Grip Strength Radio

Jedd Johnson

Still enthralled by this TOS condition you had Jedd. Sounds like your symptom of circulation loss is more rare than the other symptoms:

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/thoracic_outlet_syndrome/hic_thoracic_outlet_syndrome.aspx

I will be honest - I was so scared out of my mind that I was done lifting when I heard i got this, that I barely researched anything beyond a few articles here and there. It killed me not applying for Mighty Mitts, but I was afraid I was on the doorstep of being done competing because of it.

I just did what they told me to do and got better. TOS is def no joke.

Thanks for your concern, bud.

• 1 month later...

These guys did a great episode with Andrew. I'm listening to it now. Everybody should listen to this. Awesome stuff! I will be replaying this one for weeks to come.

Another great interview on GSR. Well done Doc and Jedd - and of course Andrew. Awesome learning opportunities.

Grip Strength Radio

Who would I like to see as a guest?

I suppose a Pro Strongman might be interesting but for me at least I'd place him way down the list. I mean I pretty much know how a 400# Professional Strength Athlete gets a strong grip.

Personally I would rather hear what a world class rock climber does (and has done) or what a world class arm wrestler does and has done to develop their forearm and finger strength. How to they approach training, injuries, rehab etc? Do those people have ideas different enough that we might actually learn something different than what is constantly talked about on here?

• Like 2

Currently making my way through old episodes, enjoying everything I've been able to listen to so far. Thanks for doing this, guys.

It's already been mentioned that the Gillingham interview isn't working on the site, but I'm not able to get anything older than that to play either. I was interested in listening to the "Intro to Crush Strength" episode, but want to hear the contest reviews as well.

Grip Strength Radio

Who would I like to see as a guest?

I suppose a Pro Strongman might be interesting but for me at least I'd place him way down the list. I mean I pretty much know how a 400# Professional Strength Athlete gets a strong grip.

Personally I would rather hear what a world class rock climber does (and has done) or what a world class arm wrestler does and has done to develop their forearm and finger strength. How to they approach training, injuries, rehab etc? Do those people have ideas different enough that we might actually learn something different than what is constantly talked about on here?

We tried scheduling a Rock Climber and it was very hard to get him.

I interviewed an arm wrestler at The Grip Authority and we covered that very information, Chris. Helped a couple of my subscribers who were arm wrestling on top of grip training.

How about David Horne? I don't think I've seen an episode with him featured, though I know he comes up in conversation every once in a while. It would be interesting to hear what he is up to, as well, and maybe some of the 'history' that he has participated in over the years.

How about David Horne? I don't think I've seen an episode with him featured, though I know he comes up in conversation every once in a while. It would be interesting to hear what he is up to, as well, and maybe some of the 'history' that he has participated in over the years.

+1

Come to think of it, interviewing Elizabeth Horne would be great to, and may get more of the female persuasion listening to GS radio.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Yes - Health for Life put out several booklets back in the 80s time frame. They were (are) HIT based and very good. Power Forearms and Finger Curls are about all someone needs really unless you actually become interested in grip as a sport, In my opinion this builds the base strength that is so often neglected by today's grip trainee. A more balanced and injury proof lower arm is the result.

+1

I wrote him a while back and he told me he wasn't interested in doing interviews.

• 2 weeks later...

Great new episode is up and rocking the interwebs.

Eric Roussin is the guest!

I'm listening to the discussion about people lifting the inch thumbless.

Jedd is down to 227# - that's another interesting tidbit!

• Like 1