Pinkie Injury

Alawadhi

Hey

Several weeks back I tried to hold shut my bbe at 175 with my right and I almost did it. Maybe it opened very little 2mm or so. Anyway I did with my left hand. Set the gripper and force it shut on my left knees. Got opened after releasing from my left knees but tried my beat to keep it in place. Next day I have pain in my left hand small finger. I could still close a 2 but it was painful. Even a T was painful. This was maybe mid June. Today the pain is much less but still there is. And no I didn't train from that time. I use hot bath and sometimes I use very cold water filled with ice. As I said rest was helpful but still it is there. Anyone have any idea? And yes I hate doing to doctors some are just so negative

Edited by Alawadhi

Bone bruise or hyper-extension of a tendon. Either way you need to rest more. You're past the point of needing or wanting to use contrast baths. I'd stick with heat only and mild mild massage of painful area.

• Like 3

I've had similar type of problems both with my middle finger and pinky. Middle finger took six months to heal completely. Rest is the only way to recover from this. It always became worse for me if I trained hard. So I had to do very light training with that hand for a long while and increase the load gradually. It was really frustrating since I lost some strength in that hand but I became better with my off hand during that period.

Edited by Fist of Fury
  • Like 2

Could be a partial tear of an A2 tendon pulley. Had something like that on my ring finger. Took about 3-4 months to heal.

Stretch and bend it frequently and don't do anything that hurts. Rest it, give it time and very gradually ease back into grip training.

Edited by Royz
  • Like 2

I did something similar in February to the middle and ring fingers of my right hand. Not training related, I was carrying a large spool of fiber optic cable with one hand by the inside of the spool. I knew to carry it with both hands but whatever. Just now to the point of not being swollen and tender.

• Like 1

Thanks guys will go by your advice. Then I'll train my right hand for grip and will avoid anything that will trigger the pain

Done this and similar stuff a few times. The contrast baths have been a staple for injury recovery, as well as extremely high volume with extremely light weight to flush the area with blood, and even self massage has been good for me.

• Like 1

Done this and similar stuff a few times. The contrast baths have been a staple for injury recovery, as well as extremely high volume with extremely light weight to flush the area with blood, and even self massage has been good for me.

For me this long after an injury contrast baths made me sick. The extreme cold to extreme heat always made me nauseous and sometimes puke. It's crazy I know, but it happens to me. Right after the injury my body reacts great to it. I've found that heat, Moist heat, works best for days, weeks or months later. Like microwave a wet dish rag.

The key is to experiment and find what works for you. I'd also say eat vitamin c and greens. But not greens rich in vitamin k as that will promote bruising and clotting.

• Like 1

So experimenting is the key here. I'll try hot and cold bath, massages, and light stretches. Throw in few closes of store bought grippers and eat well (as suggested food rich in vitamin c)