Log: Getting As Strong As When I Was 25 By The Time I'm 40

Royz

NO I'M NOT HAVING A MIDLIFE CRISIS.

In fact I started training with weights when I was 16 and still a track athlete. I got hooked on weights and never stopped. But I had seriously lost my focus for a bunch of years due to accumulating injuries and demands of daily life. I continued training 3 times a week, but without focus and real goals it often felt like I was just going through the motions.

About 2,5/3 years ago I 'discovered' gripsport and this started a spark in me and got me back on track again. After almost 3 years i haven't lost any of my new found enthusiasm yet. I'm still sporting many injuries but I'm getting smarter at training around them and avoiding new ones. And I do a lot of rehab on off days. I'm already the strongest I've been since I was 30.

Perhaps there are people on the board which are in a similar situation as me and maybe my log could be helpfull to them. Any advice on training, injury prevention and injury rehab would greatly be appreciated too.

Current injuries:

- Both knees are bad. Since very recently I can do deadlifts again. I can do light legpresses, but no squats for now.

- Curently mild lateral tendonitis in both elbows. I've had serious tendonitis in both elbows and both lateral and medial.

- Back of left shoulder. Can't do normal bench pressing, but I can do it with a narrower grip. Can do heavy dips, but can only do light overhead pressing. I've had numerous other shoulder injuries over the years, both left and right.

Current rehab ( I will try to expand on this in future posts):

- Shoulders: Streching and rubber tubing work 3 times a week.

- Knees: Mainly stretching every day. Quads, hamstrings, calves and hips.

- Hands/elbows: icing after every workout, stretching and massaging everyday. Eccentric wrist extensor work + twisting dumbbell 3 times a week

And now on to the serious stuff. I'm currently 38 and want to hit my all time pr's on a number of lifts. Besides those there are also some gripgoals I want to get in 2014.

General strenght goals 2014/2015:

Benchpress 1x145kg/320lbs (current 1x130kg/286lbs, but with much narrower grip than when I was 25 due to shoulder injury)

Deadlift 1x220kg/485lbs (current 3x170kg/375lbs, only started deadlifting again 3 weeks ago)

Dips bodyweight + 40kg/88lbs x 6reps (got this one! current: bodyweight +50kg/110lbs x 4 reps)

Overhead press 1x100kg/220lbs (this will be the hardest one, I've done 1x90kg/198lbs a couple of months ago, but shoulder got worse after that. On my way back now)

Legs? currently no real goals in this department unfortunately due to chronic knee injury. Pr's all time squat: 6x180kg/386lbs, leg press 12x420kg/925lbs.

Grip goals summer 2014:

Rolling thunder 1x90 kg/198lbs (current 1x85kg left and right)

Grippers right 1x mms #3 left 1x mms #2.5 (current: right 8xmms #2.5/3xmms RB240, left 8xmms #2)

Platecurl 1x20kg/44lbs (current 3x15kg/33lbs - diameter of plate is the same as the 20kg plate, also did an ugly rep with two smaller 10kg plates in one hand)

2HP Currently waiting on David Horne to have his pinch plates back in stock again. (pr with 56mm pinchblock, 1x85kg/187lbs). No idea how this compairs to actual europinch. I think 56mm is slightly too wide for me)

Ok. So that is that. But is it doable? Some pros and cons for me being 25/38.

Pros 25 year old me:

- No serious injuries

- used to train 3-4 times a week

- Faster recovery

Cons 25 year old me:

- Trained more for size than strenght

- Didn't pay much attention to technique

- Didn't know how to programm very well

- Never heard of CNS

Pros 38 year old me:

- Training specifically for strenght not size

- Much more attention to technique

- Thinking about and tweeking my programm constantly

Cons 38 year old me:

- Many many injuries

- I only train twice a week

- Recovery is slower

I think it's doable as long as my body holds together. Fortunately I wasn't THAT strong when I was 25. The overhead press worries me the most.

Sorry for this very lenghty introduction post.

My next post will be a training session and a short overview of the programm I'm currently doing.

Roy

Height: 192cm/6.3"

Weight: 102kg/225lbs

Hand size: right 20cm/7,87", left 20,5cm/8"

Hand span: right/left: 22cm/8,66"

• Like 2

Awesome! Best of luck working towards your goals. We're not 25 anymore, but we're certainly wiser and that goes a long way.

Awesome! Best of luck working towards your goals. We're not 25 anymore, but we're certainly wiser and that goes a long way.

Thanks wojo. We are certainly wiser. Although I still do stupid stuff in the gym occasionaly.

First trainingsession for this log. Tuesday night 20:30-23:00.

General strenght, grippers, pinch and some wrist.

Due to the fact that I've only got time to train twice a week AND I train general strenght and gripstrenght on the same day my routines tend to last fairly long. Mostly about 2,5 hours.

Was planning to do 5x3 for main movements but deviated from that plan because for most exercises it didn't feel right to go that heavy tonight.

Close grip benchpress 5x3 increasing weight every set, last two sets 3x120kg/265lbs - 2x122,5kg/270lbs (grip slightly narrower than shoulder width)

Overhead press (locked knees) 10x50kg/110lbs - 10x60kg/132lbs - 6x 65kg/143lbs - 6x 65kg/143lbs - 6x65kg/143lbs (only mild irritation in shoulder)

Grippers Did grippers in betweens overhead press sets. Kinda hard to explain what I'm doing with grippers currently. I just bought a Silvis adjustable dinosaur hunter gripper from Matt's. I've marked the spring from the hardest setting down to 2cm below that with 2mm increments. Giving me 10 levels. On the T-REX Level 0 is about the same as a hard #2 and level 10 is about a 150ish #3.

Right hand: T-REX level 7x2 / level 7x2 / level 6x3 / level 6x3 / bullet hold approx.15sec. ghp7

Left hand: T-REX level 3x2 / level 3x1 / level 2x2 / level 2x3 / bullet hold approx. 15sec. RB240

DO Deadlift no straps 5x3 increasing weight every set, last set 3x175kg

Dumbbell shrugs with lift up to waist 12x26kg/57lbs - 12x32kg/70lbs - 12x 34kg/75lbs - 12x 38kg/84lbs

Plate pinch one hand lift on to bench Did these in betweens shrug sets. Didn't feel very good, did high reps with 2x10kg/22lbs plate, very wide rims 8cm/3.14" total width.

4x10reps 2x10kg/22lbs plates.

Leg press light 3x20x200kg/440lbs Very easy reps, very mild irritation left knee.

IM Hub (first time!) Did these in between legpresses. First time with hub. Felt very awkward. Also my thums were pretty tired after the plate pinches. Managed 3x4reps x15kg/33lbs. Pretty awfull.

Sitting calf press one leg 15x60kg/132lbs - 15x70kg/154lbs - 8x80kg/176lbs

Wrist curl, roll to fingertips 10x31kg/68lbs - 10x41kg/90lbs - 6x46kg/101lbs

Ab wheel 3x12 Getting better at these very week. First time I could only do like 5 reps.

Iced forearms after workout. Tendonitis didn't feel too bad.

Tomorrow some active recovery for shoulder and forearms. Mostly using (blue) tubing and very light dumbbell.

Next session Saturday. Thickbar and general strenght. Looking forward to working with the rolling thunder again. It's my favorite grip movement at the moment.

Cool stuff Roy, and might I say, you had some good liftingnumbers! Also benchpress is nice! Good to see you keeping this log. Nice write up too.

Hope you can stay in a positive state of health man. 6 x180 squat btw? Strong! Shame about your knees. Sounds like you've been hard for yourself with training.

Good luck with your quest and nice to see a fellow Dutchman keeping log here.

I'll be following! Shame about your injuries. How did you hurt your knee?

Cool stuff Roy, and might I say, you had some good liftingnumbers! Also benchpress is nice! Good to see you keeping this log. Nice write up too.

Hope you can stay in a positive state of health man. 6 x180 squat btw? Strong! Shame about your knees. Sounds like you've been hard for yourself with training.

Good luck with your quest and nice to see a fellow Dutchman keeping log here.

Thanks Geralt! Hopefully I will stay in one piece from now on.

I'll be following! Shame about your injuries. How did you hurt your knee?

I'm not really shure how the knee happened. It first appeared very suddenly when I was on a holiday weekend in London. This was 6-7? Years ago. Therapist says the cartilage is damaged and this can only have come from a sudden trauma like a hard fall, but I can't remember anything like that. Never had any problems with my knees during training before London. So it sucks. Currently I can do the numbers you see in the log and hopefully they will go up slowly without aggravating the knee. Don't expect they will go up to my old level though.

PROGRAMMING

Most of my life I've done a semi-bodybuilding programm. With reps ranging from 6-12 and every set performed to failure. This worked very well the first couple of years. But the first couple of years everything works well. After that when your body has adapted to the weight training it gets much harder. I still went with the no pain-no gain mantra untill my body (literally) crumpled.

Last couple of years I've tried many different things. I tried the biofeedback training as advocated by Adam Glass for about 18 months. I found it to be very interesting. Some of it worked for me, but the testing part is giving me very mixed results. I'm still testing movements on a regular basis but I feel I need a firmer base for my workouts. Some movements I just need to be doing every week if I want to get better at them. Howerever I listing to my body much more now. When something feels too heavy (for that day) I will not force it.

Currently I'm doing something of a hybrid between biofeedback and a powerlifting style cycled training.

I change the exact amount of reps I'm want to do a little bit every cycle. I also change the lenght of the cycle very often.

This is what I'm thinking of doing once current cycle is finished:

WEEK 1-2

5x8 for main movements - focus on speed more than strenght

5x12 for assistance movements

WEEK 3-4

5x5 for main (classic) - 5 reps is a great strenght builder, but the weights are light enough to still attain a lot of speed.

5x10 for assistance

WEEK 5-6

5x2 for main - pure strenght. 2 reps mostly feels like doing two singles in a row.

5x6 for assistance

WEEK 7

5-8x1 for main - focus on technique and practising to exert maximum force in one go

Minimize assistance

WEEK8

max week! - time to see if any of this has paid of!

No assistance

DELOAD?

Since I only train twice a week I rarely feel the need to deload. But once in a while I do plan a week off when I'm feeling tired.

ASSISTANCE

All my assisance movements are chosen based on biofeedback BUT I do have some favorites based on results in the past 6 months.

Benchpress - Floor presses really improved my ability to power trough my sticking point in the middle of the rep. Cable rows, barbell rows, dumbbell rows are the 'opposite' of benchpressing and really inportant for a strong bench and keeping injury free.

Deadlift - Stiff legged deadlifts to make the back and back and butt stronger, without hurting my knees. Heavy (kettlebell) swing to get more explosive and work muscle indurance.

THOUGHTS ON GRIP AND GRIPPERS

Grip is a funny thing. With the exception of grippers all grip movements are just isometric contractions. The muscle doesn't move. You hold on to something and then you let it go.

I'm not shure if repping things like a Rolling thunder or a pinchblock makes any sense since you're basically just doing multiple isometric contractions. I do think reps could perhaps make you better at breaking stuff off the ground, but just because you're practising the technique. This cycle I'm going to try to do just do holds. If I can hold a weight for longer than 7-10sec. I will add weight. Never done this before!

Grippers are a different story. These you can actually rep and I don't see any reason why cycling your reps and resistance wouldn't work for grippers. Mostly it just isn't very practical because you will need a sh*tload of grippers to always have the exact right gripper for the amount of reps you want to do. You could use a Vulcan gripper to solve this problem but I tried this for the last 6 weeks of 2013 and my crush really suffered. My set has become better but the last part of the crush has become much worse. However I recently bought the adjustable Dinosaur hunter grippers van Matt's. The Tyrannosaur and the Megalodon. These are basically just torsion spring grippers with where the spring is adjustable in height. The feel is the same as any other TSG. I've marked the spring and made 10 levels (see picture). This will allow me to be able to choose the exact amount of resistance needed for the amount of reps I want to do.

I'm very interested to see if this works!

post-22763-0-70692900-1391074682_thumb.j

• Like 1

Saturday 2feb. 2014

General strenght and thickbar

5x2

FLOOR PRESS 5x90kg/2x100kg/2x105kg/2x110kg/2x110kg/2x110kg

DIPS 4xbw+35kg/2xbw+45kg/2x bw+50kg/2x bw+50kg/2x bw+50kg/2xbw+50kg

ROLLING THUNDER after a post by Juha on variation on RT handles I decided to do a little experiment. I lubricated my handle with chain oil. And even though my handle could still spin freely before this it made a huge difference. Last week I did 5x75kg/1x85kg, this week I could only do 1x75kg. So i ended up doing a whole lot of singles because my ego wouldn't let me go any lighter. 11x1x75kg

OTHER GRIPSTUFF was planning to do dumbbell holds with fatgripz extreme and 2" wrist roller but my elbow didn't feel to good.

T-BAR ROW WIDE GRiP I don't like the wide grip, but the narrow grip was occupied 10x50kg/10x65kg/6x80kg/6x90kg/6x80kg/6x80kg/6x80kg

DUMBBELL LUNGES planned to do at least one leg movement but nothing felt right. Untill I tried lunges, something I never do. 10x10kg/10x16kg/10x20kg/10x24kg/10x28kg/10x30kg/8x32kg

Felt really tired after first exercise. Should have stopped but muddled through anyway. Finally stopped after lunges. Might have messed up my cns a bit. Felt really tired and grumpy the next day. Tried to eat a bit more than normal. I think it sort of worked.

Tuesdag night 4-2-2014

5x2

I think I will not do any thickbar or pinching for the next 2-3 weeks. Let my elbow rest a little bit.

Added contrast bathing to my rehab.

It was very crowded in the gym tonight. Couldn't do exactly what I wanted to.

Very low energy. Thinking of taking a week off.

Bench press narrow grip Wanted to do 125kg, but had no speed at all. Felt heavy. 2x100kg/2x110kg/2x120kg/2x120kg/2x120kg/2x120kg

Dip machine 10x120kg/10x135kg/10x155kg/6x165kg/6x165kg/6x165kg/6x165kg

Grippers mms Did these in between dips. On my way back with grippers strenght.

Right 2xT-rex Level 6/ 2xT-rex Level7/ 1xT-rex Level 8/ 1xRB240/ 2xRB240/ 2xRB240

Left 2xT-rex Level 2/ 2xT-rex Level 2/ 2xT-rex Level 3/ 1x#2/ 2x#2/ 2x#2

Hoist Row machine Very strict. 20x88kg/ 20x102kg/ 12x117kg/ 12x117kg/ 12x117kg

Kettlebell bottom up press Only overhead movement I can do with my shoulder at the moment. Unfortunately the heaviest KB at my gym is only 20kg. So easy reps with these.10x16kg/ 10x20kg/ 10x20kg/ 10x20kg/ 10x20kg

Leg press horizontal stack Never do these. Felt good. Almost no irritation to my knee. Energy was actually a bit better after these.20x109kg/ 20x125kg/ 10x141kg/ 10x165kg/ 10x189kg/ 10x205kg/ 10x221kg

Barbell curl wide grip Haven't done these in a long time. Curling hurts my elbow. Decided to do some light sets. Should do these more to keep the balance with my triceps. 3x10x30kg

Sitting calf press one leg 20x60kg/ 15x70kg/ 12x75kg/ 12x75kg/ 12x75kg

Finger curls behind back Never done these before. Felt good. Didin't hurt my elbow at all! Not sure if they have any carryover to grippers. 10x50kg/ 10x70kg/ 10x70kg / 8x75kg

Plate curls against wall Never done these against a wall before. Much much harder! 4x10kg (small plate)/ 4x10kg (big plate)/ 1x15kg (small plate)

Back levering Wanted to do more. Running out of time at the gym! 10x5kg/ 6x9kg/ 6x9kg

Wrist plate curl Couldn't finish these because gym closed. 20x10kg (small plate)

Ab wheel At home. 5x10

THOUGHTS ON GRIP AND GRIPPERS Grip is a funny thing. With the exception of grippers all grip movements are just isometric contractions. The muscle doesn't move. You hold on to something and then you let it go. I'm not shure if repping things like a Rolling thunder or a pinchblock makes any sense since you're basically just doing multiple isometric contractions. I do think reps could perhaps make you better at breaking stuff off the ground, but just because you're practising the technique. This cycle I'm going to try to do just do holds. If I can hold a weight for longer than 7-10sec. I will add weight. Never done this before!

I've actually been thinking along these same lines lately and have just started training the way you've outlined it. I'll shoot for the 5-10 second range and hit some heavy singles as well.

THOUGHTS ON GRIP AND GRIPPERS Grip is a funny thing. With the exception of grippers all grip movements are just isometric contractions. The muscle doesn't move. You hold on to something and then you let it go. I'm not shure if repping things like a Rolling thunder or a pinchblock makes any sense since you're basically just doing multiple isometric contractions. I do think reps could perhaps make you better at breaking stuff off the ground, but just because you're practising the technique. This cycle I'm going to try to do just do holds. If I can hold a weight for longer than 7-10sec. I will add weight. Never done this before!

I've actually been thinking along these same lines lately and have just started training the way you've outlined it. I'll shoot for the 5-10 second range and hit some heavy singles as well.

Hi Eric,

I would be very interested to find out if it does anything for you!

I'm skipping thickbar and pinching for a couple of weeks because my elbow hurts, but next month I will start with the holds too.

I agree with you on pinch and thick bar. holds make more sense. That being said, I'm the farthest from being an expert on that!

I got bad golfers elbow from abusing my fat gripz (something you personally warned me against) and also from doing barbell curls. I bought jedd johnsons ebook on elbow pain and it has been helping me overcome that.

What do you think of those silvis grippers? The concept is great. I could finally train in the 130-135 range thats so difficult to get a gripper in. but I worry that these grippers are low quality springs and will season. What are your thoughts?

I agree with you on pinch and thick bar. holds make more sense. That being said, I'm the farthest from being an expert on that!

I got bad golfers elbow from abusing my fat gripz (something you personally warned me against) and also from doing barbell curls. I bought jedd johnsons ebook on elbow pain and it has been helping me overcome that.

What do you think of those silvis grippers? The concept is great. I could finally train in the 130-135 range thats so difficult to get a gripper in. but I worry that these grippers are low quality springs and will season. What are your thoughts?

Hi Anthony,

Too bad about the golf elbow. That sucks! I got fairly good results with rehabbing the golf elbow by doing eccentric wrist curls and eccentric dumbbell curls. Choose a really light weight you know you can do without pain. Help the arm/hand up with your off hand and than lower the weight really slowly in 3-5 seconds for 15 reps. 3 sets every day.

On the Silvis grippers. Haven't got them very long so I'm not sure about the quality of the spring. However if the spring seasons you can always make it harder again by sliding the spring deeper in the handle. The feel is slightly different from a coc because the spread is quit a bit narrower. Because of this I wouldn't recommend doing all your reps with them. However I feel it could be an excellent tool to bridge gaps between grippers. I just hope the little screws in the handle don't wear down, because I change the depth of the spring a lot!

• Like 1

Trained shoulders tonight in the gym, why I haven't been visiting this gym for months is a mystery to me, this is so much easier for training shoulders.

Instead of doing strict seated stuff I could do standing shoulderpress now for a change and the weights went up bigtime for me.

Shoulderpress (standing);

Seated dumbbellpress;

Machine shoulderpress;

lateral raises as finisher;

Face pulls, triceps pushdowns and seated rows supersets did the job.

Hi Anthony,

Too bad about the golf elbow. That sucks! I got fairly good results with rehabbing the golf elbow by doing eccentric wrist curls and eccentric dumbbell curls. Choose a really light weight you know you can do without pain. Help the arm/hand up with your off hand and than lower the weight really slowly in 3-5 seconds for 15 reps. 3 sets every day.

On the Silvis grippers. Haven't got them very long so I'm not sure about the quality of the spring. However if the spring seasons you can always make it harder again by sliding the spring deeper in the handle. The feel is slightly different from a coc because the spread is quit a bit narrower. Because of this I wouldn't recommend doing all your reps with them. However I feel it could be an excellent tool to bridge gaps between grippers. I just hope the little screws in the handle don't wear down, because I change the depth of the spring a lot!

Thank you for the response! That's basically what I do for tendonitis now.

Trained shoulders tonight in the gym, why I haven't been visiting this gym for months is a mystery to me, this is so much easier for training shoulders.

Instead of doing strict seated stuff I could do standing shoulderpress now for a change and the weights went up bigtime for me.

Seated dumbbellpress;

Machine shoulderpress;

Huh? haha Sorry Roy, I just filled out my log in yours?

You know, I went back to the Gripboard a few minutes later after filling it in and wondered why my post wasn't saved :grin:

Well, there ya go, a free workout. This one's from me ok? :santa:

Edited by Geralt

Seated dumbbellpress;

Machine shoulderpress;

Huh? haha Sorry Roy, I just filled out my log in yours?

You know, I went back to the Gripboard a few minutes later after filling it in and wondered why my post wasn't saved :grin:

Well, there ya go, a free workout. This one's from me ok? :santa:

Hahaha thanks Geralt,

I feel the burn in my shoulders already.

• Like 2

Great log, and sense of humor.

You bring up some good points here, I gotta start following.

Great log, and sense of humor.

You bring up some good points here, I gotta start following.

Thanks Tentaclegrip! I will try my best to keep it interesting. :-)

THOUGHTS ON BENCHPRESSING

This log isn't only about grip. So a little bit about benchpressing.
I'm no expert on benchpressing. Not even close actually, but during the past year I've been trying to teach myself the benchpressing technique of powerlifters. Unfortunatly everybody at my gym, including the trainers, are absolutely clueless when it comes to powerlifting technique. So I have had to go by the information I can find on the net and by what I feel when benchpressing.

I feel a lot of shoulder injuries I have had over the years can be contributed to having bad pressing technique. But currently I can still benchpress without pain even though my shoulder hurts with a lot of other pressing movements. Mainly due to the fact that I'm tucking my elbows, use a narrower grip and squeeze my shoulder blades together as hard as I can. Haven't got the legdrive part down. I think that could easily add 20lbs to my press without actually getting stronger.

Here's a tutorial video of a woman who weights about 100lbs less than me, but benchpresses the same as me (a bit more actually).

And another one benching 305lbs. Not bad for a 132lbs woman!

GRIP

One thing that isn't mentioned in the video is gripping the bar as hard as you can. And we gripsters know how to grip hard! Gripping hard will protect your wrists and make everything tighter so you can press more weight.

Training saturday 12:15-15:00

5x2

Didn't sleep very well. Woke up with a sore back. Knew deadlifting probably wouldn't go well today.

Got to the gym pretty psyched up anyway.

Since I've already ditched pinching and thickbar for the time being because of my tendonitis I really wanted to do grippers. However for once I was wise and didn't do those either. Instead I did almost every forearm exercise I could think of that doesn't hurt my elbow.

Started with floor presses and the first warm up sets felt really heavy. So I decided to do a bit more warm up than usual.

Floor press 2x90kg/ 2x100kg/ 2x110kg/ 2x112,5kg (PR!)/ 2x115kg (ugly reps) Got a PR! 115kg was a bit too much, got the reps but my butt left the ground a little bit.

Dips 4xbw+25kg/ 4xbw+35kg/ 2xbw+45kg/ 2xbw+50kg/ 2xbw+55kg (equals PR) I might have gotten 2x60kg too, but thought it would be wiser to stop.

Deadlift 2x130kg/ 2x150kg/ 2x160kg/ 2x170kg/ 1x180kg Felt heavy from the get go. Maybe could have gotten a scond rep with 180kg, but didn't feel good. Must pay more attention to my form. My butt comes up a little too quick. Must keep the pressure on my legs a bit longer and lead with the chest!

Leg press horizontal (stack) Since these went so well last time I decided to do them again. 20x101kg/ 20x125kg/ 20x149kg / 10x73kg/ 10x197kg/ 10x221kg easy reps.

Cable row Small triangle grip.10x80kg/ 10x100kg/ 10x120kg/ 6x135kg Didn't have much energy for these.

Incline shrugs Did these in between cable rows. Lying with my chest on an incline bench. Really squeezing the shoulder blades together. 3x15x20kg dumbells

Started to feel a bit tired now, but I only had a bunch of accesory movements left that I wanted to do and I had enough energy for those.

Seated calf press one leg Feel these help stabilize my knees. 15x60kg/ 15x70kg/ 12x80kg/ 10x 85kg/ 10x85kg

Finger curls behind back In betweens sets calf presses. 10x60kg/ 10x70kg/ 8x75kg/ 4x80kg

Machine preacher curls really light just to get some blood in my arms 3x15x30kg

Wrist roller Hand at shoulder height, arms straight. really light, just for bloodflow also. 2xup 5kg - 3 sets.

Block curl against wall Great practise for plate curling. you can choose your weight much more carefully than with plate curls. 8x5kg/ 4x7,5kg /4x10kg/ 1x12,5kg (ugly rep, about as hard as a big 15kg plate)

Block wrist curls 10x 7,5kg/ 4x 8,5kg / 10x 7,5kg

Levering left/right Hand on bench. 3x10x4kg

Levering back 15x4kg/ 15x6,5kg/ 10x8kg/ 10x8kg

Ab wheel 4x12

Mmm... seem to have done a ridiculous amount of work. Don't think I wore out my CNS though. I feel fine.

Knees feel really good at the moment! Hopefully they stay this way. I just keep stretching my hamstrings, quadriceps and calves several times a day.

SOME PICS OF MY VERY MODEST GRIPPER COLLECTION AND SOME HOME MADE GRIP RELATED STUFF:

My grippers In order of difficulty:

IM T, Im#1, IM#1 filed, IM#2, IM2 filed, IM#2.5, RB240, GM(148rgc), Silvis Dino hunter adjustable T-Rex, IM#3(153rgc), GHP7(155rgc), Silvis Dino hunter adjustable Megalodon.

Home made stuff:

Levering block, made of mdc and wood, mostly used for curls and wrist curls

Levering stick, made of wood

Wrist roller, made of pvc, sport tape and boat rope

Loading pin, made of wood and metal bolts, has held up to 85kg so far. i think it's good for at least 100kg.

post-22763-0-01597900-1392039852_thumb.jpost-22763-0-00462600-1392039854_thumb.jpost-22763-0-06893800-1392039856_thumb.jpost-22763-0-91741700-1392039857_thumb.jpost-22763-0-72663500-1392039859_thumb.jpost-22763-0-23412900-1392039865_thumb.jpost-22763-0-04315400-1392039850_thumb.j

SOME PICS OF MY VERY MODEST GRIPPER COLLECTION AND SOME HOME MADE GRIP RELATED STUFF:

My grippers In order of difficulty:

IM T, Im#1, IM#1 filed, IM#2, IM2 filed, IM#2.5, RB240, GM(148rgc), Silvis Dino hunter adjustable T-Rex, IM#3(153rgc), GHP7(155rgc), Silvis Dino hunter adjustable Megalodon.

Home made stuff:

Levering block, made of mdc and wood, mostly used for curls and wrist curls

Levering stick, made of wood

Wrist roller, made of pvc, sport tape and boat rope

Loading pin, made of wood and metal bolts, has held up to 85kg so far. i think it's good for at least 100kg.

attachicon.gif_DSC1063.jpgattachicon.gif_DSC1064.jpgattachicon.gif_DSC1066.jpgattachicon.gif_DSC1067.jpgattachicon.gif_DSC1068.jpgattachicon.gif_DSC1069.jpgattachicon.gif_DSC1061.jpg

Nice!

Roy, for a loading pin I use a standard universal table stand (tafelpoot) which you can find at store here in Holland, Gamma, Praxis, etc.

They consist of a pipe (the paw) which can be screwed under the table. If you turn the pipe upside down, That part nicely prevents the weights from sliding off.

You only need to drill a hole through the pipe for a nut and bolt on which you can click a caribiner. Presto, a very sturdy loading pin. I use one for 30mm plates, there are also thicker ones for 50mm.

How far are you off from the Ghp7? and how do you compare it with the IM#3 you have? Easier? Harder? And 'sweepwise'?