Tommy Heslep Chat

Norden

I had a little chat with Tommy Heslep on facebook.

I couldn't keep from writing him because of my curiosity.

However, he said he could still no set close a #3.5, and when I asked about his hand size he said about 7.5".

He couldn't really close the #4 any longer. He was really close last few times he tried but it wasn't worth the pain he had from his elbow tendonitis.

My hands are about 8" and I've had a hard time seeing myself CCSing a #3 because I feel everything wider than an inch makes the handle in my palm go too far back etc, but this conversation gave me alot of hope regarding TNSing and CCSing big grippers.

• Like 1

it is possible to CC setingt or tns a 3 with sub 8" hands . Just put the work in. You can get there. I wish my hands were 8" .

my hands are only 8 inches long and I can TNS a COC #3. If you can TNS a weaker gripper like a #1 then you can TNS a #3. You just have to get strong enough where you are capable of dominating the #3 the same way. You have to work on the technique a little also since there is a certain technique to get the gripper into the sweet spot of the hand when doing a TNS close.

• Like 2

my hands are only 8 inches long and I can TNS a COC #3. If you can TNS a weaker gripper like a #1 then you can TNS a #3. You just have to get strong enough where you are capable of dominating the #3 the same way. You have to work on the technique a little also since there is a certain technique to get the gripper into the sweet spot of the hand when doing a TNS close.

As Chez says, if you able to TNS a gripper, you will be able to TNS a heavier gripper. TNS repping definitely has a place in the workout - I'm still working on finding the TNS 'sweet spot'.

Having a good solid thumb-base helps prevent the sliding thingy. For the rest it's indeed, a strength thing.

What happened to his videos?

I remember seeing a video a long time ago of him closing # 3 TNS style among some cool bending feats

I remember him doing bodyweight feats while closing a # 3 as well

Edited by yummy

I remember seeing a video a long time ago of him closing # 3 TNS style among some cool bending feats

Yeah I remember seeing one of him closing a #3 while planking and smashing a raw potato with his other hand. Or something like that.

Yeah I remember seeing one of him closing a #3 while planking and smashing a raw potato with his other hand. Or something like that.

Yeah and a phone ringing at the background haha, I remember that.

Yeah and a phone ringing at the background haha, I remember that.

• Like 2

his bending style hurts just to watch...haha. i tore my hands to pieces last year trying to bend in the more common, easier style.

Tommy is one strong cat. Every time I saw him in action he was impressive. I still lift and treasure the 50 lb block he gave me at a Nc. Grip meet. That man has grip talent. I got a treat watching Tom and Mr. Morton work on the Phantom 4 at the Nationals Jed held a number of years back.Much respect. R.Sorin

• Like 2