Pvc Bandbell [bamboo] Bar

hellswindstaff

I couldn't find the thread regarding this bar. I believe that the grey PVC piping [electrical] was recommended over the white PVC piping [plumbing]... why was this?

Edited by hellswindstaff

Guest Squat More

Schedule 80 pvc pipe is the best because it is flexible and will not crack - many highland games throwers have used this stuff for their hammers because it is so durable. If you can find three different diameters that fit inside each other it will replicate the bandbell bar to a certain weight put on it. If you are a big bencher, might want to just invest in the original bandbell barbell.

And for the record the bandbell is not real bamboo but fiberglass.

EDIT: Here is the thread http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=38818

Edited by Squat More

I actually purchased a 1.5in diameter white PVC a few days ago and had it cut to 8ft. Do you think that it will hold up?

p.s.- it still seems pretty flexible.

Guest Squat More

Well, you can try it but I would lean towards no. While it may seem flexible it isn't schedule 80, it will snap/crack. Get the stuff that guys who have made their own recommend, or get injured from some freak accident. Your call.

Also my pvc bandbell set up is only six and a half feet long. Why 8 feet when 6.5 works just as well.

Edited by Squat More