Member For International Grip Collective Needed

Jedd Johnson

Adam Glass has stepped down from the IGC due to schedule conflicts. We thank him fo rhis time in the group and wish him well with his endeavors.

We would like to hold nominations and voting for a 5th member of the IGC once again.

A 5th member is essential for tie breaking when there is a vote within the group.

The main thing needed is to be able to take part in discussions around the various topics that might come up.

There may be some writing involved at some point. For instance, we put out a book of rules last year that required some writing.

Please post here if you are interested in joining the group. There is no minimum time of experience in grip that is necessary. We mainly just look for someone who is engaged around helping to make the sport grow.

Let's take volunteers/nominations for a week (until Jan. 24) and then I will start a poll here at GB to see whom will be elected. David will post on his forum as well, as per past elections.

Thanks,

Jedd

I'll nominate Eric Roussin. He brings a different perspective to things and is passionate about grip, well spoken and has good writing skills.

i nominate Chez. dude is very positive, has a great outlook on all aspects of grip, has a very solid rep among GB members, and also seems to be able to address any topic with a fair an unbias opinion.

excellent idea...the man is passionate. i would hope he has also learned a thing or two about dealing with things in a fair way. i second that vote. hope he is up for it.

I got an email asking what are the requirements to putting your name forward for the collective.

I guess there are no “requirements” but I think the following would certainly be helpful

• Some grip strength competition experience as either a competitor or a promoter – basically not be new to the sport
  • Be familiar with all the various implements normally used in grip sport and the rules under which they have been used
  • Be relatively competent in the English language
  • Have their name put forward – of put it forward yourself
  • Most importantly have the time and desire to further develop the sport – the last two people who have resigned have done so due to simply being too busy in their regular life.
  • I guess the only “requirement” is to garner the most votes during the poll really

I got an email asking what are the requirements to putting your name forward for the collective.

I guess there are no “requirements” but I think the following would certainly be helpful

• Some grip strength competition experience as either a competitor or a promoter – basically not be new to the sport
  • Be familiar with all the various implements normally used in grip sport and the rules under which they have been used
  • Be relatively competent in the English language
  • Have their name put forward – of put it forward yourself
  • Most importantly have the time and desire to further develop the sport – the last two people who have resigned have done so due to simply being too busy in their regular life.
  • I guess the only “requirement” is to garner the most votes during the poll really

wow.

In explanation - I mean it would be difficult if you had to translate everything in our forum discussions back and forth through Babblefish or something - not that you have to be an English teacher etc.

I left out a word above. You can also volunteer to be a member as well, as in, nominate yourself. Someone does not have to do it for you.

I would say the other requirement , in addition to what Chris wrote above, is to be available to check into our forum a few times a week and be available to take a role in discussions. So, time is somewhat of a requirement, but it's not like we are working on this for an entire day every week.

Thanks.

Jedd

I'm flattered by the nomination, and I accept it. I feel that I meet all of the requirements. I've done a lot of similar work in armwrestling in Canada over the past six years.

I also second Chez's nomination.

• Like 4

Thanks for the nominations guys. I know I don't have the experience of the other guys, but I would love to be a part of the collective. I'll work as hard as a member as I do in my training.

• Like 4

Great idea,

As I stated in David's forum I would like to nominate myself.

I've been working for several months on promoting Grip Sport in my country as anyone who's my facebook friend can see with all the videos, workshops and exibitions lately. I even been talking with David on doing some European competition during the WPC European that will be held in my country later this year. This with be some good motivation for me to keep the work I've been doing and try to do better in the future.

Thank you

I'm not sure if he's interested, but I also think Kashtan would be an excellent candidate.

Brent Barbe

• Like 2

Who are the four members currently on the IGC?

Aaron Cocorran (sp?)

David Horne

Jedd Johnson

Chris Rice

Who are the four members currently on the IGC?

Aaron Cocorran (sp?)

David Horne

Jedd Johnson

Chris Rice

You were close Chris :)

Aaron Corcorran

I think Chez is good choice.

I'd agree except for the caveat below.

Be relatively competent in the English language

Chez will soon be a lawyer...I'm not sure they use English. :laugh:laugh:laugh

• Like 2

I think before voting begins - we should ask everyone nominated if they are interested and feel they have the time to devote.

I think before voting begins - we should ask everyone nominated if they are interested and feel they have the time to devote.

Absolutely.

We still have a few days to nominate new potential members and for folks to volunteer. Please put your name forward f you are interested in working with us to grow grip.

Thanks.

Jedd

Bump, anybody else wanna throw their name in the hat. You got one more day to add it.

- Aaron

The 24th Jan has gone, so we have four who have put their name forward.

I'm just checking before we start a poll?

Eric Roussin (Canada)

Cesare "Chez" Ricchezza (USA)

Nuno Couto (Portugal)

Brent Barbe (USA)