Blobs

GordonV

Alea iacta est, or perhaps I should say BLOB iacta est.

The effort to clone the BLOB has begun in earnest.

Design will be finalized with the foundry this week with a prototype available shortly thereafter.

I will pass along news as it becomes available.

Let us know when the dinero is needed.

Edit: and thanks!

Edited by ClayEdgin

ROCK! :rock

Do you have an estimate of what the cost will be? I am definately interested.

Wow, Blob replicas. Just like the Inch Replica. If Richard Sorin had known back then! :)

• Like 2

Sounds good. If the price is around what you though it would be before, I'll be all over it.

Wow, Blob replicas. Just like the Inch Replica. If Richard Sorin had known back then! :)

One small step for hand strength... one giant leap for grip supremacy!!! :bow

6/25/04 -UPDATE

There is no going back now. I met with the foundry today and dropped a wad of cash. The pattern will be done and prototypes will be available in three weeks. It would have been faster but they are shutting down production for the next two weeks for re-tooling.

There will be a recessed window on the top of the blob (similar to the one that reads YORK or 100) that will read "BLOB50".

This stuff is FUN! I feel like a kid at christmas!

So far the estimated price remains the same at $80 plus S/H.

6/25/04 -UPDATE

There is no going back now. I met with the foundry today and dropped a wad of cash. The pattern will be done and prototypes will be available in three weeks. It would have been faster but they are shutting down production for the next two weeks for re-tooling.

There will be a recessed window on the top of the blob (similar to the one that reads YORK or 100) that will read "BLOB50".

This stuff is FUN! I feel like a kid at christmas!

So far the estimated price remains the same at $80 plus S/H.

GREAT!! I can't wait.

Thanks for all your work,

T!

put me down also.

Sweet beyond sweet. Blobs for all!

OMG, I think I just wet myself :ohmy

That rocks dude!!! :mosher Definitely add me to the list of "will purchase" if there is one yet.

Thanks for all of your leg work with this. You will go down in history as the man who brought the BLOB 50s back from the dead.

I want one, too.

speaking of blobs, i have something interesting. i was at my dad's friend's house tonight. he took me into his basement to show me his weight lifting shit. immediately, i noticed two 50lb. york dumbbells. i asked where he got them, and he told me a local champs sports sold them to him very recently. he said they had them all the way to 100lbs. i got their number, and im going to call and see if they have anymore. if they do, im getting 4 or 5 dumbbells. anyone interested?

7/6/04 - Update.

Just got an update from the foundry. The pattern is getting closer to completion and should be done by the end of the week.

The foundry is still shutdown for re-tooling and does not come back online until late next week. They will have the approval samples completed by July 21st.

I will provide additional information as it becomes available.

So far 23 people have expressed interest in the BLOB50. Everyone who has expressed interest will be given prefrence when shipping starts.

It also looks like the price may be a bit higher due to the tax impact and the higher cost of scrap cast iron. At this stage I don't think the price increase will be substantially higher than the $80, I just wanted to give forewarning.

Once I have a firm delivery date and a final price from the foundry I will start taking orders.

Thanks everyone.

My drooling knows no bounds. I'll be at your door waiting when you bring them home.