After 4 Weeks

hypr

Four weeks ago I bought the Trainer and #1. I could shut the trainer with only my right hand and was very close with the left. I was off by about 1.5inches on the #1. At the three week mark I could repeatedly shut the #1 closed with my right and if I was rested enough barely shut it with my left. This is all no-set I should add, I don't know why but I guess because I consider it more of a challenge due to my small hands but I really like training no-set.

Anyways, my goal now is the #2 with my right and to forcefully close the #1 with my left. I just got the #2 and #3 in today. I'm about an inch away on the #2 (with sore hands) but the #3 feels like a ROCK! I can barely even move the handles a few centimeters! And also, is it just me or is the #3 set a little wider than the rest?

So my question is, in my quest for the #2 is it a better idea to cheat close the #2 itself and hold on till my grip fails, along with overcrushes on the #1, or should I cheat "squeeze" the #3 (since I don't think I could even cheat close it!) and hold on to that?

Start with cheat closes on your #2, and eventually move to negatives on your #3. I'd file the #1 for your overcrushes once it get's easier as well.

Start with cheat closes on your #2, and eventually move to negatives on your #3. I'd file the #1 for your overcrushes once it get's easier as well.

I've searched a lot and I'm just a little confused, is cheat closing a gripper and holding it closed the same thing as "negatives?"

Also, I have blisters on a few of my fingers, will using chalk help out with this, or does it just come with the training?

Basicly the same thing. Force the gripper closed against your leg or with your other hand, then fight it as it tries to open.

Start with cheat closes on your #2, and eventually move to negatives on your #3.  I'd file the #1 for your overcrushes once it get's easier as well.

I've searched a lot and I'm just a little confused, is cheat closing a gripper and holding it closed the same thing as "negatives?"

Also, I have blisters on a few of my fingers, will using chalk help out with this, or does it just come with the training?

your hands will hurt like hell till they harden up, even after that they will hurt.....just not as bad ;)

if your hands become really torn up (so much so that you cannot continue training), wrap one your gripper handles with tape so you can still train while your skin recovers.

I'm chasing the #2 and personally I found the #3 to strong to do reasonable negatives on. I had to buy a gripper between the #2 and #3.

Gripper width varies a quarter inch or more as a result of standard spering variation. It has nothing to do with the # gripper.

Hello hypr

We are in the same boat .I´m too trying to close #2,on a good day i'm 1 cm away from closing it.yeah i allso have #3 its a beast ,good luck to you.

I found the BB SM a good "in between" gripper for the 2-3gap, the chalk will just keep a better grip, not help against injuries. tape and superglue for those but like it was already mentioned get KTA

It may sound unrelated but I suggest you work with block weights. After couple months of block training #1 will feel like nothing.

I would get a gripper in between the #2 and #3 for negatives.

Also, if you lose some skin on your hands, superglue is the answer. Just put some over the part of your hand where you lost the skin and once it dries your good to go.

Guest Chris Vaughn
Buy the KTA program it will help you

I secnod that. I got it and ended up having to bust my ass for months to get to the #2.

But it sure is fun to smack talk it after taking it down. :D

Tbanks for all of the advice. I have wanted to get the KTA program for a couple of weeks now but the only thing that has concerned me about it is the fact that on the site it says "Reformatting your hard drive or changing computers will disable your ebook and will require you to purchase another copy." If this means I can't back it up and reinstall it when I reformat then I have a problem. I mean just the other day I had to reformat my drive because something made my system crash and unrecoverable. Is it impossible to backup the ebook and reinstall on a fresh format of the drive?

Is it impossible to backup the ebook and reinstall on a fresh format of the drive?

No.

If you are reformatting your drive that often, wow. I have never had to reformat.

I've got KTA and it's worth the money for the time you will save in learning about how to use the grippers. The program is pretty intense. You have to really want that next level gripper to succeed with it. I don't want it badly enough to follow the program, but I still picked a lot of good tips for the grippers. Well worth my $25. You are also supporting the community here. The bandwidth for this site isn't free and Bill puts a lot of time into maintaining things.

I suggest you get KTA also. Even if you dont follow the program it is worth it for all the little things it teaches you like setting, filing, overcrushes, negatives, etc.

All these things newbies end up asking about and they are right in KTA, many with videos. Honestly it was probably the best grip tool I have ever bought.

Is it impossible to backup the ebook and reinstall on a fresh format of the drive?

No.

If you are reformatting your drive that often, wow. I have never had to reformat.

I don't reformat that often, but sometimes unexpected things happen and it must be done (or is the most efficient method). So if I am able to back it up in case something happens then it definately sounds like a good investment.

One question, I have read the program is very intense and I don't doubt it, but is it possible to do the program and still do normal weightlifting? I mean are my hands going to be so sore that I won't be able to go to the gym?

One question, I have read the program is very intense and I don't doubt it, but is it possible to do the program and still do normal weightlifting? I mean are my hands going to be so sore that I won't be able to go to the gym?

Everybody's different, but you should still be able to do "normal" lifting... just not grip-intensive stuff.

Yes you can still do normal weightlifting.