Road To Crushing The Blob And Pinching The No.3

Anthony C.

Im guessing herniated disc.

I tried doing dumbell rows a month or two ago and on my last rep I didnt tense my core like I should have.

The Lower back went *click* and I had to crawl upstairs.

With three steps left I couldnt even crawl anymore.

It took me like 3-4 minutes to crawl up the last three steps.

I couldnt walk for 2-3 days.

Then I started moving around, leaning on furniture and walls, walking bent over, like a 100 yr old.

Took me like a week and a half before I could walk properly and when I could walk upright I started taking long walks every other day.

Long walks seem to help the back recover.

Im taking a walk tomorrow again.

My back is better but its fragile and weak.

I cant lift anything heavy or move fast, jump, punch etc.

Regular walking and upper body gym movements is about where my limitations are atm.

Did you went to see a chiropractor? I recognise what you described, only a shorter period and because of wrong posture on 205kg DL. In two cases i hurt my lower back I went to see a Chiro and in both cases that's what relieved almost instantly, manipulating the lower discs. She lay me on my side and pushed my leg and torso with force downwards. Some popping noises and I immediately felt it. Besides my wife, my chiro is a keeper lol

Sorry Anthony, realized just now that this is your workout log. Back to you.

Chiropractors can be very helpful for certain people and for others it is like just putting a bandaid on a bigger problem. Unfortunately Peter you seem to have a genetically poor back as well, but your plan for rehab is solid. Just rest it and do light exercise and get blood back there. That's really all you can do aside from yoga and stretching, which may or may not help certain problems also.

• Like 1

I tried doing dumbell rows a month or two ago and on my last rep I didnt tense my core like I should have.

Then I started moving around, leaning on furniture and walls, walking bent over, like a 100 yr old.

Took me like a week and a half before I could walk properly and when I could walk upright I started taking long walks every other day.

Regular walking and upper body gym movements is about where my limitations are atm.

This is the gnarliest back injury story I ever heard. Sorry this happened to you brother.

• Like 2

This is the gnarliest back injury story I ever heard. Sorry this happened to you brother.

Agreed. It's always upsetting to hear when a motivated lifter is held back by a debilitating injury. Get well soon, brother.

Hey Anthony, i know you cant get a trab bar but have you tried the Jefferson deadlift, its very similar to trab bar.

Hey bro, I've never tried them before, but they definitely look like they could ease the load on the spine. For now, I think any extreme weight (extreme for me, of course) I put on my discs will not be great. But in a few weeks when I'm hopefully feeling better, I want to give these a shot, thanks for the suggestion!

Did legs today. About 5 sets of squats with the ironmind hip belt. This was fantastic. I used Rick Walker's method of setting up with the tbar apparatus and stood on 2 45 pound plates to give myself extra ROM. The setup is going to take some perfecting and tweaking but overall I got a great leg workout with no stress on my lower back at all. Also did 4 sets of machine leg press, lying leg curls and calf raises. Tomorrow I'll be going to John Manna's humble abode for a grip training session. Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

Anthony - I've had multiple back issues the past decade and two of the most effective things I've done to get me back in the game sooner have been working on an inversion table and going to a good chiropractor. With the chiro, I've seen 5+ in the past but none were able to do much. Finally I found a great place that included a PT and did some unconventional stuff too. This made all of the difference for me.

Anthony - I've had multiple back issues the past decade and two of the most effective things I've done to get me back in the game sooner have been working on an inversion table and going to a good chiropractor. With the chiro, I've seen 5+ in the past but none were able to do much. Finally I found a great place that included a PT and did some unconventional stuff too. This made all of the difference for me.

that sounds really cool, actually. My insurance sucks though, and so the chiropractor I see actually takes half of my co pay from me so it really helps on the wallet. I have a 60 dollar co pay so anywhere else I'd get destroyed going twice a month. I remember talking to you at the throwdown about inversion tables and I have one, it just doesn't give long term comfort for me.

So yesterday i trained at john mannas house with chez, jose and another friend mike. Had a great time and i closed the 3 twice. I submitted a video for mm0 but unfortunately got two reds and one white because my set was not clearly visible. Now that the video has been reviewed, theres no harm in posting it, as i am still proud of it. I also took two screenshots which i thought show the points of the set and close.

http://youtu.be/mvwGK_hZN3E

I also did weighted pull ups with two rolling thunders and bent a bunch of crap, and chilled with good people. Great day!

post-23333-0-54677100-1418601249_thumb.j

post-23333-0-46407900-1418601259_thumb.j

• Like 8

Training with chez and manna must be something else!

That is how you stay motivationen, learn and improve fast!

• Like 1

Dude I could feel the adrenaline through the computer! that was closed! it's just filming thing now

• Like 2

So yesterday i trained at john mannas house with chez, jose and another friend mike. Had a great time and i closed the 3 twice. I submitted a video for mm0 but unfortunately got two reds and one white because my set was not clearly visible. Now that the video has been reviewed, theres no harm in posting it, as i am still proud of it. I also took two screenshots which i thought show the points of the set and close.

http://youtu.be/mvwGK_hZN3E

I also did weighted pull ups with two rolling thunders and bent a bunch of crap, and chilled with good people. Great day!

You sneaky bastard. Complaining about the back and all and than BOOM closing a #3 :shuriken:

The video will come. You did it, that's a big mental thing. Congrats.

Edit: when you're finished, please send me some Manna and Chez ok, I can use them as well over here in training. I'll pay the shipping.

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 3

Congrats duuuude!

I think the 'set' is visible enough, it's a mms for #%*sake!

Also I agree with Geralt. Please send the Chez and Manna to Holland asap!

• Like 2

Hell yeah! You can do that again with a better camera angle now.

• Like 1

Big congrats dude!!! You train hard, you earned it!

• Like 1

Where the hell did that close come from? Great job!

• Like 1

Wow, thank you guys! It's truly humbling to have the support from all of you. I could not have gotten to where I am now without the advice and words of motivation from each and every one of you. When I first got into grip, closing the 3 was my main dream. I was struggling with a trainer and the thought of touching the handles on the 3 seemed like it was impossible. Needless to say, Saturday was a pretty special day for me. I'm going to film this again soon and make sure I get a great video so the judges can see the set perfectly. I respect all that they do for us and their decision was fair.

On a side note, I beat my hands and nervous system up pretty good that day from all the bending and Rolling thunder I did afterward, so I decided to treat myself to an extra two days of rest. I'll be back in the gym tomorrow, clangin and bangin those weights around. The red nail must die next....

• Like 4

It was awesome seeing you squoosh that thing brother, and it was SQUOOSHED! You got it next time, no problem!

Edited by Jose Cabrera
  • Like 1

It was awesome seeing you squoosh that thing brother, and it was SQUOOSHED! You got it next time, no problem!

And it was awesome seeing you bend like a beast!

• Like 1

Just wanted to say congrats again buddy and the MM0 cert is going down real soon.

• Like 2