Brent's Log

barbe705

wednesday

I was beat up a little from last thursday and then I had a hectic first part of the week.

plate curls 3x3 25#+10# can't seem to get the 4th rep. I think it's because I keep changing plates.

around the worlds 3 sets 2x45#.

reverse wrist curls 3x5 60# I think I need to move up on these the next workout or so.

wrist curls. sets or five. work my way through the fixed barbells from 60-90. could easily have gone on but was pressed for time.

another crappy week

tuesday

2hpinch worked up to 150. that's a new pr on the plates at home.

I pulled 140 many times while I cleaned the basement. Mythumb web got cut by the plates. I need to keep an open for some better 45's.

3 set drop passes 37.5# hex

3 sets drop passes 32.5# hex

in between all that I ripped 6 phonebooks. Getting much more consistant with form.

Edited by barbe705

First time I read your log tonight. Nice work. I am trying to work on my wrist strength and would like to be able to do a couple reps with a 25# plate. Now I can't do a good quality rep with 2-10's. Any advice. What has worked for you?

I had just looked at my schedule for the summer and realized how close the mgc was. So, I haven't done any 2" vbar since last summer but, I plan to start. Plus it's warm enough in the basement now that I don't have to do most of my work at the gym.

Some good gripping here Brent! Are you doing any 2" vbar for the MGC6?

wednesday

lots of tns explosive close on my newly filed coc#2. Like the feel of the filed gripper. I might do this to a couple of others.

played around with the 8# sledge. nothing too structured.

tuesday

4 x10 8# hammer rotations

2"vbar 4x1 210# both hands

8x1 180# both hands

during the vbar sets I did 3x5 hammer curls with 20# blobs.

wednesday

5x1 right hand bbgm left hand bbsm both were hit or miss depending on how long I rested.

5x1 5 second holds on clamped coc#3. both hands

tns explosive closes with coc#2 filed. many through the rest of the night.

thursday

2 60d nails DO

1 g5 6" "jh" easy

6" G8-> 2.25. New PR. I think I could have completed it if I had been wrmed up. That was in about 1 minute. Then I stalled. I could feel it move but, move right back.

sledge lever front 5x5 #3

sledge lever rear 5x5 #2

thanks man. I'm skipping a wedding to make the MI contest so, my wife is on me to start training more.

Nice bending! Also good work on the 2" vbar.

You are a lucky man if your wife is encouraging you to train more! I'm lucky in that my wife is the same way. Most guys are not so lucky.

I know. She reminds me of that a lot.

You are a lucky man if your wife is encouraging you to train more! I'm lucky in that my wife is the same way. Most guys are not so lucky.

friday gym work

3x10 stiff leg deadlifts on axle 180

plate curls3x3 25#+10#

reverse wrist curls 3x5 60# easy. time to move up.

wrist curls 3x5 100# painful but easy. I think I need to use a bench rather than my knees.

saturday

after throwing I had to tape up my thumb. I was hooking it and my nail started to come up. I guess I clipped it too short.so, with hands taped up

5x1 2hp 140#. I tried 145 and could not get it to budge. I guess the tape was slick.

4x10 8# sledge rotations.

ripped 3 greater pittsburgh phonebooks.

ripped a small size greater pittsburgh(the half size ones.) the little one was very hard. not enough to grip.

I was doing the books on the back step while the dog was chewing a gross bone. He was almost done so I got a piece of 4' 3/8" hot rolled round and scrolled it. By this point my hands were pretty tired. Like everything else, practice required. I was having trouble bracing it and bending. But, it was very fun.

Sunday

built/hung wrist roller in basement

spent too long working up in eight and screwing around. Got up to 50# both ways x2 for 2 sets. I think 70# would be better if I hadn't taken such small steps working up.

tuesday at home

2"vbar

215x2

225x2

230 broke ground

215x3

all pulls were both hands

wrist rollerx2 @ 60# pretty stout. I don't think I'll need to move up the weight for a while.

2 great pittsburgh yellow pages.

wednesday

4 sets around the worlds with 2x45#

reverse wrist curls 3x5 70#

thursday

5x1 bbsm. tns right, deep set left. Left hand was off by 1/4 inch and right was on 4 out of 5. Grippers felt weird tonight.

7x1 clamped coc#3

bent DO 23 pieces of different stuff I had started. DU and reverse bends I didn't finish. it was a good volume workout.

1/4"x6" grade 5. this was pretty tough after the volume work. I wanted to take a little break after the grade 8 last week. Next week I need to ramp it up again.

3x5 front levers 10# sledge

3x5 rear levers 10# sledge

sunday

while cleaning basement and building new grip tool.

2HP 140#x2

150#x1 I really need to get new plates. Even with tape my thumbs are getting cut up.

1hp(both hands)

5x10#+10 x3

5x10#+15 x3

5x10#+20x2

drop passes with blob25# 2x10

some random block weight work as I passed 37.53.

poor man's rolling thunder(which I just built)

115x1

125x1

135x1

145x1

155x1

165x2

I think my right hand was tired from all the cleaning and work because I was having trouble with the Rt. the left felt like it had a bit more in it but, it was getting late.

monday

3x5 plate curls 25+10

2 ses around the worlds 2x45#. Hands very tired from Sunday.

reverse wrist curls 3x5 70#

tuesday

2" vbar

210-1

230-1

235-1

240-1

245-1

250-broke ground. And left hand was better than right. weird.

2 sets with wrist roller. 60# each set is up and down both sides.

tuesday

2" vbar

210-1

230-1

235-1

240-1

245-1

250-broke ground. And left hand was better than right. weird.

2 sets with wrist roller. 60# each set is up and down both sides.

Great vbar pulling Brent! Isn't that a PR for you or am I misremembering?