Saw This Kettlebell On Ebay

John Beatty

Cool! Item #3694242044

I can't figure out how to link the page directly, but a search on Kettlebell will pull it up.

Also, look at the DB's in the pics

seems expensive to me.

Definitely WAY too much, but still cool.

Well if this is so true

"turns out that both experts contacted had NEVER seen a "3 Stone" weight increment before. One collector had examples of the 2-Stone and 4-Stone, but not a 3-Stone. In his words, it's about as rare as a $3 bill!"

Why did the "Collector" not buy it from him? :blink

The collector must of asked how much he wanted for it, found out that it was $900 and started to go in to a laughing fit! HAHA :D

I am inclined to agree with OldGuy. This thing does not look sturdy enough to actually be a piece of workout equipment. That cheesy wire handle for one thing.

My favorite line in the listing is this one:

"In addition to all the other rarities, you get another... while we're pretty sure at one time this had a cast handle attached, someone at some time has had to custom make a handle device. I think this is actually a bonus... "

Translation: Some one broke this and fixed it later. For this reason the piece is better than if it were like new.

My guess is this is some type of "tool" used in the working trades as a weight and was not ever intended to be a strength building apparatus"

Even if it was a real kettlebell from the early part of the century, the addition of the tape on the handle should seriously decrease its value.

It looks like someone has taking an old British 3 stone rock which is 42 lbs, and possibly some kind of Highland games implement, and fabricated a semi interesting antique looking pseudo kettlebell! The older cast dumbbells are just part of the staged pics. The description is cheesey sales talk. The opening bid is laughable. :flame