20 Rep Squats And Milk

rico300zx

Ive been messin with this since I got done with nursing school. In fact ive been adding 5 lbs almost every day for over a month and a half now.

Todays squats were dedicated to my bro Jason 325x20

• Like 2

Ive been messin with this since I got done with nursing school. In fact ive been adding 5 lbs almost every day for over a month and a half now.

Noice! :mosher

just to be clear.....are you doing this every day?

yes every day. I started on aug 24 with 225lbs, Im adding 5 lb a day, however I go to the gym and use the Smith machine there, right now i'm up to 365 on that but its funky you know. Like cheating. So it messes me up sometime, and I don't know what to add at home, but i'm trying my best to switch between the two. I have missed about 5 maybe 6 days due to having a life. Edited by rico300zx

Noice! :mosher

thanks Jason! I knew you would appreciate it!

Damn strong! Great job Parris

thanks the secret is out......squat more

Congrats on the progress Parris!!!

How often did you squat before you started the program? Have you put on any bodyweight?

I'm sure Randy will be happy to hear you're doing his program.

Edited by bwwm

Great progress Parris!

Why the Smith machine?

(Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather squat in a Smith machine and would like more ammunition as to why this is an acceptable alternative because people usually just want to call me a **ssy for using the machine.)

just to be clear.....are you doing this every day?

yes every day. I started on aug 24 with 225lbs, Im adding 5 lb a day, however I go to the gym and use the Smith machine there, right now i'm up to 365 on that but its funky you know. Like cheating. So it messes me up sometime, and I don't know what to add at home, but i'm trying my best to switch between the two. I have missed about 5 maybe 6 days due to having a life.

that is hardcore. i imagine the first week sucked till your body got used to it. i have done it once a week and the soreness lingers for a while.

Congrats on the progress Parris!!!

How often did you squat before you started the program? Have you put on any bodyweight?

I'm sure Randy will be happy to hear you're doing his program.

Yea really i did read his book too. I was 215 when I started and i'm 237 now. I actually haven't put anything on in a few basically because I been cutting out junk, so i'm cool with that for now

Great progress Parris!

Why the Smith machine?

(Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather squat in a Smith machine and would like more ammunition as to why this is an acceptable alternative because people usually just want to call me a **ssy for using the machine.)

No ammo here, its all they have at the gym, truthful it hurts my lower back to use it. You should do what you want listen to how you feel safe. Pick your reasons and stick to your find

Whole milk?

Nope skim

that is hardcore. i imagine the first week sucked till your body got used to it. i have done it once a week and the soreness lingers for a while.

Yea for a couple days but it goes away

Wow, that's great..I've been thinking of trying this..do u do this 7 times per week or just three?

I guess I'm doing it 6 days a week, but you should do things according to how you feel, the beginning may be hard. Because you will be sore, but do it anyway!

Each day is every bit harder because you always adding weight to challenge your self.

But when you look back you will be like wow look how much I've improved not to mention you will be packing on some serious muscle to get to that next weigh class.

Parris,

If you don't mind my asking a few questions...

What kind of a warmup are you doing leading up to your 20 rep squats?

Do you squat progressivly heavier leading up to your 20 rep weight?

What point in your workout are you squatting... beginning, middle, end?

Thanks,

Seth

Parris,

Thanks,

Seth

Hey Seth

Well for warm up all I do is 10 minutes on the elipitical to get the blood flowing. Then I do some some shoulder streching. Load up my weights. Maybe 3or 4 times I'll squat down with no bar. I usually wait about 5 to 8 min between warm up and squats.

I don't squat progressively harder except for adding the 5 lbs each time I do it. I don't do any other squatting when on this program. my results are enough to prove that.

I also do the squats at the beginning of the workout. In case something comes up or I get lazy.

After the squats I do a set of ten light pullovers with my back on a bench or pull up on the door to strech the chest. Then If I feel like it I'll do one other body part of my choice. Throw in a grip exercise and maybe an abdominal machine if im at the gym

Parris,

Thanks,

Seth

Hey Seth

Well for warm up all I do is 10 minutes on the elipitical to get the blood flowing. Then I do some some shoulder streching. Load up my weights. Maybe 3or 4 times I'll squat down with no bar. I usually wait about 5 to 8 min between warm up and squats.

I don't squat progressively harder except for adding the 5 lbs each time I do it. I don't do any other squatting when on this program. my results are enough to prove that.

I also do the squats at the beginning of the workout. In case something comes up or I get lazy.

After the squats I do a set of ten light pullovers with my back on a bench or pull up on the door to strech the chest. Then If I feel like it I'll do one other body part of my choice. Throw in a grip exercise and maybe an abdominal machine if im at the gym

amazing....i can barely get to the shower after doing a 20 rep squat. i can't even think about moving any other weight.

when you began this program, was the 1st day weight prescribed as a % of your max?

That's how I felt for a while, and yes it does take a few to gather myself, when i'm at the gym i'm more apt to do something else, at home I may not because its easier to be lazy.

The prescribed%? well I had not squatted for over a year and a half. So I didn't know where to start. So I picked 225 to start since I figured it was light enough for 20. I read strossens book back in 07 and Iremember it saying pick a weight you can do for 10 then do 20. So that's what I did.

That's how I felt for a while, and yes it does take a few to gather myself, when i'm at the gym i'm more apt to do something else, at home I may not because its easier to be lazy.

The prescribed%? well I had not squatted for over a year and a half. So I didn't know where to start. So I picked 225 to start since I figured it was light enough for 20. I read strossens book back in 07 and Iremember it saying pick a weight you can do for 10 then do 20. So that's what I did.

that is funny. i am thinking about doing this when my current program is up in a few weeks. i may do it for 3 weeks or so. i may try to coincide it for when i get a deer in the freezer. i will be eating a lot. milk and i don't get along.

that is funny. i am thinking about doing this when my current program is up in a few weeks. i may do it for 3 weeks or so. i may try to coincide it for when i get a deer in the freezer. i will be eating a lot. milk and i don't get along.

do it bro you wont regret it! watch the dear meat, gout is always around the corner be carefull for pain in your feet when your eating alot of it.

Parris

Re: Kicked my 2HPs ass tonight!

by Parris Janusek » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:45 am

quick workout at home today

cardio,

330lb x 20 certifiable badd ass squats all deep all honest no cheating ass down not just the bar

:shuriken: :shuriken:

:shuriken: :shuriken:

rico

Re: Kicked my 2HPs ass tonight!

by Parris Janusek » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:15 pm

awaiting the hurricane

cardio,

335lb x 20 rep squats (152kilos)

Awaiting Hurricane Sandy I wanted to bust out one more awesome set of 20 rep squats I moved up my weight today to 330lbs another 5lb increase. kraftsportNO urged me to discontinue the "pussy pad" but I just cant bring myself to do it yet since its working out so well for right now. One of these days I'll loose it. Oh yea yesterday was my 2 month anniversary of quiting smoking

:sorcerer: :sorcerer: Edited by rico300zx

Oh yea yesterday was my 2 month anniversary of quiting smoking

I know from experience (quit after 17yrs) how difficult that can be. That is awesome! Congrats Parris!

• 6 months later...

It's been a while... How did this work out for you Parris? Still squating everyday?

-Seth