Advice On Ironmind Tug

Dogchapman7

Hi could anyone give me some advice on the Im tugs. I wanna start training my thumb more. I have all heavy grips and coc grippers. I'm not very strong in grip strength yet I mainly work with my 150 for warming up my #1 for 10 my "1.5 for 5 then my 200 for 1 maybe 3 if I'm on form. Can't close a #2 or 250 yet. only other grip work I do is thick grip adapters for curls I prefer extremes on lighter dba and manus on heavier. Would a im tug #3 be too much for my pinch grip thumb training? The site I'm buying from says the tug3 is right for pinching if your working on a trainer or #1 but would prefer some experienced advice I wanna start off light so I can get good use as my thumb has never been trained

Edited by Dogchapman7
  • Like 1

Just tried it and tug 3 feels good for my stronger hand. No succes with my left. I am about coc 2.5 level on grippers and pinching is my strong suit. With this information i doubt that tug 3 is good for coc trainer level.

• Like 1

Thanks very much brother think I'll start with a 2 then. Least that way if it's too weak I'll still get use high rep wise till number 3 rather than no use if it's too strong

I have the imtug 3 and 5 and a few pony clamps. If you get imtug 3 and can’t close it with the thumb you can do assisted closes instead (very easy to do with imtugs). But I feel that I train my pinch grip better with other methods vs grippers.

I have the imtug 3 and 5 and a few pony clamps. If you get imtug 3 and can’t close it with the thumb you can do assisted closes instead (very easy to do with imtugs). But I feel that I train my pinch grip better with other methods vs grippers.

i am not sure if it's allowed to advertise on here. but i find that David Horne's thumbscrews are great for pinch, and thumb strength. of course you have to buy the Vulcan gripper first. but it will last a lifetime. well, that is only my opinion. thank you.

• Like 2

i am not sure if it's allowed to advertise on here. but i find that David Horne's thumbscrews are great for pinch, and thumb strength. of course you have to buy the Vulcan gripper first. but it will last a lifetime. well, that is only my opinion. thank you.

My favorite tool also.

Actually you can put Thumbscrews on normal grippers.

I think that Robert Baraban's pinch grip converter is good for that as well. It's on Amazon. I don't have it but I'm considering it.

I'd like to get some stuff from David Horne's website. Do people in the US have good experience with shipping?

I'd like to get some stuff from David Horne's website. Do people in the US have good experience with shipping?

I've bought a few things from them and never have any problems with them. Does take time with shipping but that's just a minor facet.

• Like 1

I have the imtug 3 and 5 and a few pony clamps. If you get imtug 3 and cant close it with the thumb you can do assisted closes instead (very easy to do with imtugs). But I feel that I train my pinch grip better with other methods vs grippers.

The Vulcan with an orange spring and thumb screws is pretty much the desert island grip setup IMO. One could build a hell of a grip with just that.
  • Like 1