Mi Grip Championship 2014

Andrew P

Good to hear Frank, it will be good to meet you.

It's been awhile since I've done 2hp in a contest, maybe since the 2011 WSH, is 52mm one of the widths we can use? That's what I've been using at home but they are homemade rubber inserts from conveyor belts so I figured Id ask in case I need to make a last minute adjustment .

I have a #3 I would like to trade at the contest for a grandmaster or any rated gripper besides RB that falls in the 135-145 range. I need a stepping stone for CCS work from my 2.5 to my 3. I'll even throw in $5 if it's a rated gripper.

Let me know and I'll bring it to the contest.

I think it's a 2011 #3 if that matters

Forgot to mention I also have a Zenith #2 and 3 I would sell for $20 each or trade for the above mentioned gripper.

I have a #3 I would like to trade at the contest for a grandmaster or any rated gripper besides RB that falls in the 135-145 range. I need a stepping stone for CCS work from my 2.5 to my 3. I'll even throw in $5 if it's a rated gripper.

Let me know and I'll bring it to the contest.

I think it's a 2011 #3 if that matters

I have a 135 and a 141 Heavy Grip 300...

Head to Head with Darrin Shallman and Eric Milfeld!!!

• Like 1

I would be willing to trade my wrist developer for a GHP 7, GHP 8 and the GHP block. There is a picture of it in my gallery. It has the gold spring and one extra notch cut at the bottom for an extra eaiser level.

Eric, thanks I'll take whichever one has the wider spread.

The 141 is the wider at 2 3/8". Is that too narrow?

Thanks for letting me know. Yeah it would be too narrow since it's for CCS work only. Sorry the trade won't work, I appreciate your offer.

No problem, Jeff.

I think Stew and I will be coming. Sorry for the late notice but had some stuff and was not sure if I could make it till this week. I will be competing for sure don't know if Stew will or not but will be coming. I have not been training grip at all so we will see how much i suck. :) I will try to get my entry in soon.

I think Stew and I will be coming. Sorry for the late notice but had some stuff and was not sure if I could make it till this week. I will be competing for sure don't know if Stew will or not but will be coming. I have not been training grip at all so we will see how much i suck. :) I will try to get my entry in soon.

Glad to hear you guys can make it!

This is 5.5hrs from me. Is there ever any contests in WI? No cheese eating contest jokes...

This is 5.5hrs from me. Is there ever any contests in WI? No cheese eating contest jokes..

None that I've ever heard of.

MGC gets better.

I heard from Jerri today that Don will be deadlifting after the grip contest in lieu of entering a meet for his 6th decade of lifting. We are all invited to join in. Don will have everyone interested weigh in and Gary Chapman will be judging. Same rules as a deadlift meet.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

MGC gets better.

I heard from Jerri today that Don will be deadlifting after the grip contest in lieu of entering a meet for his 6th decade of lifting. We are all invited to join in. Don will have everyone interested weigh in and Gary Chapman will be judging. Same rules as a deadlift meet.

If my back feels up to it after the Farmers Deadlift event I will certainly take part.

You and Nick R will be doing pretty good in that farmer's pick I think.

I'll be deadlifting for sure. I might be in shape to do OK.

I'll be staying at the Holiday inn express. I would love to get together with anyone coming into town early. We have usually gone to Applebee's, which is near the hotels in town, the night before the competition.

My phone number is 231-715-0402 if anyone wants to coordinate getting together before the competition. Thank again to Andy for help making this happen, I've always looked at this as a contest for the Michigan guys and what they want- Andy and Darrin are the most active now and are keeping the sport alive in Michigan, and I thank them for the enthusiasm to keep this going.

• Like 1

I've already made my reservations for Friday and Saturday at the same hotel. Not sure what time I'll be arriving Friday. I may even start the drive up on Thursday so I can arrive earlier on Friday.

Yeah, Nick is definitely strong on the farmers!

Bob, I hope my body weight is low enough Friday night so I can eat more than a celery stick and one light beer with you. I've a few pounds to go to make 183.

Looking forward to the contest, it will be my second. The first time I met some of you there at the same location last Nov. Don's dead lift sounds cool too. Might try it out if I have any arms left. Will be there with Jeff and Kong, as Jeff said already. It is a good time, might do a little better this time in some of the stuff, the farmers and 2 hand lever is new to me. Wish we were doing blobs tho, that was my strongest event!!

• Like 1

I hope so too Eric! For grip stuff, I am well within 230 so I don't have to worry.

Maybe blobs next year! They seem to be pretty regular in our contest.

My pinch is useless, and I might get a 3 with a block. Going for a good show on the rest. Gonna talk over some details with Andy this week and hopefully have everything all set. I will be getting beer and snacks for the day of the comp, and a few modest prizes. Planning on having a gold, silver, and bronze sledgehammer for the first three places.

I should probably be in town around 5 at the latest on Friday. My wife has class until noon, and we should leave soon after that.

• Like 1

Excellent, Bob! Very much looking forward to joining you guys!

Wish we were doing blobs tho, that was my strongest event!!

I'll drop a teaser. The bonus local event at the end of the King Kong this fall will be a blob medley that has as 22+ blobs ranging from half a york 50 to a super slick Fatman.

Wish we were doing blobs tho, that was my strongest event!!

I'll drop a teaser. The bonus local event at the end of the King Kong this fall will be a blob medley that has as 22+ blobs ranging from half a york 50 to a super slick Fatman.

WOW...that sounds awesome! That will keep me focused. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Don, Bob, Andrew for putting on another great grip contest. It was well run, relaxed, and fun. I had a great time and got alot of motivation and tips from people. It was good to meet new people and see some great feats. Congrats to the winners. Thanks to Jerri for cooking up some great chili and it was great to see Don's record breaking deadlift. Great job guys.

Adam. Your performace at the farmers pick was crazy to say the least.

• Like 1