Rogue Beater Bar

ultimatemk309

Does anyone have experience with this bar? I need a replacement for my garage gym to replace my cheapo Academy bar. The diameter is supposed to be a little bigger than a standard Olympic bar which is nice. It will be mainly used for the big 3 lifts, no Olympic movements. This seems like a good deal, but are there any others out there under $200 that would be of equal quality?

• Like 1

My Ohio Power Bar came in last night. First workout with it today. Phenomenal. I got the black zinc vs. bare steel because it's gonna live in the shed which is a rough place.

I'm sure the beater bar is fine, but I'd recommend throwing down the extra $50 for the OPB.

• Like 1

The Jesup power bar is another good one for the price. Love benching with mine. Sucks for deads, though.

• Like 2

The Jesup power bar is another good one for the price. Love benching with mine. Sucks for deads, though.

I also have a Jesup power bar...the thing is indestructible.

I also have a Jesup power bar...the thing is indestructible.

Does it suck because of the knurling, or is there another reason? Been thinking about getting one also.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit late, but I just bought this bar. For the price, it cannot be beat - stainless and made here in the US. My only gripe is I wish it had a center ghost knurl and the fact it's a limited run (they are no longer making 28.5mm bars). It's the same stainless as their $800 bar.

http://americanbarbell.com/products/the-stainless-steel-wod-bar