Destination:certification

Hubgeezer

The last year has been one of the toughest years of my life. I spent 200 hours on the road driving to my brother's place cleaning out his personal effects, and that is just traveling, with another 300 hours actually doing the work itself. Thirty-five trips to the Yolo County California Land Fill. 

My wife went nearly blind three times between November and August, but Stanford and other doctors saved her remaining eye. About three months ago, I realized that I needed to stop training for KIng Kong, and back off of training completely while I get caught up at work, which is quite a task in itself.

I suppose if you live long enough, this happens to many people. I do plan on getting back to it, and in particular, work on overall body strength. Can I improve to the point where I could hit PRs for strength? I believe I can, but we will see. 

There is a LA KK this year, but this time it is not being run by Haugen.  It is going to be Will Giuliani, who has been a contestant at the last 4 KK's ( I think). If that was not going to happen, I was thinking about traveling to Texas for the KK there. Why? it's closer to me than most of the venues, and it sounds fun. 

Bye for now,

Hbgzr

• Like 7

• 1 year later...

@HubgeezerI hope you're still alive and gripping! One of my relatives Googled my name a few days ago, and told me they found your training log. 

Edited by Mashmonster268

35 minutes ago, Mashmonster268 said:

@HubgeezerI hope you're still alive and gripping! 

Hi Ben. Did not recognize “Mashmonster 268”.

To quote the great late Johnny Winter in a song:

Still alive and well I’m still alive and well

Every now and then I know it’s kinda hard to tell

But I’m still alive and well

Best,

Mike C

aka Hubgeezer

• Like 4

For the record, Johnny Winter was Stanley Pleskun aka Stanless Steel's favorite guitar player. He told me he saw him play many times. The link to Still Alive and Well:

• Like 2