Ttk Worth It For Me

Old Dax

Hey guys, I like the look of the TTK made by Gladiator grip (and the price!). However, I'm not sure the TTK will be suitable for me with my particular difficulty: I cannot supinate my forearm / hand very well. If you imagine this set up: forearm at right angle to upper arm, forearm parallel to ground and palm down (fingers extended and pointing directly foreward) as I supinate my right hand I can get about 110 degrees of rotation, on the left side it is better at about 140 degrees.

This obviously rules out normal curls etc (DB hammer curls work fine) but jus wondering if it would rule out effective thumb training on a TTK.

I have had the exact same issue for years (along with not being able to totally extend that elbow) - even went to the VA for therapy on the problem - with very limited progress. They even discussed breaking my arm at one point but it isn't a big enough problem for me to consider that as a solution. Perhaps consider making up a spring clamp as has been shown here on the board - you can hold it at any angle you desire and get the same effect as a TTK . I have used a TTK and a clamp and both do the job. You will need to make more than one clamp for a progression - either that on you can use rubber bands to micro load the clamp. Good Luck!

Thanks Climber, I have a clamp (just the one) it's OK just hoping for something better. Apparently it's an overgrowth of bone in the elbow thats my problem.

Another item that I really like for pinch training is the Ivanko Super Gripper. Many different positions and strength levels and the portability make it a favourite.