Ultimate Blob Challenge......!

1stCoC

Back on topic, I own a fat man clone that is the hardest blob I have put my hands on. Paul has it right now in Ohio.

There are some tough ones out there. I always stress the it is not about the weight ( only 50 lbs) it is the unique convex bowed shape of the piece that makes the difficulty level. Brian Shaw is a super handed giant and he honestly works at thickbar and grip tools wether he competes at grip or not he is well prepared. Wade and Chad are both forces to recon with in wide pinching of blob type objects and plates Both of them have shown me superior world class skills. Chads anvil and deep dish 45 lb plate pinching was and is the best I have ever seen.

Picture has been put up by Wannagrip. I saw it today. Can anyone identify the age , make, or brand ? Even though it has those flat hex type spots on the globed ends it seems quite old. It is different than any dumbbell I have seen.

I sent the picture of my intended "Ultimate Blob dumbbell "to several collectors out there one being one of the worlds foremost..... Ivanko's owner Tom Lincir. He instantly said it looked old and would do more research on it before I damaged a piece of history. Anxious to find out more . He has a fantastic level of knowledge and love of the history and form of iron lifting devices.

• 2 weeks later...

Still with the handles attached the Ultimate may be unliftable. Are their any video feats of Brian at his best in pinch grip. He certainly has the talent and work ethic. I will check the width this afternoon but Chad pinch lifted my straight slick sided anvil of a 100lb weight. Seen hundreds of good ones try it with no success except Chad. I am almost positive it is at least 4 1/2 wide. I will get the exact measurement. It was really hard for me with 7 7/8" hand back in the day. It was not an every day thing. Perhaps a giant handed individual will haul it up like nothing but NO one else have I ever seen to get it even an inch off the ground. Hmmmm think its easy.......?..... Not

Anvil of 100 lb weight is 4.5 inches wide. Just checked with steel tape. I have not weighed it on a certified scale.

I am evaluating this years Arnold's Sports festival Mighty Mitts grip contest equipment and this Ultimate Blob might wind up on stage as a side event/ tie breaker for the "World" to try. To double hand pinch this thing after looking at it every day for over a year now seems an potentially impossible task. We will try to make the events both solid grip related activities but crowd involving and crowd pleasing as well. I have researched lately that the FIRST recorded visual representation of "their being "by modern man about 40,800 years ago was a tracing in a French cave of a man's hand . When ever the importance of grip is discussed remember the first statement ever made by modern man was of that fabulous tool ......the hand. Think of it!

• Like 1