gripper (or COC cert gripper) by anyone. Jon, I don't think you were "accusing" me of using the super easy #3 for my (or loaning it to others) MM0 cert, but just for full disclosure, I threw that out there about it never being used for any cert.

I can understand (to some degree) the guys that get a bit upset when "easy" #3s are discussed. I think they take it as some kind of personal affront to the "spirit of the feat" - and to those guys I'd say they can go the opposite route. Find the hardest #3 in existence and use that as their MM0.

Easy #3s are not evil. :grin: They're just tools to get to the next level. I will always be thankful for the 137lb #3 because I used it to work my way up the TNS ladder to much harder grippers. I could've used any gripper with that rating, but it was admittedly a nice mental "boost" to use an actual #3. The #3 I used before the 137lb #3 was an extendable-handled modified #3 that Tmmicklabs (my buddy Travis Mickelberry) loaned to me for a while. My guesstimate is that it felt like a 120lb gripper in the easiest setting and was mid-140lbs in its unmodified state.

MM1 is still the same for everybody

Amen to that. :grin:

• Like 1

I have to agree with Jon on this one, guys. I have a 143 rated 3 that I got to train with and also because of the exclusivity of an easy three, but even when I do close it, I will not submit that video for mm0. Only when I can close my 147 or 152 3 will I submit. I know a 3 is a 3 but I'd rather not be the guy that got on the ladder with an easier gripper than the overwhelming majority.

• Like 1

I have to agree with Jon on this one, guys. I have a 143 rated 3 that I got to train with and also because of the exclusivity of an easy three, but even when I do close it, I will not submit that video for mm0. Only when I can close my 147 or 152 3 will I submit. I know a 3 is a 3 but I'd rather not be the guy that got on the ladder with an easier gripper than the overwhelming majority.

I don't disagree with you, but MM0 isn't really a cert, its just the opportunity to start climbing the ladder. I think when I am closing my 144 I will probably submit that. When I close my 151 regularly its time for the MM1 anyway.

I don't disagree with you, but MM0 isn't really a cert, its just the opportunity to start climbing the ladder. I think when I am closing my 144 I will probably submit that. When I close my 151 regularly its time for the MM1 anyway.

Also a good point. I think we can both agree that avidly searching for an "easy 3" to get mm0 on isn't the way to go. If one places an order and randomly gets an easier 3, then that's that. But if you can already close a 140 gripper, don't spend the time looking for a 140 3, spend the time getting stronger for a harder gripper.

All this said, as a gripper collector, damn i wouldve loved to scoop up that 140 for my collection. Who the hell is online at 9pm on a friday anyway :mad