Josh's Mm0 Challenge

GrassMaine89

Thanks for showing the vulcan work mate much appreciated!

Seems like you need something in the 155lb zone to work towards.

Strong closes on all videos

Thanks for showing the vulcan work mate much appreciated!

Seems like you need something in the 155lb zone to work towards.

Strong closes on all videos

Thanks man...ya I'm hoping to buy a couple grippers in the 155-160 progression out of the new RB series from CPW...we'll see how it works...haven't had much luck finding that range anywhere else

• Like 1

05/24/2015

Squats

• 135 lbs. x 10
  • 225 lbs. x 10
  • 315 lbs. x 10
  • 405 lbs. x 10

I am still taking these slow due to my back, however these felt alright...my back was tight, but not painful...I'll push harder next workout (I'm a fat guy, I had sweat dripping off me)

IM Hub (left)

• 35 lbs x 3
  • 45 lbs x 1 x 5
  • 47.5 lbs x 1 x 4 PR

EYHB

• yellow x 20
  • blue x 20
  • red x 20 x 3

Grippers

• R CoC # 3 147 lbs x 1 x 3...These were all on video to try and get my off hand MM0 cert...2 of the videos were decent, right now I'm trying to upload them...I had Metallica playing in the background and I think it's being flagged for copyright...if that's the case I'll do more attempts next time without any music...this had never crossed my mind before
  • L GHP 7 152 lbs x 1....this was just for giggles...no warm up, crushed it...this gripper seems to be falling much more often, can't wait to buy something higher on the ladder

nevermind

Edited by GrassMaine89

here is one that I didn't like...hard to see the close....still can't get youtube to accept the video I wanted to put forth for MM0 off hand

Edited by GrassMaine89

After reviewing it I decided not to use it...I didn't show the gripper handles as clear as I thought...no big deal I've closed this gripper numerous times off hand

05/26/2015

Bench

• 135 lbs x 10
  • 225 lbs x 10
  • 420 lbs x 1
  • 410 lbs x 1
  • 405 lbs x 1 miss on 2

Grippers

• LR CoC 1 TNS x 5
  • LR CoC 2 TNS x 3
  • LR CoC 2.5 130 lbs x 1
  • R CoC 3 147 lbs x 1
  • L GHP 7 152 lbs x 3

My initial closes felt like I was in beast mode...and then as quickly as it came it went away...I'm going to rest grippers until I receive my order from CPW...until then I will do pinch grip and strength exercises...PS I'm fighting with YouTube again but I will put videos of 2 GHP closes and I'm going to send the off hand CoC 3 attempt for MM0...(I'm practicing my video technique so I am ready when I finally attempt MM1)

I misunderstood the rules...I thought you needed to submit offhand MM0 to attempt MM1 off hand...apparently you do not so I'll post my video here (rookie mistake).

• Like 1

Give that man a cigar..stout closes man.

lol thanks man

05/29/2015

Seated OHP

• 135 lbs x 10
  • 225 lbs x 3 PR video below
  • 225 lbs x 2
  • 225 lbs x 2
  • 205 lbs x 4

Just a little heavy lifting to keep me fired up for the arrival of my new grippers tomorrow...prior to this workout I had never pressed 225, it always failed

• Like 2

05-30-2015

Squats

135 lbs x 10

225 lbs x 10

315 lbs x 10

405 lbs x 3

Grippers (bs is ghp 1.5 inch)

LR CoC 1 bs x 10

LR CoC 2 bs x 5

L CoC LT 3 155 lbs x 2 singles PR

R CoC 3 147 lbs x 1

R GM 141 lbs x 3 singles

Had a few misses throughout that I didn't write down...missed a CPW 330 N 160 lbs paper thin...right hand same close miss with GHP 152 lbs...stamina is crap...after this missed everything on the ladder back down

• Like 1

05/29/2015

Seated OHP

• 135 lbs x 10
  • 225 lbs x 3 PR video below
  • 225 lbs x 2
  • 225 lbs x 2
  • 205 lbs x 4

Just a little heavy lifting to keep me fired up for the arrival of my new grippers tomorrow...prior to this workout I had never pressed 225, it always failed

Strong pressing!!

• Like 1

Strong pressing!!

thanks man

06-01-2015

I have a big paper due this week so I tried to squeeze in a workout today...there was nothing there...315 on the bench felt heavy, all my lifts were awful feeling...for once I listened to my body and just decided I would take a break until around Saturday...might hit up some other lifts in between like squats or deads, but bench, grippers, and pinch all need to wait

06-05-2015

Squats

• 405 lbs x 3
  • 455 lbs x 2 Video Below
  • 475 lbs x 2
  • 405 lbs x 10

I am posting the video on strength and power to get technique help...my technique is not great (better than it used to be)...some reps are at parallel and some above...looking for over all technique advice and maybe flexibility advice as it pertains to squats.

• Like 1

Attempted a workout today...I am completely fried...I ended up doing some rolling thunder work...I did singles with 165 lbs and worked my way down to singles with 145 lbs. I'm going to try and hold off on grippers until Thursday-Saturday range. I will continue to focus on the 3 power lifts until then

Did some grippers tonight...warmup felt great...tried my 160 Cpw and almost had it..after that I had nothing...the highlights were a CCS 2.5 130 lbs...off hand 20 mm BS 147 #3...then a bunch of 20 mm BS 141 Gm...I also did a ton of them work with my vulcan...going to revamp my program...too focussed on PR...going to do Block sets and only move up after I get 3 singles in a workout...my inability to be disciplined with max attempts is completely ruining my progress

Edited by GrassMaine89

I've got kind of a random training story to log...first some background information...when I was younger, probably 8th grade I tried one of those arcade grip machines with my dad and brother...my dad won and my brother came in 2nd...the machine labeled my grip as "clown"...it crushed me...well I was on vacation to watch live MMA this week...my dad and I walked by one of these machines...we had a rematch and I finally redeemed myself...I maxed out the machine...I will say my dad got "gorilla grip"...he has always been naturally strong...he NS closed a 2 1st try and brought a 3 NS well past parallel...kind of a goofy story but this was one of the things that got me into grip and strength training

• Like 1

6-15-2015

Squats

135 x 5 paused at bottom

225 x 5 paused at bottom

455 x 2

475 x 3

500 x 3

405 x 5

The depth on the working sets was probably parallel or a little above

9114 9999 4431 4204 2097 09

Grippers

2 singles 144 Gm BS 20 mm

Ton of thumbscrews Vulcan sets down to 20 mm and 30 mm

I was definitely not ready for grippers...will continue BS on Saturday s

Edited by GrassMaine89

06-19-2015

Bench

• 135 x 10
  • 225 x 10
  • 315 x 5
  • 405 x 1
  • 385 x 1

Wow what a monstrosity this is...cannot wait for school to settle down so I can consistently hit the big 3 power lifts, all i'm doing now is maintaining

Grippers

• L GM 144 BS 20 mm x 1
  • R GM 141 BS 20 mm x 1
  • L GHP 152 MMS x 2 singles
  • L CoC LT 155 MMS x 3 singles
  • R 141 MMS x 4 singles

My wife surprised me with a camcorder and tripod for fathers day...this means no more fighting for space on the I Pad, and hopefully I'll be able to produce better videos with the camcorder and tripod...this weekend my school semester will be winding down so hoping to hit grippers hard and do some video documentation of the closes

Squatting in powerlifting shoes help in all sorts of ways brother!